2nds Port Adelaide vs South Adelaide - Round 6 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

So what I'm reading is as soon as we took Lycett off and replaced him with Hayes in the ruck we started winning? If any of the decision makers at the club were remotely competent we might actually do something with that information.
Commentators named Brooksby as their 3rd best on ground, presumably based off his first three quarters. He didn"t give a yelp after Hayes put his knee through his ribs at the second centre bounce of the last quarter

So what I'm reading is as soon as we took Lycett off and replaced him with Hayes in the ruck we started winning? If any of the decision makers at the club were remotely competent we might actually do something with that information.

He was sat in a forward pocket for three quarters so must have been absolutely frothing to actually ruck.

His first bounce he jumped so high I think he saw Neil Armstrong's footprints on the moon.

Second one huge leap and hurt Brooksby with a knee in the ribs.

Commentators named Brooksby as their 3rd best on ground, presumably based off his first three quarters. He didn"t give a yelp after Hayes put his knee through his ribs at the second centre bounce of the last quarter

He had "a millyun" hit outs according to them. 23 actually, with Man Friday having 6 - Viz had 19, Lycett 17 and Hayes 8 in one quarter.

Good win. Bloody good win.

Could have gone either way so good to see a want to win.

Interesting game changes when Hayes rucks.

Coincidence?....Surely?.

Really like Jackson hitting midfield contests in the move like JHF which is nice.

Sinn will be right. Next year is his long way from fit.

This was the first sanfl game in years I came away from feeling good about the game.

Last quarter saved it but what a quarter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To Ken all this will say is that Lycett spent 3 quarters inspiring Hayes - and we could use that sort of inspiration at AFL level!!

Who would you guys that have seen a lot of him, say Jackson reminds you of?
Maybe a bit of Josh Fracou, in his ability to use his long arms extract the ball and then burst away from the pack. Also a bit ungainly with his kicking. Doesn't run like him though. Francou had a bit of a prancing pony gait

Yea they are starting to look better balanced & resemble a team, really hope it continues this way it's better for eveyone's development.
Helps having 2 KPPs out injured. Put Dixon and Georgiades in yesterday and suddenly Lord and Teakle back in the SANFL are blowing out that balance.

Who would you guys that have seen a lot of him, say Jackson reminds you of?
Can't think of a comparison. He's a bit unique. Needs some size and to be better by footy but there's a lot there to like. Not sure where he breaks into the AFL side though. If his running numbers are at the level the coaches require, he should get a shot at some stage though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back