Opinion The Port Adelaide CouldaBeens

Remove this Banner Ad

Adam Heuskes' wiki "player most likely to sexually assault a woman in the off-season" lol fukc that guy.

The lack of scrutiny on the Brisbane Lions’ part in the second incident that was highlighted on Four Corners (and prompted him to retire) is absolutely wild.

If that happened today there’d be mass sackings, resignations and criminal investigations left and right.

Today, Clarko’s on a last strike for swearing at someone ffs.

I remember seeing Heuskes at the races, drunk as f with Big Brother winner Ben (married Jade Robran) after his AFL days were over and probably playing with North Adelaide. It was a good day, I picked the winner in 7 out of 8 races.

Yeah, I remember being more annoyed by Andrew Embley carrying on and stepping over him afterwards — I can’t remember if Stenglein copped a week or not with the prevailing attitude being that Eckermann lacked awareness if anything.

The uproar today would be absolutely next level — there’s a still shot of Eckermann on the spinal board afterwards (available if you search his surname on AFL Photos), and he looks like he’s dead.

It was *ing outrageous, Stenglein just picked him off and somehow the narrative became , ooh Eckermann lacked awareness.

One. Game.

Interestingly, this incident happened only a few months after Pickett got hit with 6 games for his bump on Begley.

We get screwed both ways.

55ADD04C-6A1D-48C8-9474-BE7F6A39AA3B.jpeg

Pickett got 2 weeks a little later in the year for his shirtfront on Simon Wiggins who had the ball, and played on.

And of course, later that same year, Barry Hall would get off a striking charge to play in the Grand Final after successfully arguing his punch to Goose Maguire’s guts that was 80 metres off the ball was “in play”.

2005, man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back