2nds Port Adelaide vs South Adelaide - Trial Match 2 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Logan Evans cramping badly and is on the bench now.

Hugh Ferrari bombs long, Scully pushed in the back and gets a free kick and he goals his 4th from 20m

Up 66 to 43 22mins into the 4th

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Szust bombs long to Pascoe he marks and goals the set shot from 45m for his 3rd.

End of 5th quarter. Looks like the end of the game.

Ports win 13 20 98 to 7 7 49.

Notes:

Was wondering mid-way through the game if Scully would make an impact, but then he kicks 4 haha. He's so big that he gets infringed a fair bit by the oppo.
Noticed Charleson had some mid minutes, not sure why Narkle and Sinn don't get any though.
Narkle was performing well on the flank in the 2nd quarter, Cockatoo-Collins later in the game.
Georgiades looked like he was doing the Todd Marshall role up the ground and also got a goal himself, took a big grab on the 50m arc as well, was more involved, looks to be moving better than last week, not sure if the heat the week before had an impact, was much colder and windy today.
Anastasopoulos' impact was probably down compared to last week.
McKenzie I thought struggled to judge the flight of the ball multiple times due to the heavy wind in the first half.
Pascoe in the 5th quarter kicking 3 goals is a good sign for our forward depth. Didn't ruck at all though like last week.
Sweet I reckon he was down on last weeks effort, Visentini rucked a bit in the 4th quarter, Brazel (192cm) in the 5th.
Szust has been playing further away from goal this pre-season, looks like he's been on the wing, still doing a good job.
Walsh took a big grab. Kyle Marshall still looks really raw.
Noticed Lorenz more than last week, saved a goal on the line.
Logan Evans at half back I reckon will be a regular in the team this season.
Didn't see Cooper or Harry Williams at all despite being listed to play.

Overall after a poor 1st quarter, we did pretty well for the other 4 quarters, and the SANFL listed players in the 5th quarter were surprisingly good and didn't get belted like in the 2nd half last week vs North.

Also I know there was a strong wind, but we gotta fix our goal kicking, we got away with a comfortable win today, similar to the West Coast game where we could have won by a lot more if we didn't waste a lot of chances. It may come back to bite us in the future against better sides.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back