Multiplat The Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

So much to do with all of the random events popping. Control points are sick. Not sure how mundane they will get after a while but so far there is always something to do and some of the camp upgrades and projects looks like they will take a fair bit of grinding.

Grand Washington Hotel mission was fairly long and so have the side missions I have been doing. Quite a few side stories going on too. So far it’s Division 1.8 on steroids. Only concern so far is the complete map looks a bit smaller than the first game, but then again once the story was completed you never really went back to much of it. This could be smaller but with more activity.

This has probably been mentioned already but when is it released? I'm keen for an online co-op pve shooter.

15th March. Private beta is live from tonight for the next few days for pre-orders.

I have been emailed a code, probs through signing up online as I preordered through JB

How do I invite friends?

Edit: all sorted

50gb download

Last edited:
So much to do with all of the random events popping. Control points are sick. Not sure how mundane they will get after a while but so far there is always something to do and some of the camp upgrades and projects looks like they will take a fair bit of grinding.

Grand Washington Hotel mission was fairly long and so have the side missions I have been doing. Quite a few side stories going on too. So far it’s Division 1.8 on steroids. Only concern so far is the complete map looks a bit smaller than the first game, but then again once the story was completed you never really went back to much of it. This could be smaller but with more activity.

15th March. Private beta is live from tonight for the next few days for pre-orders.

I am so hard right now

I am so hard right now

Proof will be when the game launches and we get to end game. Positive so far, levelling experience has been great after a couple hours. I was dead tired last night so jumped off earlier than I wanted.

Mission structure is the same but it’s going to be the randomness of the world that will bring it to life I think. For example I was exploring and heading to a question mark on my map. On the way I found a location to scavenge for supplies which got me some electronics and materials new to Division 2. I got to the question mark which turned out to be a territory battle. I completed that and then noticed on my map that the scavenge location has now become a public execution.

These all award materials and other goodies and I still haven’t taken note of all the materials yet. It’s more than electronics, weapon parts and fabric now. They’re still in it but I’m finding things like polymers and water and I’m noticing that base and camp projects are requiring other things like steel. They don’t want just two or three either, projects are requiring 50+. Out of habit I was deconstructing my junk but it looks like some camps want it donated for upgrades or projects.

Gameplay is pretty much the same, just everything else has more depth. A few small tweaks like you have armour on top of your health now. It seems like health regens as normal but armour doesn’t. However one of the skills you can choose is a drone that helps restore armour. There are armour kits and health kits but you can’t just tap the health kit now, you need to hold it down which got me killed a few times because I’m used to being over geared from Division 1 and tapping health kit if needed lol.

played about 3 hours last night and absolutley loving it.

it is so in depth with what needs to be done. We did a heap of exploring last night picking up anything and everything we come across.

a lot of new materials / items to be collected which can be donated: Crayons, rope, tape measure were a few new ones i noticed.

love the take overs, we completed 2 of them and both times there was a mounted turret involved which made things interesting. Being able to call in help is a cool feature, and they actually help.

things we were impressed with:

Base of Operations: If you are in a team / squad and you all go into the BOO you can all still walk around and see each other
Restocks: No longer does everyone in your group have to open the restock, 1 person opens it and the others just picked it up like loot
Weapon mods: once you buy / unlock a weapon mod e.g scope, grip, magazine etc, you can use it as many times as you want on as many guns as it fits on. no need to remove it from 1 and put it on another like Division 1
Gear sets: Even the green gear you pickup can have a gear set linked to it which is cool. by the end of last night we both had 2 x 3 sets of gear which boosted our critical hit, armous plus more.
Random keys: When going underground make sure you check the boxes on the walls as they contain keys that open enemy stash boxes e.g hyena key.

Negative things we found:
-Gun shot sounds didn't always occur straight away
-Sometimes damage didnt register when shooting enemies straight away or at all (seemingly)
-we only got booted from the game once after a couple of hours, this is a known issue that Massive / Ubi are fixing already
-Graphics glitched out on 1 occasion when we were climbing a ladder

all very minor stuff really.

as i said we are loving it, so much to see and do. a lot of random activities that pop up along the way to other destinations.

PSA: Servers will be down tonight from 7:30pm till 10:30pm for maintainance. Aussies and NZ get burnt big time by the timing of this.

it is so in depth with what needs to be done. We did a heap of exploring last night picking up anything and everything we come across.

a lot of new materials / items to be collected which can be donated: Crayons, rope, tape measure were a few new ones i noticed.

love the take overs, we completed 2 of them and both times there was a mounted turret involved which made things interesting. Being able to call in help is a cool feature, and they actually help.

