Music What are you listening to now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Masterful buildup

Song is dedicated to the singer's mother who was paralysed for life from a brain aneurysm, and is mostly a reflection on the trying relationship he had with her due to her unwavering religious faith and his coming to terms with her passing.

Symphonic metal. From their new album to be released in Feb.

I cannot believe I missed this! A new release from one of my favourite bands. Gah!
Thanks for posting Mase. And now I’m just in time for the full album release in Feb. Booyah!

I cannot believe I missed this! A new release from one of my favourite bands. Gah!
Thanks for posting Mase. And now I’m just in time for the full album release in Feb. Booyah!

Haha I wasn’t sure if anyone would know them!! Not well known in the land of oz.

Have been a fan since mid 2000s. Loved their old more symphonic work, but they’ve continued to evolve and bring a different sound and they always seem to nail it.

There are a few other songs that have been released prior to the album.

Raise your banner
In vain
Firelight (took a few listens for me to really appreciate it)

Looking forward to the album release! :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes. Unjustly underrated in comparison to the Beatles, Stones, The Who (all of whom I love).

Being prevented from touring America for many years certainly didn't help.
I've just read up on that, did not know that fact. Thanks SBD for the info.

Don't forget the best of them all, the Beach Boys!
Brian Wilson is up there with the greats song writing wise, and the rest of the band laid down some amazing vocals but the "band" did not play the instruments on the iconic Beach Boys albums like Pet Sounds. A bunch of session musos called the wrecking crew did which included a young Glenn Campbell on guitar. Very different to the Beatles, Stones, Kinks and the Who. There's heaps of great video on YouTube about the wrecking crew, a bunch of severely under paid legends.

Brian Wilson is up there with the greats song writing wise, and the rest of the band laid down some amazing vocals but the "band" did not play the instruments on the iconic Beach Boys albums like Pet Sounds. A bunch of session musos called the wrecking crew did which included a young Glenn Campbell on guitar. Very different to the Beatles, Stones, Kinks and the Who. There's heaps of great video on YouTube about the wrecking crew, a bunch of severely under paid legends.

Yep very familiar with them, the Beach Boys are one of my favourites! I don't actually think they're the best (that title goes to ABBA IMO but save that for another day). Mike Love for example is a lousy vocalist who had this innate ability to threaten to drag each song he appeared down, and I also think they should really just be called Brian Wilson featuring the Beach Boys. But in terms of their music I think it's superior to anything else recorded in the era, regardless of who recorded it and who is credited for it.

Yep very familiar with them, the Beach Boys are one of my favourites! I don't actually think they're the best (that title goes to ABBA IMO but save that for another day). Mike Love for example is a lousy vocalist who had this innate ability to threaten to drag each song he appeared down, and I also think they should really just be called Brian Wilson featuring the Beach Boys. But in terms of their music I think it's superior to anything else recorded in the era, regardless of who recorded it and who is credited for it.
Sonically some incredible tunes by Brian. To my ears the Beatles are untouchable. If you get chance listen to tomorrow never knows, considering the year it was recorded (pre Sgt. Pepper) it was decades before its time, simply incredible

Sonically some incredible tunes by Brian. To my ears the Beatles are untouchable. If you get chance listen to tomorrow never knows, considering the year it was recorded (pre Sgt. Pepper) it was decades before its time, simply incredible

We may have to agree to disagree re the Beatles, but a truly great band nonetheless. Wish there were more like them around today!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back