Review Port Adelaide vs Fremantle - Trial Match 2 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Friday 1st of March. On Kayo 7:15pm SA time. Gates open 6.30pm. Game starts 7:30pm. At Alberton Oval.

1708695601613.png

Will likely be a much reduced side.

Pending the injury list: Todd Marshall (Foot) and Drew (Shoulder) could be in line to play.

Changes:
IN: T.Marshall, Drew
OUT: Powell-Pepper (Suspended), Charleson (Ankle), Visentini (Concussion), Finlayson, Georgiades, McKenzie, Sinn, Scully, Anastasopoulos, Lorenz, Walsh + SANFL listed players Brazel, Chamberlain, Baldwin, Turner, Short, Stevens, Byrne, Launer, W.Ferrari, Carter, Cockatoo-Collins, H.Ferrari, Szust, Roberts

Team:
F: Lord - Dixon - Rioli
HF: Byrne-Jones - T.Marshall - Horne-Francis
C: Jones - Wines - J.Burgoyne
HB: Burton - Aliir - Bergman
B: Zerk-Thatcher - Ratugolea - Houston
R: Soldo - Butters - Rozee (C)
INT: Boak - D.Williams - Drew - Sweet - Mead - F.Evans - McEntee - Farrell
EMERG: Finlayson - Georgiades - Clurey - McKenzie

Last edited:
Think we can put a line though SPP. He's getting a couple of weeks. That's Mitch's chance to get back in.

Dante has to be in front of Sweet?

Really want Scully in front of Lord on form but you have to take Lord on trust that he goes up a level when it matters.

Ollie and Dixon still don't make my best side.

Think we can put a line though SPP. He's getting a couple of weeks.
Do suspensions count towards trial games? I recall Dangerfield getting to play one before the season started.

Suspensions definitely do not count in pre-season, they are served in the home-and-away season, so he can play. It's why Pickett was playing for Melbourne in their match sim.

It's more a question of if you want to play SPP given he will likely miss the first 3-4 weeks of the season. To some extent, I would argue you want to simulate how you will look in round 1, which is going to be without him.

Probably play with 26 anyway so maybe with the few extras you play him anyway.

Friday 1st of March. On Kayo 7:15pm SA time. Game starts 7:30pm. At Alberton Oval.

View attachment 1912005

Will likely be a much reduced side. Possibly 23-26.

Pending the injury list: Todd Marshall (Foot) and Drew (Shoulder) could be in line to play.

Predicted Changes:
OUT: Georgiades, McKenzie, Sinn, Mead, Charleson (ankle), F.Evans, Visentini, Scully, Anastasopoulos, Lorenz, Walsh + SANFL listed players Brazel, Chamberlain, Baldwin, Turner, Short, Stevens, Byrne, Launer, W.Ferrari, Carter, Cockatoo-Collins, H.Ferrari, Szust, Roberts

Predicted Team:
F: Finlayson - Dixon - Rioli
HF: Powell-Pepper - T.Marshall - Horne-Francis
INT: Boak - Williams - Byrne-Jones - Drew - Farrell - McEntee - Sweet - Lord
EMERG: Mead - McKenzie - Sinn
Prefer the scull over dixon

Hope Marshall is back and we trial the forward line without Dixon. Maybe DBJ too.

Need to create space inside 50m to capitalise on some of the clean ball Butters/Rozee/JHF are generating.

If SPP gets the

s**t brayshaw retired we need to make some noise hanmer and gets 4 plus i wouldn't be playing SPP

Give someone else an opportunity to get some minutes in his role

Hope Marshall is back and we trial the forward line without Dixon. Maybe DBJ too.

Need to create space inside 50m to capitalise on some of the clean ball Butters/Rozee/JHF are generating.

According to Pop Cornes, we don’t play to space. Ball to ground, lock it in blah blah…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo looked ok against West Coast. This is a going to pretty good indication of where we are at.

On the upside West Coast are not good when it matters the week after.

Freo looked ok against West Coast. This is a going to pretty good indication of where we are at.

On the upside West Coast are not good when it matters the week after.
I see Freo as a team that looks good in patches but as the season goes on they really drop off.
West Coast will be shyt again this year, going to take a bit of time.

This is a ticketed game, right? But free for members.

Edit: checked the AFL website- yes free for kids and members.

AFL Community Series Matches will take on the following format:
  • Four quarters of 20 mins plus time on (as per AFL Premiership Season)
  • Squad of 30 players, eight interchange and four Emergencies. Minimum of four players on the Interchange Bench during the match at any time.
  • No interchange Cap.
  • Full panel of umpires appointed by the AFL.
All matches will be broadcast live on Fox Footy and KAYO and fully ticketed for fans to attend.

Friday 1st of March. On Kayo 7:15pm SA time. Game starts 7:30pm. At Alberton Oval.

View attachment 1912005

Will likely be a much reduced side. Possibly 23-26.

Predicted Changes:
OUT: Georgiades, McKenzie, Sinn, Mead, Charleson (ankle), F.Evans, Visentini, Scully, Anastasopoulos, Lorenz, Walsh + SANFL listed players Brazel, Chamberlain, Baldwin, Turner, Short, Stevens, Byrne, Launer, W.Ferrari, Carter, Cockatoo-Collins, H.Ferrari, Szust, Roberts

Predicted Team:
F: Finlayson - Dixon - Rioli
HF: Powell-Pepper - T.Marshall - Horne-Francis
INT: Boak - Williams - Byrne-Jones - Drew - Farrell - McEntee - Sweet - Lord
EMERG: Mead - McKenzie - Sinn
georgiades will play mate

This is a ticketed game, right? But free for members.

Edit: checked the AFL website- yes free for kids and members.

AFL Community Series Matches will take on the following format:
  • Four quarters of 20 mins plus time on (as per AFL Premiership Season)
  • Squad of 30 players, eight interchange and four Emergencies. Minimum of four players on the Interchange Bench during the match at any time.
  • No interchange Cap.
  • Full panel of umpires appointed by the AFL.
All matches will be broadcast live on Fox Footy and KAYO and fully ticketed for fans to attend.
Ok?
Club sent me an email advising me to click on the Ticketmaster link to get tix.
Go onto that site and it has a link for members, with concession tickets (which my son gets) at $15 each.
Nothing about members getting in free.
Is the club scamming members for more money?

Ok?
Club sent me an email advising me to click on the Ticketmaster link to get tix.
Go onto that site and it has a link for members, with concession tickets (which my son gets) at $15 each.
Nothing about members getting in free.
Is the club scamming members for more money?
I'm a season ticket holder and my ticket for Friday is listed on the membership section under “my ticket” but is not yet accessible.

Patience young grasshopper. I suspect all will be revealed this week and not everything is a Port conspiracy.

These games are AFL sanctioned and organised.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back