Base of Operations: If you are in a team / squad and you all go into the BOO you can all still walk around and see each other
Restocks: No longer does everyone in your group have to open the restock, 1 person opens it and the others just picked it up like loot
Weapon mods: once you buy / unlock a weapon mod e.g scope, grip, magazine etc, you can use it as many times as you want on as many guns as it fits on. no need to remove it from 1 and put it on another like Division 1
Gear sets: Even the green gear you pickup can have a gear set linked to it which is cool. by the end of last night we both had 2 x 3 sets of gear which boosted our critical hit, armous plus more.
Random keys: When going underground make sure you check the boxes on the walls as they contain keys that open enemy stash boxes e.g hyena key.

-Sometimes damage didnt register when shooting enemies straight away or at all (seemingly)
-we only got booted from the game once after a couple of hours, this is a known issue that Massive / Ubi are fixing already

as i said we are loving it, so much to see and do. a lot of random activities that pop up along the way to other destinations.

PSA: Servers will be down tonight from 7:30pm till 10:30pm for maintainance. Aussies and NZ get burnt big time by the timing of this.

Cheers for the write up, loving the weapon mod change. Nothing sh**s me more then moving around attachments.

How was in game voice chat? Or were you using Discord?

Cheers for the write up, loving the weapon mod change. Nothing sh**s me more then moving around attachments.

How was in game voice chat? Or were you using Discord?

yeah some very good additions to the game already!

We were in a party chat so it worked fine. all the other in game sounds (bar gun shots occasionally), talking, cut scenes etc all sounded and looked pretty good.

Big part of the game is going to be collecting SHD tech to open up perks / skills / equipment mods. but they intergrade getting SHD tech into the game well.

At one of the settlments you get tasks to complete to obtain blueprints for crafting. you also have to donate items you have found along the way, but one of the steps to complete it is finding 4 or 5 SHD tech, so it really helps guide you in the right direction to build it up.

the other thing we did was complete a manhunt bounty on a boss. I can't remember exactly what we did to unlock / activate it but we had 14 minutes to get it done. We think we must have missed something though as the loot from completing it wasn't what we thought the symbol on the map said we would be getting, was still good fun though.

Noticed huge compression on all audio and some textures took ages to pop in, usually they had to be focused on to upgrade from their lower quality or mipmap versions. Both I am confident will be addressed by launch as the beta would be an older build and built to reduce size.

A shame about the server maintenance right on our peak time tonight. If you are short on numbers over the weekend and want to add me on PS4 my thingy is nekro_turd. Turns out none of my buds have preordered. #foreveralone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was trying to ‘clear’ Downtown East before moving on to Federal Triangle but stuff just keeps happening. That’s a good thing. Decided to move on to do the main mission in Fed Triangle then will clean up but now I’ve unlocked the DZ recon mission. I haven’t even gone properly exploring yet. Definitely living up to expectations thus far.

Solo or in a party?

We keep having people booted with a delta error when in a party. Bloody frustrating
Just as a duo, only issue we had was doing the DZ beginning mission we had to restart it because we couldn't extract

How did everyone go who tried the end game mission against the Black Tusks?

We did it as a duo and it was bloody tough, but not unreasonable.

Took us a couple of attempts to complete it but it felt very rewarding at the end.

The drones they send in cause some serious damage, I need to get better at shooting them down early to avoid getting hit.

we were pinned back the entire time, so having a mix of sniper / close range players is definitely beneficial.

Had a small go at the Dark Zone, we picked a few locks and went grey rogue and got to the Den which was a bit of fun.

One thing that is annoying me is seeing people complaining about the new med kit system. It is perfect how it is (need to hold down for a few seconds to med up instead of hitting 1 button). Just get better at the game.

This change alone will make the DZ more enjoyable as players can't just spam medic during a gun fight.

looking forward to jumping back on the Open Beta

open Beta kicks off tomorrow, looking forward to having another go at it.

A video dropped today showing what is contained in the Year 1 Pass which is free.

Some very good updates set to come out with this game, the Pentagon will be epic I reckon.

Any word on if we can just update the closed beta client or will we need to download the whole thing again?

you can use the already downloaded private beta.

there was an update for it the other day, so provided you downloaded the update for it you should be right to go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back