Review Port Adelaide vs Fremantle - Trial Match 2 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

How did no one else think his first half was diabolical?

It's one thing being able to get the ball, but 14 of 20 uncontested possies at 65% efficiency is dogshit. Duurs got torched for performances like that last season yet Jase got a pass and even praised? I know he's 20 so I'm probably being harsh on him but he shouldn't be in the round 1 team. I want T Mac and Farrell rotating on that wing preferably (don't know why t Mac hasn't been tested on the wing)
Agree that his first half was poor and that he butchered his first several possessions, including some easy, uncontested disposals. However, I thought there was a clear improvement as the game went on and that some of his efforts to contest ground balls in dispute were especially positive. He’s not convinced me, but if he can build his confidence levels with a bit of faith and patience from the coaches and fans, then the returns could be significant.

I think there would be a solid case that Georgi has been a better forward with Dixon in the team though it is a bit hard to tell with his inconsistent kicking.

Its all very well to say oh dixon is bad for our forward line. Its also true that our two best shots at a premiership in 2020 and 2021 were when Dixon was fit and in form. That was no coincidence.

To an extent it is up to our other tall forwards to demand the ball whether Dixon is in the team or not. Its something Georgiades does do that Marshall and Finalyson aren't particularly good at.
They can't "demand the ball" because they are not allowed to lead!

Youse should know that.

They can't "demand the ball" because they are not allowed to lead!

Youse should know that.
Yeah our drastically outdated gameplan doesn't help. We have more decent tall options than we have ever had under Hinkley's tenure, never mind our dangerous medium/small forwards and I will be really pissed if our gamplan isn't adjusted to take full advantage of that.

Something happened last year between the two. Finlayson was benched. Daddy was going off, behind his hand of course and Finlayaon looked straight ahead and did not acknowledge him at all. I thought it odd at the time. Now not so much
lol, you can just picture the scene exactly in your head.

Finlayson should have asked him what hes doing sitting on the bench instead of in the box

It's in Semaphore and the photos online don't do it justice it's an impressive building well worth checking out, it's used for weddings & functions these days.
Semmy South. Used to play at the par 3 once a week as a kid next door. Used to play soccer across the road for West Lakes Shore. Mates parents used to run the Fort Glanville Caravan Park.

Edit: wasn’t Bucks Flatt the oval across the road that butted up to Le Fevre High?

Surely I'm not the only one that thought Burgoyne looked like Bonner but worse. Completely poops himself if under just the smallest pressure. As is shown by terrible disposal an inability to pick up the ball cleanly.
I'm far from convinced. He needs to grow a pair a d show that he belongs at the level

Surely I'm not the only one that thought Burgoyne looked like Bonner but worse. Completely poops himself if under just the smallest pressure. As is shown by terrible disposal an inability to pick up the ball cleanly.
I'm far from convinced. He needs to grow a pair a d show that he belongs at the level
I wouldn't say that, Bonner at least looked like he had serious offensive weapons to his game.

If his last name wasn't Burgoyne he'd be in the same hole that poor McEntee is trying to dig himself out of on here

Unfortunately for Burgoyne his mistakes at the moment likely outweigh his positives. That is he might have more good than bad moments but his bad moments are often so costly they give the opposition a direct chance at goal.

There's a good player in there but he needs more time.

Can I watch these anywhere, I was overseas when it was on and would love to see how it went- they don’t appear to be in Kayo which is a joke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back