Society/Culture Christchurch Mosque mass shooting

Remove this Banner Ad

Hitler is your go to, but try something closer to home: Australia enforced ethnic and cultural homogeneity for a century, yet built a wealthy and egalitarian society doing so.

Active support for white Australia in a thread where an Austrlain white nationalist murdering people.

No cognative dissonance there for you at all?

You seem to have lost track of the discussion. I asked you to show how the Church, that is, Christianity's values have changed to fit with society over the last 2000 years. You seem to be arguing the opposite of that now.
And you don't understand how so few parts of the old testament being seen as applicable to the modern age is showing how the church has no problem picking and choosing which parts of the bible to ignore, thus changing its values to fit society?

I mean, do you actually dispute this or do you not have contact with a woman during her menstrual period to keep in line the traditional values?

Actually don't answer that, I'd rather not know.

Oh, you mean the slaves that were freed because of Christians leading the charge to abolish slavery, based on Biblical principles of freeing slaves because all humans are made in the image of God?

Yeah, that's a great example of how the church has shaped society's views, which is my point, not his. This isn't a recent thing either - bishops were given the power to free slaves in the later Roman Empire. Yes, the same Rome that had had countless slaves living in it for centuries.

it only took them 2000 years and either way church teachings were used on both sides and it was community feeling that ended up dragging the church forward.

Nearly all the anti gay stuff is in the old testament

Homosexuality's sinfulness is reaffirmed multiple times in the New Testament.

And you don't understand how so few parts of the old testament being seen as applicable to the modern age is showing how the church has no problem picking and choosing which parts of the bible to ignore, thus changing its values to fit society?

I mean, do you actually dispute this or do you not have contact with a woman during her menstrual period to keep in line the traditional values?

Actually don't answer that, I'd rather not know.

No, you're just showing a lack of knowledge about the Bible, and failing to argue your point in doing so. The early church was no more likely to keep the commands of the Old Testament than the church today, because the Old Testament is fulfilled by Jesus. Therefore, the law of the Old Testament is abolished. The early church understood this, the church today understands this.

Therefore, your argument that the church today has been shaped by the culture around it is not supported by the evidence you're presenting.

Active support for white Australia in a thread where an Austrlain white nationalist murdering people.

No cognative dissonance there for you at all?
More like recognizing Australia is pretty good and that was a big part of building the country.

The inconvenient truth: human kind isn't culturally homogeneous

Were there any Vietnamese schools or Italian schools when those immigrant groups came in? I'm all for people having the freedom to send their kids wherever they want but the cultural indoctrination of the children at school surrounded by established Australian students is where the immigrants become Australian.

They end up raising Australian children who look like them, but they are Australian.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You cant wave a magic wand and remove ethnic nationalism, racism and bigotry.

You can take steps to crack down on it, such as laws that prohibit racial abuse and far right wing bullshit, encourage greater integration, and by embracing diversity.

Your solution seems to be to embrace ethnic nationalism via the imposition of 'ethnically pure' nation States. Not only would that involve persecution and mass genocide on a global scale, it wouldnt solve a ******* thing, it would just entrench the ******* problem and lead to warfare.

If ethnic nationalism is a cancer that leads to killing (and we both seem to agree it is) your proposed embrace of it is ludicrous in the extreme. It would simply lead to more ******* killing.
Lefty PC crap hasn't worked, not all cultures are equal.

Having said that someone who puts the hammer Martel on a gun isnt going to be changed by any social engineering

Were there any Vietnamese schools or Italian schools when those immigrant groups came in? I'm all for people having the freedom to send their kids wherever they want but the cultural indoctrination of the children at school surrounded by established Australian students is where the immigrants become Australian.

They end up raising Australian children who look like them, but they are Australian.
Kids at my primary school often had a Sunday School (Greek School, etc) but not as a replacement for regular school.

We've always had schools based on religion in Australia though.

So just **** it then, yeah? Go out in a shitty silver Subaru and kill whoever you don't like because "**** it, it's too hard?"

Get ******, honestly, I'm sick of you parasites. Hope and pray for your pretty little white world prick, you won't get ******* nowhere
You're so colourful. Can everyone take a moment to appreciate how great this poster is and how morally virtuous they are.

The point is that people can't be expected to live together in harmony if they have grown up with different values, there will be flashpoints. This violence is a reaction to a fear of that in my opinion. Valid or not that's the perception.

Anti-multiculturalism and anti-globalism are ethically (not a typo) s**t ideas. And they're ideas that won't work. The world is economically interdependent and the internet isn't going away. 1970 or whichever year was peak Good Old Days isn't coming back.

The EU is a prototype of where nation-states are going. Supranational government.

Unfortunately there are radicals in every group. That's the very nature of a group as opposed to an individual. There are variances from one end of the spectrum to the other.

It's abhorrent really but an indication of the level of frustration within the citizenry I think. Continually being told you will accept the destruction of Aussie culture through gradual integration of foreign powers, you will accept the occasional mass shooting or beheading from now on as part of the new norm, you will accept globalism and the elites efforts to grow their world income base and workers and if you don't, we'll torment you as racists throughout the media, public and government avenues.

Eventually it's going to cause extremists to say enough is enough. It was probably always going to happen at some point as historically it always has.

That's what enforced multi-culturalism does. It creates bands and opposed groups within. It has historically, essentially caused division of nations from within wherever it has been employed and slowly destroyed nations accordingly.

There are a mixture of globalist monetary ambitions and egalitarian ambitions of inclusivity that cross over where so often they do not and understandably humans continue to try to find that elusive Utopia. It remains very much, elusive.

Anti-multiculturalism and anti-globalism are ethically (not a typo) s**t ideas. And they're ideas that won't work. The world is economically interdependent and the internet isn't going way. 1970 or whichever year was peak Good Old Days.

The EU is a prototype of where nation-states are going. Supranational government.

Even though I fundamentally disagree with you on every level and believe you are totally wrong about this, I just want to take this moment to thank you for being honest and upfront about what you believe is the right future for global society.

Unfortunately there are radicals in every group. That's the very nature of a group as opposed to an individual. There are variances from one end of the spectrum to the other.

It's abhorrent really but an indication of the level of frustration within the citizenry I think. Continually being told you will accept the destruction of Aussie culture through gradual integration of foreign powers, you will accept the occasional mass shooting or beheading from now on as part of the new norm, you will accept globalism and the elites efforts to grow their world income base and workers and if you don't, we'll torment you as racists throughout the media, public and government avenues.

Eventually it's going to cause extremists to say enough is enough. It was probably always going to happen at some point as historically it always has.

That's what enforced multi-culturalism does. It creates bands and opposed groups within. It has historically, essentially caused division of nations from within wherever it has been employed and slowly destroyed nations accordingly.

There are a mixture of globalist monetary ambitions and egalitarian ambitions of inclusivity that cross over where so often they do not and understandably humans continue to try to find that elusive Utopia. It remains very much, elusive.
This is the s**t we get on this forum.

Nazis and white nationalists empathising with mass murders.

Dog campaigners.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back