Review Port Adelaide vs Crows - Trial Match 1 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

* me.

Gameplan of losers.

Objective should be to always mark the *er and if that fails don't be outmarked.

Not 'bring it to ground' as your first option and if you're lucky maybe mark it.
Same all over the ground.

Kick long to a contest. Kick to the pockets to create a stoppage. Work out how to defend against the opponent's strengths. Loser s**t designed to just aim to breakeven against all the great sides we are lucky enough to play against.

Never let's back our players in to go ballistic, or exploit opponent weaknesses.

* me.

Gameplan of losers.

Objective should be to always mark the *er and if that fails don't be outmarked.

Not 'bring it to ground' as your first option and if you're lucky maybe mark it.
What a waste of talented players like Todd and Georgie and in the future, Lord and Scully!

On SM-S711B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tv Show Hello GIF by Laff

and at least two:

1708743688570.png

We really need someone like Mead to come on and become AFL standard as a mid. Doesnt have to get 25 every week, but 15 touches a week to allow someone like Rozee/Butters to impact forward would be real handy

We really need someone like Mead to come on and become AFL standard as a mid. Doesnt have to get 25 every week, but 15 touches a week to allow someone like Rozee/Butters to impact forward would be real handy
He’s not good enough to get 15. too slow and fumbly In a real game.
He’s a good sanfl player that’s his ceiling

Butters and JHF were the highlight for me, they were the clear standouts and even at low intensity they looked far superior to anyone from both sides.

I loved what I saw of Zerk-Thatcher he really puts up amazing defensive efforts. Ratugulea looks very laconic, he also seemed to be slow and disinterested, im hoping he has a bit more intensity and enthusiasm in the real stuff. Soldo was solid and Sweet like last week looked out of his depth.

My overall highlight of the day was Tom Scully, wow he is a classy tall forward in the Tippett/B.King mould, I heard he has grown to 209cm! that is insane that a player at that height is so switched on and dangerous. I would throw him in the deep and play him round one ahead of Lord, Dixon, and Finlayson. He could become our number one forward in the next 2-3 years

Sent from my PHN110 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Slo-mo is a b*tch, too. It’s a fast play, and he instinctively protected himself from an unexpected clash.

SPP could have done better, but that simply means avoiding running into someone else’s play. Once he committed, he’s put himself in a position where accidents like this might happen.

The AFL judges on outcome. If it was bad, then, he’s screwed.

He didn’t protect himself. Had the opportunity to square up to the contest, watch the tackle and react. Alternatively he could have joined in the tackle attempt. Instead he led with his shoulder and knocked the guy out. If he is lucky he will get 2 - if they want to make an example he gets 3-4. A lot will depend on whether Keane has a broken jaw. That would mean 4 plus

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He didn’t protect himself. Had the opportunity to square up to the contest, watch the tackle and react. Alternatively he could have joined in the tackle attempt. Instead he led with his shoulder and knocked the guy out. If he is lucky he will get 2 - if they want to make an example he gets 3-4. A lot will depend on whether Keane has a broken jaw. That would mean 4 plus

Who asked?

Bullshit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I assume next week would not count as a week of a suspension? It should ... if you're gonna suspend for preseason games, they should be included in the penalty.
Why would it count? It's not a game it's a "match sim", if it didn't count you just create a similar situation to Alastair Lynch in the 04 grand final, zero consequences since he was retiring so he went out swinging.

I shouldn’t have looked at my phone. I could have gone to sleep without reading this.

Alas! Good day to you all. I’ll return in the morning. Then, I reply.

Why would it count? It's not a game it's a "match sim", if it didn't count you just create a similar situation to Alastair Lynch in the 04 grand final, zero consequences since he was retiring so he went out swinging.

The games still have value to the players in terms of getting reading for the minor rounds. I dunno .... it's a moot point really because they won't count, but part of me feels they should.

Reasonably enjoyable game . The Crows looked better in attack , Tilthorpe was a bit of a worry with his height and strength, our tall backs seemed to get caught out of position early .
we probably had a little bit better players around the ball.
I liked Soldo , I liked Zerk Thatcher , wasn’t real impressed with Ratagolea, . Ollie Lord disappointed again , probably Scully was the most impressive forward but he came on when the talent thinned out a bit .
good to see George and Sinn get through another game .
Butters and the Hornet looked good.
Visentini was quite good , once he can clunk a few big grabs he’ll be probably moving in front of Sweet .
Not super inspiring but the Crows are a pretty good side nowadays and we need to run just as hard if not harder than them to get on top considering they probably do more with their inside 50’s .

Your home board called.

They're missing you in the circle jerk.

If you are saying leading with the shoulder is bracing for contact then fine. I think the time has come where if someone is concussed it is an automatic 4 week suspension no matter how it happened and then players will be careful. However you then have to give a free against any player who leads with the head.

SPP incident is more innocent than Maynard on Brayshaw and I will guarantee SPP gets suspended. That is the AFL corrupt to its core.

In my opinion you have to take out any extenuating circumstances.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back