Competitions SBBFL Off-Season Thread 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Created a free agency waiver wire thread as a temporary thing until we decide about in season free agency rules.

So is that open now? And how do we go about making the delisting? Do we have to announce who we will delist when we post about picking up the free agent?

So is that open now? And how do we go about making the delisting? Do we have to announce who we will delist when we post about picking up the free agent?
Open now yes,

You will openly nominate the player of your choice by simply posting

I nominate John Smith

if 24 hours pass without someone above you on the waiver wire choosing to outbid you then you’re free to add John Smith to your list and then advise who you will be delisting in his place.

Dochertys done another ACL, poor bloke

I’m sure this year the AFL is allowing clubs to place players on the LTI and pick up a mature ager to replace? How are we going to treat that? If Carlton draft a mature age player to fill a Docherty sized hole do I get to bring him in to my team?

I’m sure this year the AFL is allowing clubs to place players on the LTI before Marc 31 and pick up a mature ager to replace? How are we going to treat that? If Carlton draft a mature age player to fill a Docherty sized hole do I get to bring him in to my team?

I’m sure this year the AFL is allowing clubs to place players on the LTI and pick up a mature ager to replace? How are we going to treat that? If Carlton draft a mature age player to fill a Docherty sized hole do I get to bring him in to my team?

I thought it was only a mid season draft the AFL has agreed to, but I’m reading a bit of talk this morning about Carlton approaching Goddard to come out of retirement.

I guess we would have to treat it as any other FA and go through the waiver wire process.

This raises another point should we adopt a similar model and have the ability to place a player on an LTI? Or run something similar like the NFL where we have an Injured Reserve (IR). Where you can put a player on IR but that puts him out for the remainder of the season but frees up a list spot to bring someone else in??

I thought it was only a mid season draft the AFL has agreed to, but I’m reading a bit of talk this morning about Carlton approaching Goddard to come out of retirement.

I guess we would have to treat it as any other FA and go through the waiver wire process.

This raises another point should we adopt a similar model and have the ability to place a player on an LTI? Or run something similar like the NFL where we have an Injured Reserve (IR). Where you can put a player on IR but that puts him out for the remainder of the season but frees up a list spot to bring someone else in??
Think we are over complicating things. Early in this comp we had a Long term injury list which allowed us to place a player on it and temporarily upgrade someone off the rookie lists we had, but we since have abolished the rookie list and just made it a 44 senior list spots which should be plenty to cover a long term injury.

As for the new rookie options in the afl, if a player is added in the place of an injured player then the new player gets put on the free agents list and if you were smart enough to bide your time and sit high on the waiver list then you will have first access to them.

Think we are over complicating things. Early in this comp we had a Long term injury list which allowed us to place a player on it and temporarily upgrade someone off the rookie lists we had, but we since have abolished the rookie list and just made it a 44 senior list spots which should be plenty to cover a long term injury.

As for the new rookie options in the afl, if a player is added in the place of an injured player then the new player gets put on the free agents list and if you were smart enough to bide your time and sit high on the waiver list then you will have first access to them.

Yeah fair call, I’m happy with that

I think the new LTI free hit rule only applies for players put there before end of March or something like that. So effectively players with an early diagnosis ruling them out for the year can be replaced.

I like the idea that if Carlton does this with Docherty, then the replacement player they draft is automatically drafted into my team.

That is, we all don’t get to choose our replacement player for injured players in this scenario, we get the hand we are dealt in real life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SC team picker is up and running.

:whitecheck: Daw now DEF - but lost DPP RUC status :crossmark:
:crossmark: Hewett MID only
:whitecheck: Dunkley retains FWD status
:crossmark: Oscar Allen a DEF now WTAF...could be unexpected bonus if KD
:whitecheck: Mihochek now a FWD

Team balance out the window,

SC team picker is up and running.

:whitecheck: Daw now DEF - but lost DPP RUC status :crossmark:
:crossmark: Hewett MID only
:whitecheck: Dunkley retains FWD status
:crossmark: Oscar Allen a DEF now WTAF...could be unexpected bonus if KD
:whitecheck: Mihochek now a FWD

Team balance out the window,
Did Guthrie sneak def status or just mid?

yep i want to know if henry has gotten def or not could be a sneaky KD

Remove this Banner Ad

Back