2nds Port Adelaide vs South Adelaide - Round 6 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

7ea53620576f3fc04e5936cbeba9cda3.jpg

Up to 6th now, even if the SANFL app did call the game a draw

Great to see Kyle Marshall look like he belonged out there, for a string bean CHB still needing another year or two in the gym he's so very important for our future structure to have players like him in our squad.
The talls in Visintini, Marshall, Scully and MacCallum are all showing signs here and there. A long way to go but they seem to be improving game by game.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what I'm reading is as soon as we took Lycett off and replaced him with Hayes in the ruck we started winning? If any of the decision makers at the club were remotely competent we might actually do something with that information.

Game honestly seemed to lift when Hayes went into ruck
Flipping heck! I cycled down for the 1st half*, specifically to see what we did in ruck. And I don't even recall Hayes rucking, at least for centre bounces.

* left then as I didn't want to be cycling along Tapleys Hill Rd with a combination of twilight/glare from the setting sun.

Again. Coincidence?
Must be. Reports are he can't run out half a quarter. No way he could be having an influence in the last quarter

Goldsack must have taken away his half pack of Winfields and said you can have them back if you have a good last quarter.

Great to see Kyle Marshall look like he belonged out there, for a string bean CHB still needing another year or two in the gym he's so very important for our future structure to have players like him in our squad.
Ah hah.
You fixed it 😀
Thought you were confusing Kyle Jackson with Hugh Marshall

If Jackson can get rid of the shanks he does by foot a bunch, then he could become something really decent. He has this ability to stay in the contest and control the ball in tight contested situations, then to use his long arms and wiry frame to get hands in, or apply pressure a bit like Drew. He probably just needs that bit more of a tank and cleaner disposal and he'll be pushing for AFL selection.

Burgoyne not as prolific as he has been, but easily his best performance of the year. Great to see him snap out of his funk.

Hagan was really good up forward, I liked him. Szust got the rewards and was great, but really loved how hard and tough as well as how clean Hagan was. Definitely something there for an 18 y.o.

MacCallum has some good athletic attributes, but he's far more of a project than I expected originally.

Jones and Sinn didn't necessarily do much wrong, but they just aren't doing enough if they want to be pushing for higher honours. I mean Sinns ball use and his moments in the action were classy but there wasn't many of them.

Thought Pasini was quite poor with some costly mistakes, Clurey totally dominant back there though. Marshall had a nice game too.

Scully just seems too tired when he gets to contests sometimes. It seems to diminish his chances of winning them, but he's often in the right spots. Again 1.2 but should've been at least 2 goals, probably more, with a few blown opportunities. Kid has potential, I hope he is working his butt off to get his tank to the AFL standard. Can't wait to see him after next preseason.

Hayes started the whole last quarter burst, had an ok game up until then anyway. No surprise his run in the ruck coincided with us dominating the last qtr. Shame he's ruled out because he really is the best ruck option out of Vis, Teakle and himself. Visentini does some nice things and has a bright future, still not involved enough though to really say 'pick me' though.

Lycett will play AFL next week.

We're lucky we have Moore as a fill in player cause he's really becoming a jet at this level.

Sitting 3-3 after playing the bottom 3 and the top 3, it's a pretty reasonable result given how inexperienced and young this group is. Actually a silly chance of finals, but we're going to have to be fully fit, to get there.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back