2nds Glenelg vs Port Adelaide - Round 1 @ Glenelg

Remove this Banner Ad

Sat behind the maggies coaching box
Hartlett did very little coaching, players were talking to either Lobbe or Hudson (is that the other line coach Ben Hudson?) on the headpiece when they went off and very rarely Hartlett. Westhoff (who hasn't aged a day and looked fit enough to be given a guernsey) was also getting lots of direction as runner from the head piece and not much from Hartlett

You talking about Daniel Merrett? Current AFLW assistant?

Hartlett did very little coaching, players were talking to either Lobbe or Hudson (is that the other line coach Ben Hudson?) on the headpiece when they went off and very rarely Hartlett. Westhoff (who hasn't aged a day and looked fit enough to be given a guernsey) was also getting lots of direction as runner from the head piece and not much from Hartlett

Daniel Merrett?

Didn't watch the game at all but did Sinn play/do anything? Apparently we were keen on him last off season

Just a bunch of nothing kicks at half back up the ground. The club refuses to play him in the middle even with 3 SANFL listed players in there.

Hamish Hartlett isn’t the coach he’s just a puppet for the AFL coaches

Sweet was uninspiring
His actualt ruck work and his tendancy to not jump into the contest and rather try and wrestle everytime was frusturating to watch against an oppenent who is smaller and wanting that outcome. Not hard to tell he is coached by Matty Lobbe
Sweet is less talented than either of the two young rucks in Ladhams and Hayes that we got rid of to make room for him. Just pray Visentini comes good.

Glenelg absolutely manhandled us throughout most of that contest. I lost count on the amount of times they were able to easily slip through the tackle, & break away from the contest in numbers.

We looked completely underdone, undersized & undermanned.

Not sure how Narkle got a contract before Bonner, the guy is a dead set vanilla bean.

Glenelg absolutely manhandled us throughout most of that contest. I lost count on the amount of times they were able to easily slip through the tackle, & break away from the contest in numbers.

We looked completely underdone, undersized & undermanned.

Not sure how Narkle got a contract before Bonner, the guy is a dead set vanilla bean.
We are completely undersized and undermanned, Riley Bonner walks in to another AFL side yet some of the bang average mid season drafted players we have picked up it’s very hard to make sense of.

Sweet is less talented than either of the two young rucks in Ladhams and Hayes that we got rid of to mak Visentini comes go
Hayes was even slower than Sweet and ladhams doesn't have it between the ears
You talking about Daniel Merrett? Current AFLW assistant?
Ah that's it!

I knew I knew that face but couldn't place it
Seemed to be essentially the forwards line coach in the breaks and then go up to the box rather than the boundary for the game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a bunch of nothing kicks at half back up the ground. The club refuses to play him in the middle even with 3 SANFL listed players in there.
Cause it's a development team
What's the point of playing a guy in the midfield when he is competing at afl level in another spot?

I don't get why people don't get that.
Same with Narkle

What's the point of playing a guy in the midfield when he is competing at afl level in another spot?

Same with Narkle
Narkle isn't developing though. He is a gap filler. Same with Clurey

I’m really glad we searched far and wide and found Hamish Hartlett who was no doubt the best available for the job.

Stopped being about winning a while ago.

Shits me to tears as learning to win as part of a team is imo great for the confidence and promotes a good attitude.

Also hard to judge an eighteen/20 year old when he is playing against a 25 year old with probably three to five years in a consistent system and eight to ten kilos of muscle.

Add to that a s**t game plan that creates contests that you don't have the strength for and fast breaks to defend against that you don't have the fitness base for.

Saw a little bit from a couple of the young fellows. Anasta looked quick.

Surprisingly thought there was effort for most of the day too - just not good enough individually and as a team for a lot of reasons.

I’m really glad we searched far and wide and found Hamish Hartlett who was no doubt the best available for the job.

Remember what happened to Chad Cornes when he coached us to a grand final.

Stopped being about winning a while ago.

Shits me to tears as learning to win as part of a team is imo great for the confidence and promotes a good attitude.

Also hard to judge an eighteen/20 year old when he is playing against a 25 year old with probably three to five years in a consistent system and eight to ten kilos of muscle.

Add to that a s**t game plan that creates contests that you don't have the strength for and fast breaks to defend against that you don't have the fitness base for.

Saw a little bit from a couple of the young fellows. Anasta looked quick.

Surprisingly thought there was effort for most of the day too - just not good enough individually and as a team for a lot of reasons.

it’s interesting. i always thought having our own proper seconds team would be infinitely more beneficial for things like development, cohesion, tactical and system learning, and culture.

but given the diabolical state of the Magpies and Will Schofield’s recent article pointing to the standalone West Coast WAFL team as a contributor to their demise (‘I played with and against men for a WAFL team whose primary goal was to win’, etc), now I’m not so sure.

Same with Narkle
What?
They can’t play in the midfield?
1They will get more of the ball
2 Find some form
3 Lead by example
4 Learn to play another position
5 They are fitter than amateur league players
etc etc

it’s interesting. i always thought having our own proper seconds team would be infinitely more beneficial for things like development, cohesion, tactical and system learning, and culture.

but given the diabolical state of the Magpies and Will Schofield’s recent article pointing to the standalone West Coast WAFL team as a contributor to their demise (‘I played with and against men for a WAFL team whose primary goal was to win’, etc), now I’m not so sure.
First time Will Schofield made complete sense reading that article.

Narkle isn't developing though. He is a gap filler. Same with Clurey
He's in the 25-30 in the squad playing the role he would play in the afl game

Cluzza who has a whole 4 quarters in a new position isn't developing? Righto
(Not to mention the argument that Clurey is only there to allow the development of Marshall and Walsh,)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back