Review Port Adelaide vs Fremantle - Trial Match 2 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

rozee mentioned butters tweaked his ankle a couple weaks ago, now he has tweaked it again. im abit woried about him

You can get rolled ankles that just hang around forever. You roll it once and it can stay pretty weak for a long time and you just keep rolling over on it like Butters did last night. Doesn't mean there's any damage, I wouldn't worry too much.

I can't see the point of running a 2 ruck set up
Especially when Dixon takes the i50 stoppages
Who chops out in the ruck? Charlie too battered up, finlayson should never be put in ruck again.

Wines was excellent. I know pre season burning up the track talk is a bit of a meme but the talk seems to be translating on field.

Speaking of older guys, Boak showing why we gave him another year. He's far from cooked. And what a luxury to have a player like him on the periphery in the event that injury strikes at some point.

Mead looked as good as I can remember him looking. Still hard to see where he fits in the overall scheme of things but he's pushing hard.

Burgoyne pretty good, needs to tidy up his kicking though.

Rioli was great. We need him to stay fit and out of trouble because he's a valuable asset.

The Dixon criticism is over the top for me. The opposition simply must send their biggest and best defender to a guy of his size and ability. He draws so much attention and planning from the opposition that it allows the other forwards to get more involved.

Aliir and Ratugloea are the same player but it seemed to work last night. Still holding my judgment on Ratugolea but it's good to know it's not Aliir or bust this year.

Not quite ready to join the Zerk Jerks yet either but he was good last night. It looks like he's going to be the man to take the best opposition forward each week so it's going to be a challenge for him. Hope he's up to it.

Soldo and Sweet both had their moments but were not exactly dominant. Again, it's good to know we at least have options in this position now.

Backline dominated, but that freo forward line was poor. Esava seemed to get in alirs way a few times. Might take some adjusting. It’s going to be pretty hard for teams to bomb it in long and take marks unless it’s from turnovers or quick clearances.

Our forward line was a mess thanks to bomb it to Dixon making us so predictable and stagnant.

Mcintee went to another level in that game. Freo fans must have wondered who the f is this lol.

Same for mead, such great work around congestion with those handballs.

Rozee looked 8 classes above anyone else out there. Looks like he’s taking the piss almost. Wines looking fitter and moving better.

Rioli could be in for a massive year.

Dixon works hard , but he makes it so he has to. He could play in front , move and take the ball out in front where defenders are going to have a hard time getting to it. He could play deep, where he’s going to be able to run at the hot spot so defenders panic at the idea he’s going to run through them.

Instead he parks himself under the ball on the hip of his defender which just plays into their hands.

Did pretty good considering the handicap but there’s a strong case that his presence is bad for the team.

The Dixon criticism is over the top for me. The opposition simply must send their biggest and best defender to a guy of his size and ability. He draws so much attention and planning from the opposition that it allows the other forwards to get more involved.

Well in theory yeah but it hasn’t worked that way and we’ve had like half a decade to see it.

Not only does it not let other kfs get involved, it seems to hurt their game.

Every kf we’ve got has looked better and played a more natural game when Dixon has been out.

Our forward line has looked more diverse and gelled better when he’s been out.

BZT reverse coleman medal winner watch had 0 kicked on him, direct opponent treacy had 7 disposals at 14% efficiency and 5 turnovers, bzt top the team for one percenters (6), equal third for marks (9) and stuck his head in the hole and ran back with the flight of the ball yet again.

not baddddddd
I gave this post a DOUBLE :thumbsu:

Go the Zerk!

Well in theory yeah but it hasn’t worked that way and we’ve had like half a decade to see it.

Not only does it not let other kfs get involved, it seems to hurt their game.

Every kf we’ve got has looked better and played a more natural game when Dixon has been out.

Our forward line has looked more diverse and gelled better when he’s been out.
Other forwards need to be better then. Dixon, marshall and either Georgiades or finlayson is still a good tall forward line that should be difficult to contain.

Dwayne Russel mentioned our first game played at Alberton was in 1880, that’s 10 years since we were formed as a club. Where were our home games prior ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Dwayne Russel mentioned our first game played at Alberton was in 1880, that’s 10 years since we were formed as a club. Where were our home games prior ?

south africa due to the boer war

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walkers Flat on the grounds of Glanville Hall, worth a visit it's a beautiful old building.

Hard to pinpoint where the ground was there's a golf course & a John Hart reserve around the immediate area.

I'm a sucker for history I'd love to see a team photo taken at Glanville Hall.

Interesting comments from Hinkley re Lord v Finlayson. Basically said that Lord was picked over Finlayson because he provides a better contest. I have to say, his final against Brisbane last year was diabolical in that regard. Feels like he has lost a bit of trust internally as well.

Interesting comments from Hinkley re Lord v Finlayson. Basically said that Lord was picked over Finlayson because he provides a better contest. I have to say, his final against Brisbane last year was diabolical in that regard. Feels like he has lost a bit of trust internally as well.
Reckon he lost his way the entire back end of last year.

Walkers Flat on the grounds of Glanville Hall, worth a visit it's a beautiful old building.

Hard to pinpoint where the ground was there's a golf course & a John Hart reserve around the immediate area.

I'm a sucker for history I'd love to see a team photo taken at Glanville Hall.
Not being a history buff at all, this is the only team photo I know of supposedly from 1870.

IMG_1882.jpeg

Not being a history buff at all, this is the only team photo I know of supposedly from 1870.

View attachment 1917982
Yea there's probably no information on where it was taken, I'd like to see team photos of the current teams taken there however it's a very neglected part of our history I seem to be the only one who cares lol.

John Hart lived at Glanville Hall Estate & John Jr. was our first Prez yet you'd hardly know they existed.

*Correction it was Bucks Flat not Walkers Flat.. I've had a couple.

Something happened last year between the two. Finlayson was benched. Daddy was going off, behind his hand of course and Finlayaon looked straight ahead and did not acknowledge him at all. I thought it odd at the time. Now not so much

Something happened last year between the two. Finlayson was benched. Daddy was going off, behind his hand of course and Finlayaon looked straight ahead and did not acknowledge him at all. I thought it odd at the time. Now not so much
Oooooo somebody dares to challenge the great man. He'll pay for that faux pas.

Thall shall not use the name of the lord in vain.

Yea there's probably no information on where it was taken, I'd like to see team photos of the current teams taken there however it's a very neglected part of our history I seem to be the only one who cares lol.

John Hart lived at Glanville Hall Estate & John Jr. was our first Prez yet you'd hardly know they existed.

*Correction it was Bucks Flat not Walkers Flat.. I've had a couple.
Lots of newspaper cuttings, this one of a 1-goal loss in 1874 to Kensington always brings me a chuckle.

IMG_1883.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back