Western Region FL - Divy 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta agree. Maybe I was brought up in a different generation but I'm not one of those that cheer and clap when an opposition player gets taken out deliberately behind play. You seem to be big on equivalency Bill, are you happy to see this as an acceptable method for a club or only if all the clubs do it! AFL Vic have dug themselves a big hole here by bringing in a salary cap that they didn't have the will or means to police properly and now they have to try and clean up their dogs breakfast.

Bill I think I can see the point you're trying to make but you're falling into the equivalency trap that trips up most apologists and whatabout-ists. Equity does not equal equality. Yes a club that goes deliberately $1000 over the cap should be punished but not to the same extent that a club that flagrantly goes $200,000 over. This is why we have judges in the legal system rather than simple DIY look up tables. You can't use these clubs as a 'whatabout' comparison.

What do I think will happen? It's going to end up as a dogs breakfast and nobody will be happy. AFL Vic don't have the investigative clout to really find evidence. People will be disillusioned and the ammos will continue to to swell their junior ranks. Community football will slowly strangle under the weight of ruthless moneymen and the team with the best moneyman will eventually sit alone with no opponents left but with cabinets of dusty trophies

A better point system is the only way they will get an even comp. Can’t hide Redpath and Harris playing AFL.

Lol - walk out. That will show them. Maybe shake your head in digust to make sure they know they’re in the bad books.

Why not do the right thing and report them?
You quite clearly have little concept of what role sport plays . You can humour yourself with your immature lines. I’ll hazard a guess and say your background doesn’t involve much participation.

You quite clearly have little concept of what role sport plays . You can humour yourself with your immature lines. I’ll hazard a guess and say your background doesn’t involve much participation.

Nice deflection - why not expose your team if doing the right thing is so important to you???

When are they expecting an announcement?

No date has been advertised, or even an investigation has been advertised. It has been a long, difficult and traumatic process:-

the_drunk_stork_by_freezingicekirby-d5fdu66.jpg

Many reputations, responsibilities and future directions are dependent on this process. A misstep could spell a great loss. Look at boxing and the bizillion leagues/confederations/etc.

Bully, I respect your principles and I agree with most of what you say but you really need to get your head out of the sand. I along with everyone else on this forum believe Deer Park are paying over the cap, but there's been no proof and to think other clubs aren't doing the same is just ignorant. The salary cap has been in place for only 2 seasons and a few people on here are crying blue murder. Every club has the same opportunity as Deer Park to find sponsors and build a playing list for a shot at the premiership. The problem is some would rather point fingers and look at ways to bring others down rather than do the hard yards and spend their money wisely. St Albans is the perfect example. Again I'll make it known i'm not involved with Deer Park but in the past 20 years I've played over 200 Div 1 senior games including a Senior Division 1 Premiership and played for half the match payments I was receiving from my original club just so I could be involved with a club who wanted to always win Premierships instead of a club who made excuses every year. 2-3 ex League footballers doesn't guarantee you a premiership. You need a great culture, a good coach and a playing group that believe in each other. I certainly don't condone cheating of any kind but thinking a salary cap is going to even the playing field is completely absurd. Salary caps are being breached in every League in Victoria and every division. Please don't bother saying so does that make it ok and that I'm supporting cheating because I'm not. I just want people and clubs to focus on what is best for their club in working towards winning a premiership and having the opportunity to knock Deer Park of their purch. It will happen and lets hope its sooner rather than later.

Bully, I respect your principles and I agree with most of what you say but you really need to get your head out of the sand. I along with everyone else on this forum believe Deer Park are paying over the cap, but there's been no proof and to think other clubs aren't doing the same is just ignorant. The salary cap has been in place for only 2 seasons and a few people on here are crying blue murder. Every club has the same opportunity as Deer Park to find sponsors and build a playing list for a shot at the premiership. The problem is some would rather point fingers and look at ways to bring others down rather than do the hard yards and spend their money wisely. St Albans is the perfect example. Again I'll make it known i'm not involved with Deer Park but in the past 20 years I've played over 200 Div 1 senior games including a Senior Division 1 Premiership and played for half the match payments I was receiving from my original club just so I could be involved with a club who wanted to always win Premierships instead of a club who made excuses every year. 2-3 ex League footballers doesn't guarantee you a premiership. You need a great culture, a good coach and a playing group that believe in each other. I certainly don't condone cheating of any kind but thinking a salary cap is going to even the playing field is completely absurd. Salary caps are being breached in every League in Victoria and every division. Please don't bother saying so does that make it ok and that I'm supporting cheating because I'm not. I just want people and clubs to focus on what is best for their club in working towards winning a premiership and having the opportunity to knock Deer Park of their purch. It will happen and lets hope its sooner rather than later.
Bang!!!! Cracking post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not the worst post I’ve read but you mention “no proof” and tell me to get my head out of the sand !! Then talk about premierships needing a good culture , a good coach and believing in each other . Please !!! Would you think paying double what is allowed or what other clubs can afford has anything to do with winning ? You’ve used throw away lines that have no relevance in this instance.

