Past #14: Trent Dumont - delisted end '21 - 113 NM games/26 NM goals - 2019 NM VCapt - thanks Froggy

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol per the Herald Sun:

Champion Data lists the elite players at every club
Al Paton, Herald Sun
3 minutes ago
Subscriber only
Be honest. Would you recognise Trent Dumont if he walked into the room right now?

The tough midfielder has played 61 games for the Kangaroos, including 22 last season, finishing equal-fifth in North Melbourne’s best-and-fairest. But he remains largely anonymous outside Arden St, selected in just 526 of almost 200,000 SuperCoach teams — statistically 0 per cent.

He’s also the fifth-best wingman in the AFL, according to Champion Data.

FULL LIST: SCROLL DOWN TO SEE WHO MAKES THE ELITE CLUB

The league’s official number cruncher assigns every player a position and the top 10 per cent of players in each position — based on a complex rankings formula — are classified as elite.

LIST RANKINGS: WHERE DOES YOUR CLUB RATE?

FLAG WINDOW: PIES AT TOP OF AGE LADDER

The rankings are based on stats from the past two seasons, with most weight given to recent form.

Also in the elite category are Bombers Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Adam Saad, Collingwood defender Jack Crisp, West Coast’s Tom Barrass and Bulldog Matthew Suckling.

But there is no Tom Mitchell, Patrick Cripps or Joel Selwood, who miss out in a crowded midfield.

214982a0b917da3494d46bb8a58ac6c7

Trent Dumont takes on the Bombers. Picture: Michael Klein
lololololol

Lol per the Herald Sun:

Al Paton, Herald Sun
3 minutes ago
Subscriber only
Be honest. Would you recognise Trent Dumont if he walked into the room right now?

The tough midfielder has played 61 games for the Kangaroos, including 22 last season, finishing equal-fifth in North Melbourne’s best-and-fairest. But he remains largely anonymous outside Arden St, selected in just 526 of almost 200,000 SuperCoach teams — statistically 0 per cent.

The league’s official number cruncher assigns every player a position and the top 10 per cent of players in each position — based on a complex rankings formula — are classified as elite.

The rankings are based on stats from the past two seasons, with most weight given to recent form.

Also in the elite category are Bombers Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Adam Saad, Collingwood defender Jack Crisp, West Coast’s Tom Barrass and Bulldog Matthew Suckling.

But there is no Tom Mitchell, Patrick Cripps or Joel Selwood, who miss out in a crowded midfield.

What?

Leading Supercoach expert is two rungs below BigFooty mod in terms of impact.

... We know it's true.

Realistically its probably about 30 below. I wonder if the leading super coach expert ever made an actual lead in his life.

Do we laugh or cry...... I’m in the both camps right now.

Acccording to the article the author is some turnip by the name of Al Paton:
“Al Paton is the head of News Corp's digital AFL team. He has been part of the Herald Sun sport team for more than 15 years and is a leading SuperCoach expert.”

Makes you realise how low the standards of football journalism are right now when a guy like this is heading the AFL digital team.

In saying all of that, a massive kudos to Froggy. Nobody works as hard and he is deserving of some recognition. Have a feeling he won’t be so ‘anonymous’ by the end of 2019.

I can only presume the sports editor and picture editor underlings are in charge while their superiors are off on an early Summer break. That is terribly amateurish!

Unless they were making a point about how no one (apart from us obviously) would know who Dumont is. By deliberately putting someone else's photo up there.

I'm sure that's it. They wouldn't be that uncompetent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robbo’s probably oiled up with his fellow Toolies on Kuta Beach right now too so I imagine the writer posted the copy and the work experience kids did the rest.

Lol per the Herald Sun:

Al Paton, Herald Sun
3 minutes ago
Subscriber only

No wonder Sydney picked up Clarke, they thought they were getting Froggy.

I reckon Frog can take last season's form up a level again.

I happened to notice widely respected draft Knightmare had rated him about 20 in his eerily inaccurate annual power wanking.

That aside, if Frog gets to each and every contest, runs back hard and knows when to get ahead of the play to use his lovely kick into the forward line - like last year- he'll be hugely valuable again.

I reckon Frog can take last season's form up a level again.

I happened to notice widely respected draft Knightmare had rated him about 20 in his eerily inaccurate annual power wanking.

That aside, if Frog gets to each and every contest, runs back hard and knows when to get ahead of the play to use his lovely kick into the forward line - like last year- he'll be hugely valuable again.

I reckon he needs to find more 1st half impact.

Can anyone produce Trent's 1st half v 2nd half stats/impact?

RobZombie ?

His last month of the season was as good as any.

I wonder how The Polec pickup will effect him... or they’ll both just own either wings.

I reckon more likely he goes into the midfield proper to play inside/outside.

His last month of the season was as good as any.

I wonder how The Polec pickup will effect him... or they’ll both just own either wings.
One on each wing with Hall and Higgo rotating with them via half-forward.

I can only presume the sports editor and picture editor underlings are in charge while their superiors are off on an early Summer break. That is terribly amateurish!
How hard is it tho? Like the article itself is okay to go but how do you not cross reference that you have the right image? It takes seconds.
The herald sun is a blight on football

Remove this Banner Ad

Back