2nds Glenelg vs Port Adelaide - Round 2 @ Glenelg

Remove this Banner Ad

Hosie 6 goals. Wow!

Smashed Pasini when the game was up for grabs.

Very few ball winners. Jackson did ok after HT. Sinn only ended up with 14 touches. Georgiades did a bit but to be honest Glenelg had the much better forwards who were probably the difference.

Hayes plays like he doesn't want to be there, but still wins the ruck at least so I'd still prefer him in the side over Lycett.

I know he's coming back from injury and not much football... but Sinn ain't showing much. Doesn't get near the ball. If he's meant to be an elite talent, you'd think he'd be able to look better than some SANFL players in at least some areas.

Jackson the only one with any midfield nous, sharked some taps, had some neat kicks and throws himself into packs. Still very slight however and not all his decisions were perfect. A bit to work with though.

Dreadful. So frustrating to watch, everyone so fumbly, hardly a clean possession in that last quarter. Georgiades kicked 3 goals but I don't think he played well. He constantly ran under the football and was weak in his defensive efforts. Pasini had a couple of good moments. Sinn was completely invisible, Lord and Visentini also. Hayes had a couple of nice hitouts but is just terrible outside of ruck contests. Bonner looked like a solid Sanfl player, nothing more.
From what I saw, Dumont and Jackson were our best.

Lord just doesn't have it. Delist
Pasini still rusty and well beaten. Bit better in the second half but you are not going to get selected for AFL if you have 5 goals scored on you in 40 minutes.
Burgoyne still too sloppy.
Georgiades was a bit better but still dropping easier marks, running under the ball and making poor decisions.
McCallum does some really good stuff and some horrible stuff

Best were probably Bonner, Jackson, Visentini and McCallum for mine.

If Hagan was on the AFL list realistically he would probably play in the first 22. He is a good little players, although needs to work on his goalkicking!

Hayes plays like he doesn't want to be there, but still wins the ruck at least so I'd still prefer him in the side over Lycett.

I know he's coming back from injury and not much football... but Sinn ain't showing much. Doesn't get near the ball. If he's meant to be an elite talent, you'd think he'd be able to look better than some SANFL players in at least some areas.

Jackson the only one with any midfield nous, sharked some taps, had some neat kicks and throws himself into packs. Still very slight however and not all his decisions were perfect. A bit to work with though.
Sinn looked fantastic last week and then the geniuses in the coaches box decided to play him in defence. And today he looked meh.

The thing we can say about Sinn so far is that his much vaunted kicking looks pretty unremarkable. I wouldn’t even call him a neat or penetrating kick. Maybe it’s all about his groin issues but we won’t retain a lot of footy from his kicks.

The thing we can say about Sinn so far is that his much vaunted kicking looks pretty unremarkable. I wouldn’t even call him a neat or penetrating kick. Maybe it’s all about his groin issues but we won’t retain a lot of footy from his kicks.
Strangely from the highlight package I watched before he was drafted (2min real) his kicking was shyt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The leaders in this team are horrible

To have dumont still on the list with the skipper whilst Mayes and Young are at North is a laugh. They just loat all momentum way too quickly

He has done very well on McBean who is one of the best forwards in the sanfl
What more did you want
McBean kicked 3.2 Teakle had 4 kicks, last week he had 5 kicks, can do a lot more

If Sinn is being played in the middle it probably means that wing or half back is his best position.

Sinn looked fantastic last week and then the geniuses in the coaches box decided to play him in defence. And today he looked meh.
Maybe resting his groin?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back