Autopsy Round 3, 2019: Fremantle v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

1. Battle grabbed him after the head clash.

2. Freo player just tripped over him while he’s trying to mark the ball. Terrible decision, and led to their second goal.

Their first goal came about when Geary took a chest mark and the umpire called play on after the Freo player knocked it out of his hands.

Maybe he was just trying to stop him falling....:p
Yep, forgot about the Geary call.

Nevertheless, when I’m not spending the whole game cursing the umps ( with my usual rose tinted specs) then I get the impression that overall it wasn’t too one-sided. We’ve certainly had a lot worse.

2 wins a narrow loss & what appears to be a happy club & group of players & your saying you can't see evidence please, if you don't like Richo go to the sack Richo thread not game thread my self i see plenty of improvement & am happy in the direction we are heading still room for improvement because we haven't won that 2 premiership.

Players in the 22 will always be happy & love the coach players outside the 22 won't be happy & find negatives in the coach plain & simple been there done that for over 20 years.
No, no I can’t see evidence they’re happy with him. Good start to the season from the playing group, not really the coaches to be honest. You can have your opinion and I’ll have mine. I could shed some light on other players thoughts, but that’s their business,
Not mine.

No, no I can’t see evidence they’re happy with him. Good start to the season from the playing group, not really the coaches to be honest. You can have your opinion and I’ll have mine. I could shed some light on other players thoughts, but that’s their business,
Not mine.

Players seem happy with the coaches from what I’ve seen. Not sure what the coaches have done wrong in the 3 games.

Players seem happy with the coaches from what I’ve seen. Not sure what the coaches have done wrong in the 3 games.
Not saying they’re unhappy.. think that has been misunderstood. A couple aren’t, and a few still aren’t with Richo. But the general consensus is they all love Rats and LOVE Lade.

Yeah he's no good as just a pure forward, ruck is his best position and he has been impressive the last couple of weeks.

Pretty safe to say he has now nailed down the no.1 ruck role and should only get better with more experience.
If we continue to get smashed in the centre square like we were yesterday, Longer will come back in.
For all his flaws, Longer does help us win clearances which has become more important with the 6-6-6 rule.

Well a mate of mine has seen every sandy game this year. There has been 8 of them and said he has been very disappointed in coffield
I think he’s be the first to say the recent games he’s been terrible. The practice games he was quite good. He’s been thrown some really unusual changes that’s completely confused his playing style..

Not saying they’re unhappy.. think that has been misunderstood. A couple aren’t, and a few still aren’t with Richo. But the general consensus is they all love Rats and LOVE Lade.

Let me guess who isn’t happy. The ones not playing would be my guess. If rats was coach he would also have players not happy with him. Anyway the first 2 weeks was great coaching from rats and lade. This week it’s bad coaching by richo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our game plan is based on 3 tall forwards. 2 move up to the wings/CHF and 1 stays deep. Which means a tall target the entire way down the line.

Right now we have 2 talls. So either Paddy comes back. Marsh plays chb and battle moves forward or we keep on keeping on.

Logic would have Battle forward and keep Marshall in the ruck... If someone else could stand up in defence, but we are depleted in that area.

I suspect that once he's deemed for, Longer will come in and Marshall will go forward.

Let me guess who isn’t happy. The ones not playing would be my guess. If rats was coach he would also have players not happy with him. Anyway the first 2 weeks was great coaching from rats and lade. This week it’s bad coaching by richo
This is fun. But do you think the coaching was good round 1 out of interest? I thought it was good round 2.

If we continue to get smashed in the centre square like we were yesterday, Longer will come back in.
For all his flaws, Longer does help us win clearances which has become more important with the 6-6-6 rule.

You do realise hit out have had no connection with clearances this year. If we play longer to hit a silly ball then I may spew up. Marshall has shown more in 2 games than longer has in his career

Clark didn't have his best game, but for 57% TOG he had 9 contested possessions, 4 clearances, and almost kicked that ripping goal where he just wanted it more than anyone else. He sprayed a few kicks, but that was his first run at the level in a while, gotta give him more time now. He's a player that once he gets up to 80s TOG will be averaging around 15 CP a game. Also I know it's a long way off but Bytel will be a strong CP player also. Hanners, if he ever gets on the park will help in that department, as will Steven.

Got to keep getting games into Clark.
Some of the things Hunter does make you think "jeez we've got something here", like when he picks up a ground ball one handed without breaking pace and bursts through a pack.

His kicking was sloppy yesterday but he seemed like he was just rushing things, we know he's got good skills off both sides.

Reason I question the approach, he genuinely thought he had a good start to the year, was doing everything right, played well in the sandy practice match and then wasn’t until after that told he needed to work on his defensive efforts. Alarm bells surely go off that he wasn’t briefed on this prior or mentored as to what the coaches are thinking.

Screams of Richo believing he’s above the players again.. that caused most of the issues last year. For Geary to have to write a letter to Richo about the feelings of the playing group sums it up. I hoped he had changed, but honestly, can’t see evidence he has.
Maybe he came up short despite having a decent match.

I love the way we pick a player each week who isn't getting a game, hype up his form and then take dump on Richo because of it.

You do realise hit out have had no connection with clearances this year. If we play longer to hit a silly ball then I may spew up. Marshall has shown more in 2 games than longer has in his career
I do know that there has been an increase it scoring from centre clearance across the AFL and having a ruckman who can actually direct the ball to his own players helps with that.
Marshall was good around the ground but his actual ruck work did us no favours. Needs to improve that that aspect of his game.

Interestingly ladder of contested marks from last year is as follows:
West Coast
Melbourne
Collingwood
GWS
Geelong
Sydney
Richmond
Essendon

All except Essendon made finals.

Its a major weakness of our list in total, we simply have far many players who cant take an over head mark or at least make a decent contest above their heads. It was pleasing however to see our defenders backing themselves yesterday and go for their marks. We havent had a midfielder who you would back in to win a contested mark since Lenny retired.

When you look at Freo's list and their height disparities and marking strengths over our blokes, it make even less sense with the bomb it long approach we served up yesterday. Some of the dumbest coaching I have seen come out of our coaches box yesterday - he simply costs us far too games!

Should have won that. Freo were practically begging us to run over the top and we couldn't do it. The skills in general were poor. Disappointing but I think we are a real chance against the Hawks.

I didn't see all of the game.
I'm assuming he flattened Fyfe with a left hook?
Kid's the package now.

Nah, Battle did that before Bull Billings got a chance ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back