Review PAFC 2024 Internal Trial @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Feels like we have the list. I think the biggest issue will be figuring out what the best 22 is. Hope the coaches are brave enough to pick the side each week, based on form and fitness, not on surname...

We all know we will pick our best 23 players in Ken's eyes and try half of them on the wing (wines/drew/finlayson etc) before trying to develop an actual wingman.

We all know we will pick our best 23 players in Ken's eyes and try half of them on the wing (wines/drew/finlayson etc) before trying to develop an actual wingman.
I mean, we would just end up trading away any wingman we develop, so why bother?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good hit out & a fair bit to like.

• Lycett is an enormous loss for the 17 other AFL coaches.
  • Mead belongs at AFL level.
  • BZT looks very capable as a 3rd KPD, nice pick up by Cripps & Co.
  • Sinn has gone from bust to boom in just one practice match. WOW!
  • For his height, Scully has great dexterity & skills. I really liked his game.
  • Call me crazy, but Xavier Walsh will go down as the biggest steal of last years draft. Watch this space, his desperation & competitive nature reminds me of a younger Alex Rance.
  • Marshall looks like he finally discovered the weight room during the off season, appears far more imposing up front.
  • Wines has come back like a new recruit, gee our midfield runs incredibly deep with him back in form.
  • Is it too early to delist Jed & DBJ?
Hope u r right about Walsh.

I watched it live, and I plan on watching the replay. Fight me.
OIP.ZvPz8VqkX4W1KKEqu3CqbgAAAA

:D:p

Mead was really good. His pace was noticeably improved and he kicked a nice instinctive goal.

He is naturally an inside mid but with speed in his arsenal he could also play wing or the Jed McEntee role up forward. Beats competing with Rozee, Butters, Wines, JHF and Drew for a centre square spot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back