2nds Port Adelaide vs North Adelaide - Round 6 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

How did we get so lucky to find the greatest person for this job happened to be a flakey south australian ex port player, fresh out of the game with extremely little coaching experience!

This side would lose to West Coasts reserves. Going to the VFL/AFL Reserves comp won’t change these awful performances.
We have a lot of injuries on our list, so there is a majority of amateur league players out there playing SANFL footy, next year in the VFL we will be able to sign more mature players to support the younger developing players

On PHN110 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Anyone who spends their Saturday afternoon watching this deserves a ******* medal.
I was going to this game - thankfully I'm at Athelstone Oval watching my son instead. Maybe my son's team could take on this Port team......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cant help think they are making a point , lots of injuries not helping, but this cant be good for development or the kids confidence. Maybe I'm wrong and no one gives a s**t anymore , just going thru the motions of a quasi training run.

Hamish Hartlett should not be senior coach. Most of the SANFL team are just kids who would benefit from a mature voice leading them, not some young, inexperienced hipster, who is unqualified for the role.

Last edited:
Hamish Hartlett should not be senior coach. Most of the SANFL team are very young and should have a mature voice leading them, not some young hipster who is unqualified and to inexperienced for the role.
Hamish Hartlett shouldn’t be a coach period!

Why do people get so wrapped up with SANFL results? They're literally practice matches for players who aren't good enough to play for the senior team. And the more injuries the senior team has, the worse the practice match will go. Just see it as a component of training, nothing more.

Why do people get so wrapped up with SANFL results? They're literally practice matches for players who aren't good enough to play for the senior team. And the more injuries the senior team has, the worse the practice match will go. Just see it as a component of training, nothing more.
Have you seen the quality of players the AFL boys are playing with?

Sooner we leave the SANFL the better.
The top up players are amateurs at best.
Disappointing to watch, but once we are in the VFL or Reserves competition it will speed up the development of our younger AFL listed players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back