Review PAFC 2024 Internal Trial @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

PORT ADELAIDE will host its annual Internal Trial on Friday 16 February at Alberton Oval, officially kicking off at 5.30pm.

d01_InternalTrial-Announcement_ArticleHeader.jpg

"Entry is free with no ticket required. Grandstand seating is available and will run on a first come, first served basis. Bringing in chairs is also permitted. Please note entry is subject to venue capacity.

There will be a kick and catch at the conclusion of the match, so tell the kids to bring their footys!

For those that can't make it, a live stream will be available via portadelaidefc.com.au and our official club app. Live stream details will be communicated soon.

The Precinct at Alberton will be open before, during and after the match. A table on the deck is being sold as a package, with one main meal required to be ordered to secure the booking. Bookings are available now and are expected to be snapped up quickly.

The Port Store has also extended its hours, allowing supporters to get their hands on the latest merch. They'll be open from 9am-8pm.

The players will be giving out footys and high 5s post-game however won't be available for a signing session."

2024 Internal Trial
Friday 16 February
Alberton Oval
First bounce: 5.30pm
Gates open: 4.30pm

Teams:
BLACK:
F: Georgiades - Dixon - Rioli
HF: Powell-Pepper - Marshall - F.Evans
C: McEntee - Wines - Boak
HB: Sinn - Walsh - Byrne-Jones
B: Williams - Clurey - J.Burgoyne
R: Soldo - Horne-Francis - Rozee
INT: L.Evans - Launer - Roberts - Chamberlain - Byrne

WHITE:
F: Visentini - Scully - Charleson
HF: Narkle - Lord - Anastasopoulos
C: Jones - Mead - Lorenz
HB: Bergman - Zerk-Thatcher - Farrell
B: Burton - Ratugolea - Houston
R: Sweet - Drew - Butters
INT: Cockatoo-Collins - Stevens - H.Ferrari - Turner - Szust - Cheesman - Baldwin

OUT: Aliir, Finlayson, McKenzie, McCallum, Jackson, and Kyle Marshall.

Last edited:
Black looks to me like that's their current best team for round 1.

A few interesting things.

Somdo over Sweet as 1st ruck

Finlayson as 2nd ruck.

Jones on a wing

Wines over JHF in the guts.

Lord over the recovering Georgie in the forward line.

Williams over Burton in the back pocket.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Black looks to me like that's their current best team for round 1.

A few interesting things.

Somdo over Sweet as 1st ruck

Finlayson as 2nd ruck.

Jones on a wing

Wines over JHF in the guts.

Lord over the recovering Georgie in the forward line.

Williams over Burton in the back pocket.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Just to be clear, it's not the team sheet. It's my predicted sides.

They won’t, but would love to see them split the one and reserved up;

FF: Lord - Dixon - Rioli
FB: Clurey - McKenzie - Houston

HF: Powell-Pepper - T.Marshall - Horne-Francis
HB: Farrell - Aliir - McCallum

C: J.Burgoyne - Drew - Jones
C: Bergman - Wines - Jackson

HB: Sinn - K.Marshall - N.Moore (C)
HF: Evans - Walsh - McIntee

FB: Zerk-Thatcher - Ratugolea - Williams
FF: Visentini - Scully - Anastasopoulos

R: Sweet - Butters - Rozee (C)
R: Soldo - Mead - Narkle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking forward to as always the first trial , it’s something at least , usually a bit disappointing the game but at least we get to see the newbies in action . You’d hope players like Mead, Lord and Burgoyne would put their hand up they want to get in the best 22 , Visentini ( got sneaky high hopes for him ) Clurey , Byrne Jones , Burton , McEntee , Wines , should have all read the tea leaves that they need to be at their very best or they’ll be in the two’s .
you’d expect , Sweet, Soldo, Ratogalea and Zerk Thatcher would be keen to make an impression so it should have a bit of pace in it .
Anyway definitely som that I’m lokking forward to

I don't know why they won't combine the internal trial with the Family Day any more. I went yesterday to do the tour, walked to the back of the 200m long queue about 6pm and was told they were closing the tour because they didn't have enough time to do any more. One person, they couldn't tack me on the end. Anyway I went home because there was nothing else there to interest me.

As I walked out I hear one guy on crutches lamenting he missed the tour because he was in the wrong queue and by the time he realised he was too late as well.

I don't know why they won't combine the internal trial with the Family Day any more. I went yesterday to do the tour, walked to the back of the 200m long queue about 6pm and was told they were closing the tour because they didn't have enough time to do any more. One person, they couldn't tack me on the end. Anyway I went home because there was nothing else there to interest me.

As I walked out I hear one guy on crutches lamenting he missed the tour because he was in the wrong queue and by the time he realised he was too late as well.
Lol, we need a board member skilled in events planning

Remove this Banner Ad

Back