Votes: 17 7.6%
  • Jack Higgins

Votes: 21 9.4%
  • Brandon Ellis

Votes: 26 11.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone reckons our forwards were crap and our backs were OK. All that tells me is our mids we're the shit ones. Defensive pressure around stoppage was non-existent and some of the disposal woeful. Lambert, no impact, Dusty no pressure, Prestia shithouse disposal.

Out - the game plan. Other teams have gone past our style . We are playing to many small guys who apparently apply pressure. They have no tricks in the bag. I like George but his set shots close in are shocking.

Look at Collingwood forwards They all are dangerous and can mark. Unfortunately we are playing George Weller butler in the same side and Higgins/ edwards/Lambert/ Prestia who all at times show flashes of brilliance but again very small players .

It worked for us 2 seasons ago but it's gone past now. Have to play 2 rucks regardless it just doesn't work.

Shoot me down but I would much rather see a forward line of Caddy Lynch Townse d Rioli Jack Higgins and Riewoltd because I am confident that these guys can mark , provide a contest and have a dip.

Be looking at getting games into Jack Ross, RCD Balta Soldo Naish.

We will still make finals but unless we bring in some bigger players who can provide us with some football skills and not pressure alone we aren't a threat

Our forward line was deplorable. Lynch pass, pretty happy with how he is tracking. Rioli, Butler, George, Higgins, Lambert, nothing. A lot of people here love Higgins, but he is slow and can't apply pressure, although he is good in a good side.
I have never seen a ball flip out, bob out, bounce on it's end, get kicked off the ground etc. and go straight to the opposition every time. Freakish.
It was genuinely unreal, the footy gods were not favourable to us this game. Suppose it’s balancing of that bounce to jack in the Sydney 2016 games

All props to Collingwood tonight. They put in place and executed a plan near perfectly which dismantled us on all fronts and we didn't adjust at all to it. Out coached and classes to the fullest extent. They found space almost at will and it is reflected in the match statistics. They made us look silly out there at times. Almost a perfect blue print for others club on how to deal with us, especially while we are missing a few key components.

In saying that, we didn't help ourselves. We looked rather lethargic and had no run in us bar a few players. Cotchin seemed like the only one who wanted it as always. Lacked any real effort or pressure the whole game. When we did managed to get our hands on it our ball use was some of the worst I've seen in a while. I mean jeez, we just butchered it by foot and hand. I thought we were pretty bad last week too, but this takes the cake so far. Our decision making was questionable at best. Those turnovers in the back 50, oh my... Constantly putting other players under the pump and at times it cost us really bad. We gifted them plenty of the ball and missed plenty of our own chances that would have really kept us in the game which we may have been able to build on momentum.

I don't think the free kick count changes much, maybe a few the umpires didn't pay at all (been convinced players over the last two seasons have been throwing the ball a vast amount more and it goes unnoticed...) but we were well and truly beaten in pretty much all aspects of the game.

We have a lot to work on and it doesn't get any easier with an interstate trip to play the Giants. The few passages of play near the end of a few of the quarters shows how damaging we can be so I still have full confidence. Hopefully we start to put it together and have much better performances in the next few rounds. Lucky we have plenty of time to turn it around.

Go Tiges.

Oh I didn’t think Balta would change the result but we had better structure with him playing. Plus with Rance ****** we should pump games into the beastly lad!
Yep I totally agree with u there, I though he showed a fair bit too, and to risk jack in the ruck was unforgivable

How da heck did Ellis turn into such a spud? He looked like he would become a good player earlier in his career.

Other thing that didn’t sit well with me since last years PF was how Dimma kept saying we had a bad day, we reserved our worst game for the PF. Makes it sound like a fluke. It would have been better to acknowledge that we’d been found out and beaten by a better team. They applied their plan again tonight and they will keep beating us until we adjust

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How da Damn did Ellis turn into such a spud? He looked like he would become a good player earlier in his career.

Other thing that didn’t sit well with me since last years PF was how Dimma kept saying we had a bad day, we reserved our worst game for the PF. Makes it sound like a fluke. It would have been better to acknowledge that we’d been found out and beaten by a better team. They applied their plan again tonight and they will keep beating us until we adjust
167 more possies will beat most sides these days.

Well that got ugly, fast. Something is seriously wrong with Dusty. 0 tackles this year. Played the first quarter beautifully, running to the right spots, beating Greenwood 1v1, then something happened...

Few changes next week:
Riewoldt (inj) > Moore
Grimes (mrp) > Garth
Weller (omit) > Balta
Butler (omit) > Bolton
Ellis (omit) > Ross

You know Hardwick will never make that many changes ever.

Mark my words he will back the current team in and even if Jack is out injured I bet he doesn't bring Moore in.

He will stick to 1 Ruckman again against GWS, drop Markov and bring Balta back in.

That's about it

If we are lucky he might bring Ross in

This non second ruck thing needs to stop

Look very foolish. Not a team we used to be. Some fresh faces are needed to make competition for spots greater.

Our small forward pressure was putrid.
We have Martin and cotchin as onballers. The rest are weak as piss.
I tipped Collingwood. But backed us.
Never wanted to be on us all night. Real flat effort
Baker should be in
Maybe Bolton although I'm not a fan.
Half a
Just don't see what our direction is

You know Hardwick will never make that many changes ever.

Mark my words he will back the current team in and even if Jack is out injured I bet he doesn't bring Moore in.

He will stick to 1 Ruckman again against GWS, drop Markov and bring Balta back in.

That's about it

If we are lucky he might bring Ross in

Nank will need support if mummy plays no way he can play a whole game on that monster

Spent the majority of the game defending their chip it around plan.

Not sure what we’re doing with Jack?

I also think the new rules have destroyed our forward pressure game, it’s too easy to hit up a target 30-40 out now.

#marchpremiership

It tapered off last season too. The pressure was largely from the hunger to win the flag imo. That's not there at the moment. It's like they're not playing for anything.

It did. It started last year and it's steadily declined.

Tonight, we only had 33 tackles to 60. That is disgraceful given how much Cwood had the ball. And we could only accumulate a pathetic 6 of those tackles in our forward line.

Some blokes need a massive rocket at the moment. Maybe I'm old schoool but getting a bit tired of all the happy go lucky, high fiving and laughing stuff, the Facebook stuff. Time to knuckle back down and get a bit angrier and more desperate.

Back