2nds Port Adelaide vs South Adelaide - Round 6 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Sunday May 14th 2:10pm at Alberton Oval. Streaming on the AFL website/app.

Pending the injury list: Scott Lycett was a late out due to his back problem, he should be assessed. Farrell may be a sneaky chance to play as well at some level.

Kyle Marshall's 2 game ban is up and he'll return to the side as well. Dumont was a held back emergency last week, so he should be in here too.

Note: This game is the day after the AFL game so the sub (EG: Mead) can play.

After 2 wins in a row, we sit a game and percentage out of the top 5, in 6th spot.
1683406224692.png

League Stats Leaders for Port:
Hugh Jackson ranked 1st for Forward 50 Entries.
Nick Moore ranked 4th for Tackles.
Nick Moore ranked =5th for Free Kicks For.
Dante Visentini ranked =5th for Hitouts.
Nick Moore ranked =8th for Clearances.
Sam Hayes ranked 9th for Hitouts.

Maggies Changes:
IN: Dumont, Lycett, K.Marshall
OUT: Lord, Mead (AFL), Cheesman

Maggies Side:
F: Hayes - Scully - Szust
HF: Barkla - Visentini - Hagan
C: Sinn - Moore - Dumont
HB: Jones - K.Marshall - Burgoyne
B: Pasini - Clurey - McCallum
R: Lycett - Short - Jackson
INT: Turner - Weidemann - Kirk - Montgomery
EMERG: Mead

Last edited:
Predicted Maggies Side:
F: Hayes - Scully - Visentini
HF: Barkla - Lord - Evans
C: Sinn - Moore - Mead
HB: Jones - K.Marshall - Burgoyne
R: Lycett - Dumont - Jackson
INT: Short - Turner - Hagan - Szust

That team is looking much stronger - obviously pending the AFL selection.

playing 3 rucks, plus Lord is still a problem though. Sinn is becoming more settled also helps the team as well.

Hayes to the bench Hagan forward and Jones on the half forward line.

Only 2 years of sanfl to go with a little luck.

Maggies Changes:
IN: Dumont, Lycett, K.Marshall
OUT: Lord (AFL), Jones, Mead (AFL Emergencies), Cheesman

Maggies Side: (2 to drop in, 1 to drop out)
F: Hayes - Scully - Szust
HF: Barkla - Visentini - Hagan
C: Sinn - Moore - Dumont
HB: Montgomery - K.Marshall - Burgoyne
R: Lycett - Short - Jackson
INT: Turner - Weidemann - Kirk - ?
EMERG: Jones - Mead

The problem is I look at these Port Magpies sides and think they are rich in talent but short on experience where it counts. As an example in that defence only Tom Clurey has any real experience in senior footy. Provided they are not called up we will need to work Lachie Jones and or Jackson Mead into the defensive mix.

Nice day so I'll pop along. Lady Watchalot will remain in the manor, milking Mother's Day for all it's worth.
Mostly keen to see Lycett, Johnson, Pasini, Velotti.

Rotate Hayes and Lycett off the bench if we are bringing Lycett back. Give Lycett most of the ruck time out there.

Forward line still want Scully having as much of the inside 50 to himself as he can get. Maybe Dante a little up the ground and he can go back into the Ruck next week.

Hi All, does anyone know how you buy online ticket for todays game? I'm not a member, just moved to Adel a few weeks ago. Buggered if I can find any info / links on Port or SANFL website. I know you can pay at gate but aren't you supposed to be able to buy online at slight discount?

It will be interesting to see if they rest/regulate minutes of a tall to cover Marshall.

For the record, it’s a little disappointing to see what the SANFL has become. It use to be the second best league behind the AFL. How the mighty have fallen.

I wonder why player numbers aren't assigned to the SANFL-listed players. Always 00 on the run sheet. Makes it pointlessly difficult following aspects of the game when watching it.

With the weekends results, we're suddenly in an 8th vs 9th battle here. Really the type of game we need to win. Not sure how we will go, and whether our emergency Jones can get home in time for the game, but really hopeful we're again very competitive and can pinch the win.

It will be interesting to see if they rest/regulate minutes of a tall to cover Marshall.

For the record, it’s a little disappointing to see what the SANFL has become. It use to be the second best league behind the AFL. How the mighty have fallen.

Not our problem.

Apparently part of the reconfigurion of the AFL with Tasmania coming in is a reduced list size cutting numbers by 5 but a reserves comp that includes Port/Crows/Suns etc and saying goodbye to the sanfl.

With our tall stocks low, Hayes needs to be played in the ruck/forward. I bloody hope that’s how we structure. Teakle needs support and it can’t be at the expense of Dixon. We are only 8 rounds in and he’s looking banged up already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not our problem.

Apparently part of the reconfigurion of the AFL with Tasmania coming in is a reduced list size cutting numbers by 5 but a reserves comp that includes Port/Crows/Suns etc and saying goodbye to the sanfl.
Bloody hell that would be amazing. If the SANFL weren’t campaigners you’d extend the comp out to a Barossa, Hills, Eyre, Mt Gambier and Yorke Peninsula teams instead of the pseudo Adelaide comp.

With our tall stocks low, Hayes needs to be played in the ruck/forward. I bloody hope that’s how we structure. Teakle needs support and it can’t be at the expense of Dixon. We are only 8 rounds in and he’s looking banged up already.

The humane thing to do with Hayes is to give him to a VFL club to run with for the rest of the year and boost his chances of a run elsewhere.

Not our problem.

Port missed a trick by not joining the “new” VFL (which is the AFL minus WA and SA) a few years ago.

can’t see lists reducing though. Look at West Coast…. They would be screwed.

Not our problem.

I'm beginning to wonder if the bun fight about the proposed new stadium in Hobart could slow down that state's entry into the AFL.

I don't watch the SBS news much if at all, but last night the female senator (the one who can sometimes look like she has been sleeping under a bridge for a month) was drumming up plenty of fervour amongst the nay sayers with her eloquent use of the English language, eg when she was screaming out `they can stick it up their :straining:!'

Port supporters bringing their mums to the game.

Kyle Marshall is very tall up close.

Lycett moving freely, gettin involved

Remove this Banner Ad

Back