Game Day Port Adelaide FC 2019 Intra-Club

Who will crush their enemies, see them driven before them and hear the lamentation of the women?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No one was anything to write home about besides Boak, SPP and Rozee. Lienert and Rocky pretty good too. It was a pretty even contribution. Rocky looked wayyyy better than last intraclub.

Jack Strange BOG.

Butters got smashed three times. Kept at it, which was good
Yeah Jonas wrecked him then pushed his head in the ground for good measure
Did the same to Pudney drove him into the turf from behind then pushed his head down into it......... hero
Dunno what he's trying to prove. That he's a tough guy? Just came across as utter bs to me anyway.

Willem Drew was very good. Started in the midfield and spent lots of time there.
A lot less hugging the boundary and just a suggestion of structure in our fwd setup won't go into details
but reason to be optimistic. There's 2 ways you could look at today
error ridden sure there were moments to put a smile on ya dial but seriously a lot of basic mistakes.
or
1st 1/4 pretty good. Younger players came into the game as it went on esp Pudney who after early nerves
(not the only one) got a heap of it.
Drew in the guts wow will have to play plenty this year :p
Patmore and later in the game Garner showing good signs.
Duursma had it on a string in the 1st. 1 or 2 clangers but :p
Todd looked good got a shoulder issue late in the 1st but played out the game. Goals marks and good decisions.
Kid could be anything, probably needs to put on some muscle in arms/chest.
Ebo up forward looked good and kicked well.
SPP at his bullocking best complete with some dumb disposals but overall a very good game.
Sammy Gray threatened to open the scoring for the black team 40m out couldn't make the distance.
Broady rusty as you'd expect but grew into the game
Didn't see a lot of Rozee and Burton altho' both did some good things
Ryder looks fit and better for a decent rest
Would like to have seen more structure and finesse but early days, a lot of nervy newbies and some stars out.
Glass 1/2 empty says 5 out of 10
Glass 1/2 full says to 8 out of 10.
Take the wheat from the chaff and there are some good players coming thru.

Good crowd

Underselling Rozee. Got a shitload of ball on the Port HQ side and in dangerous spots forward of centre.

Did the same to Pudney drove him into the turf from behind then pushed his head down into it......... hero
Dunno what he's trying to prove. That he's a tough guy? Just came across as utter bs to me anyway.

I think it's the best way to teach them how it will feel on the big stage. No way they don't get treated like the little upstarts they are.

Maybe I had Pudney and Butters mixed up thought when I checked the numbers it was Butters but that sounds like the one I saw, right in front of the bench?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some minor notes from what I saw.... In between looking after my campaigner of a 3 year old, and looking into the sun.

SPP and Rozee are race horses. SPP was best on and looks so lean whilst having that explosive element back to his game. Rozee, just wow. Everything we want him to be, he could be.

Lycett is a giant human. Going to be a very good player for us.

Ryan Burton is way taller than I though he was. Gee whiz. Very neat, very sure of everythign he does.

Can see why the club love Willem Drew. If that performance is anything to go by, he is well and truly around the mark.

Zak Butters is a tough little campaigner. He is going to be so annoying and we're going to love him.

Boak in the middle and Ebo forward might just work. Especially the Boak in the middle part. Fantastic to see him in the guts. Clean and sure with his clearance work.

Rocky looked to be moving pretty well.

Thought Pudney definitely showed something too.... Obviously runs very hard, but clearly a dude who can find the pill too.

Some nice fluffy notes here but hey, we didn't lose this evening.

There were quite a few passages of play that were looking quite tidy up until the ball got into the hands of a Magpies player and it instantly turned to s**t. Unfortunately they all look just sanfl reserves standard. Except for Sutcliffe obviously. He didn't look out of place.

They played through the corridor a lot more than last year and looked to play on quickly at all times. The midfield looked better organised and they appeared to be playing to better structures than last year. They look like they have plans for the new kick out rules but as the respective teams knew what was going on there was quite a bit of successful anticipating of those plays.

On the negative side - as already stated - skills were sloppy as

had a pretty cheap hit off the ball on an unsuspecting marshall forcing him from the field with a sore shoulder. im all for that against opposition but in a internal trial thats pretty poor

Some minor notes from what I saw.... In between looking after my campaigner of a 3 year old, and looking into the sun.

SPP and Rozee are race horses. SPP was best on and looks so lean whilst having that explosive element back to his game. Rozee, just wow. Everything we want him to be, he could be.

Lycett is a giant human. Going to be a very good player for us.

Ryan Burton is way taller than I though he was. Gee whiz. Very neat, very sure of everythign he does.

Can see why the club love Willem Drew. If that performance is anything to go by, he is well and truly around the mark.

Zak Butters is a tough little campaigner. He is going to be so annoying and we're going to love him.

Boak in the middle and Ebo forward might just work. Especially the Boak in the middle part. Fantastic to see him in the guts. Clean and sure with his clearance work.

Rocky looked to be moving pretty well.

Thought Pudney definitely showed something too.... Obviously runs very hard, but clearly a dude who can find the pill too.

Some nice fluffy notes here but hey, we didn't lose this evening.
Good summary mate.. pretty much how I saw it.

Lycett looks a beast.

Sam Gray, DBJ and Motlop had poor games I thought.

Loving the size of Tom Clurey.. looking bigger stronger

The back 6 will be strong with Lienert, Dougal, Broady and Tommy (and no Pittard)

Back