Opinion Cricket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and if we won the toss and batted first in this test we would be winning. The pitch was ****ed by the time we came out to bat.

Stop being a bitch. rf08 would own you during the footy season, so maybe you shouldn’t comment when it starts?
Renshaw was in the team only 2 months ago,and only needs one score and he would be in the mix.
Burns and Wade are in the top scores for runs in the shield this year.
Pattinson made a ton last month, so it’s not a silly inclusion.
If it wasn’t for a recent injury to Stoinis I believe he would be the perfect M. Marsh replacement...he’s our future all rounder not Marsh. S.Marsh is still one our best batsman and he stays until Smith comes back in a few months.

Whatever - you both pretended to know about Kurtis Patterson but called him Pattinson.

Stop being a bitch. rf08 would own you during the footy season, so maybe you shouldn’t comment when it starts?
Renshaw was in the team only 2 months ago,and only needs one score and he would be in the mix.
Burns and Wade are in the top scores for runs in the shield this year.
Pattinson made a ton last month, so it’s not a silly inclusion.
If it wasn’t for a recent injury to Stoinis I believe he would be the perfect M. Marsh replacement...he’s our future all rounder not Marsh. S.Marsh is still one our best batsman and he stays until Smith comes back in a few months.
Only Pattinson I know of is James, so not sure what your talking about. Back to fortnite son.

Only Pattinson I know of is James, so not sure what your talking about. Back to fortnite son.
Lol that’s cute. A video game reference. I’m a bit old for that, but maybe you can teach me. I’d love to see how you teenagers spend your time these days :)

You're all wrong... The selectors have added Marnus Labuschagne to the squad.

And if I've spelt his name wrong, it's not because I play video games or have no idea about cricket... It's just a bl00dy hard pair of names to spell & pronounce!

You're all wrong... The selectors have added Marnus Labuschagne to the squad.

And if I've spelt his name wrong, it's not because I play video games or have no idea about cricket... It's just a bl00dy hard pair of names to spell & pronounce!

A bloke that's averaged 28 with the bat and 55+ with the ball in the Shield this year. FMD

Hope this is a joke.

Why?

Kurtis Patterson has a complete batting game and has consistently put up decent scores over the last two years. Is a patient batsman as well.

Renshaw is the future. Isn’t making runs at first class level, but i’d Be pumping games into him nonetheless. Is a natural opener and has heaps more potential than bloody Finch.

Wade’s first class record over the past 12 months speaks for itself.

What alternatives would you offer up? Or do you genuinely think the team we fielded last week was the best in the country?

Are you happy for us to keep flogging the same dead horses in Marsh x2, Finch & Khawaja who fail to fire time after time?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why?

Kurtis Patterson has a complete batting game and has consistently put up decent scores over the last two years. Is a patient batsman as well.

Renshaw is the future. Isn’t making runs at first class level, but i’d Be pumping games into him nonetheless. Is a natural opener and has heaps more potential than bloody Finch.

What alternatives would you offer up? Or do you genuinely think the team we fielded last week was the best in the country?

Are you happy for us to keep flogging the same dead horses in Marsh x2, Finch & Khawaja who fail to fire time after time?

Maxwell craps on all of them. VFL standard batsmen except Patterson who can prove himself over the next few seasons.

Aside from Maxwell, play the yoof.

I actually wonder if they wouldn't have gone back to Nic Maddinson if he had not broken his arm 3 weeks back... in the same game where he made 162 in the 1st innings. At least most of us here can like him more now that he's a bushranger!

Maxwell craps on all of them.

For that #6/part-time spinner role, I've actually been rather impressed with Ashton Turner this Shield season. He seems to be playing more patiently than he has in past seasons, and he and the WA keeper Inglis always seem to put together handy partnerships. From memory, Turner's averaging better than the Sith African so far this season. In the last match at the MCG against the Vics, he scored 80 & 63 not out to almost single-handedly save the game (Mitch Marsh scored 21 & 11 in the same game FFS). He's only 25 too, so is still a yoof in cricket terms.

I actually wonder if they wouldn't have gone back to Nic Maddinson if he had not broken his arm 3 weeks back... in the same game where he made 162 in the 1st innings. At least most of us here can like him more now that he's a bushranger!

For that #6/part-time spinner role, I've actually been rather impressed with Ashton Turner this Shield season. He seems to be playing more patiently than he has in past seasons, and he and the WA keeper Inglis always seem to put together handy partnerships. From memory, Turner's averaging better than the Sith African so far this season. In the last match at the MCG against the Vics, he scored 80 & 63 not out to almost single-handedly save the game (Mitch Marsh scored 21 & 11 in the same game FFS). He's only 25 too, so is still a yoof in cricket terms.
More than the Sith Ifricin yih se?

Why?

I’m surprised Patterson hasn’t been called up yet. Ticks a lot of boxes. Highly rated junior in his time, relatively consistent and comes from NSW.

I’d * Finch off. SMarsh holds his spot for now. Mitch needs to show something at FC level before I’d bring him back. Khawaja can open with Harris for the time being. He’s a tease, but the cupboard is pretty bare.

I’m surprised Patterson hasn’t been called up yet. Ticks a lot of boxes. Highly rated junior in his time, relatively consistent and comes from NSW.

I’d **** Finch off. SMarsh holds his spot for now. Mitch needs to show something at FC level before I’d bring him back. Khawaja can open with Harris for the time being. He’s a tease, but the cupboard is pretty bare.

It’s all a mental game with S.Marsh & Khawaja. Technically, both are really solid cricketers, but as soon as their is a hint of pressure they both go to water. Also frustrating how often they lose their wickets with stupid shots, it’s test cricket, back your timing.

He can't make runs consistently in the Shield and is flakey in ODI's. Doesn't deserve it.

I know enough cricket to know he deserves it more than Mitch Marsh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back