Theres breaching a salary cap and then there is making a mockery.

I think the majority within the WRFL community appreciate the difference. The difference for Deer Park is the extreme extent they have gone to cheat, how that is unpunished or respectable in any measure is disgraceful.

But the only way to knock them off their perch is to also cheat and pay as much if not more than them in player payments. Do you not see the problem this causes for the future of local footy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But the only way to knock them off their perch is to also cheat and pay as much if not more than them in player payments. Do you not see the problem this causes for the future of local footy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're looking at this the wrong way. In 2017 Sunshine YC nearly and probably should've pulled off what most others thought impossible and without knowing what they spent I'd think they would've been under the cap.

You're looking at this the wrong way. In 2017 Sunshine YC nearly and probably should've pulled off what most others thought impossible and without knowing what they spent I'd think they would've been under the cap.
Two seperate issues here Truth . Of course they CAN be beaten . In fact it could be argued that even though they’ve actually won the 6 flags in some of those years they’ve really underachieved with the list at their disposal when you consider the $$ spent assembling that list . The real issue in my eyes isn’t the fact they win , it’s the total disregard for any of the rule changes . Unfortunately a lot of people on here a missing the big picture at play here . When you really think hard about it , is the Winning/Losing aspect of any sporting pursuit that important that to reach that result you have to cheat ? That’s my issue !!!

Two seperate issues here Truth . Of course they CAN be beaten . In fact it could be argued that even though they’ve actually won the 6 flags in some of those years they’ve really underachieved with the list at their disposal when you consider the $$ spent assembling that list . The real issue in my eyes isn’t the fact they win , it’s the total disregard for any of the rule changes . Unfortunately a lot of people on here a missing the big picture at play here . When you really think hard about it , is the Winning/Losing aspect of any sporting pursuit that important that to reach that result you have to cheat ? That’s my issue !!!

Easy FIX, if the fine or whatever the punishment Deer Park receive is unsatisfactory to the other 9 teams within the competition then they all should forfeit games against Deer Park. Make a stand !

My money in on they’re not the only team over.

Now if that is the case then what they are doing is fine. It doesn’t matter if it’s $1 over or 200k over. Cheating is cheating and if it’s happening good on Deer Park for doing it better.

Here is another question - if whatever club you followed won a flag and spent over the limit - what would you do? Report them? Quit the club? Have the premiership over turned? Not celebrate?

If i'm a cheat with no regard for the rules, the comp and my rivals i wouldn't cheat to be $1 over the cap. I'd go the whole way if i had the moula. Bizarre comment WB.

I guess if nothing is done about Deer Park then the salary cap is dead in WRFL. All clubs will cheat if they have the money. Lucky the points system can’t be cheated. As I have said before I would have a Scaling point system. 40 - 50 points from 1st to 10th.

AFL VIC lose credibility if nothing is done, impacts all local footy not just WRFL.

If found (IF) - Shannon Byrnes has the most to lose with his official role @ Melbourne FC. That is an example of what is at stake for all parties. He could be outed from any role in football as I understand.

Players are very nervous including new recruits.

Anyone else heard that Redpath was asked to sign a stat dec that what he has signed in his Deer Park contract is all he is going to receive for playing at Deer Park, and refused to sign it?

Anyone else heard that Redpath was asked to sign a stat dec that what he has signed in his Deer Park contract is all he is going to receive for playing at Deer Park, and refused to sign it?
My understanding is that Stewart signed a stat dec saying he gets $600 a game.

AFL VIC lose credibility if nothing is done, impacts all local footy not just WRFL.

If found (IF) - Shannon Byrnes has the most to lose with his official role @ Melbourne FC. That is an example of what is at stake for all parties. He could be outed from any role in football as I understand.

Players are very nervous including new recruits.

Yes you're right, this is a crossroads, a tipping point for AFL Vic and community football.

As far as the punishment for cheating goes, if found guilty, look what happened to the bombers, Thompson, Hird, etc.

Everybody involved, new recruits or not, should feel worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back