Autopsy Round 4, 2019: St.Kilda v Hawthorn *BLUE RIBBON CUP*

Remove this Banner Ad

Our young backline is doing so great.

I heard this if it's correct in that frantic last 10 mins......we had 6 players out there today who'd played less than 20 games.

Is that encouraging or what.

When I was going into meltdown in that last 1/4...…...I thought this game is a carbon copy of the game late last season...…..the Hawks jumped us....we reeled them in but they hung on....by 4 points I think it was.

Best win for years, so much to like about it. Could be the critical turning point in our journey as a club!

This season has seen a transformation in our belief. Despite being nearly 5 goals down in the 3rd we have seen enough of the Saints play this season to not give up. I still thought we could win if the umpiring was fair and they didn't have freak things going their way. And those things didn't happen and we won a game we certainly would have lost, easily, in the past few years!!

I agree with most posters on who our best players were. We've got some gems!!

But Acres deserves a comment because I don't think he marches to the beat of your typical drum. He is super cool. Someone on this site said years ago thahe was a space cadet and coaches were frustrated by his lack of discipline and not being able to stick to the team plan. All coaches know they have the whole spectrum on their list and some players shouldn't have their heads bothered with structure, system and process type stuff. Acres is one, Plugger ditto, G Ablett Snr and probably 10-15% of the list. Just let the boy play and deal with his mistakes because he'll also do things that can't be taught or replicated. He is a very cool dude and his supposed lack of intensity etc is total crap. The evidence that it is crap is the amount of contested balls he wins, even as a bloody ruckman!! Enjoy what he brings not how you think he should be!!

This was a great win and wecan certainly beat the Dees next week. Go you Mighty Sainters!!

Interesting hypocrisy George given you and others were critical of posters discussing Richo on the Autopsy thread last week.

I have absolutley no doubt Ratten and Lade and Richo's strong feedback have turned him around. Dont you read/hear what most players have said last year they didnt want to be there. There were no positives and thats your heros job!

There is no doubt the team effort and belief is belief has gone thru the roof which is great, but Richo showed last week he is still tactically flawed on match days.
So coming from behind in 2 of our wins means he is tactical flawed on match day. Seems there may have been changes to tactics on match day that got us back into the game.

What a win. That’ll be huge for the teams confidence to come back from 26 points down.

I thought Acres, Lonie & Billings really lifted & made some pivotal plays at crucial moments of the game.

Ross back to his best.

Marshall is like another midfielder. He had 7 clearances!

No Geary, Carlisle, Steven, Hanneberry or Robbo meant others had to stand up. And they did. Billings, GOAT, Steele, Lonie, etc showed growth as leaders.

Well done lads!

I think the biggest story this year is how well the team believes in itself.

We all saw it. Some people here called it. We got belted back into our shells early in the 3rd quarter.

We’ve developed a never say die attitude and it’s paying off.

How many times last year did we get beaten in the first 10 minutes of the game and just never showed up again? Or got beaten late in the game and rolled over.

We’ve fought hard to the end in all our games, and that is huge.

Lethlean did say were the fitest in the competition. natbe its true withe way we have been Running out matches.

if they want to play hind then Paton goes. I reckon he will have to wait another week
Wouldn’t mind seeing him replicate the performance, was impressive though, has a penetrating kick too, hit up some targets with really nice ball use.

Looking forward to seeing him get a run when he does! The open spaces of the G may be to his liking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hind having 39 is going to be pretty hard to say no to... especially as he can play off of halfback much like D-Mac.

Though if Geary and Stuv comeback its hard to find another spot without dropping someone else.

He's a seriously fast player too, he's going to be an excitement machine. He's like the road runner.

Brown had some stuff ups, but he also had 13 1%'s

He got turned inside out a few times but did some good things too. He's actually been very good this year. Probably didn't have an ideal match up today.

everyone rates clarko. interesting to hear his views on some stuff:
- every club is still trying to find where they sit this seasons. everyones "lost"
- he had a sneaky shot at the rule changes, there's now less scoring
- rated seb as the only player to have a 4 qtr performance
- bemoaned losing chips frawley his general down back

credit to Richo, i think he did quite well for the cattle at his disposal and running with the new game plan in one off-season. imagine if richo had the luxury of stealing his "general downback" from another club

i thought the move of acres to the ruck was excellent. sinclair to the midfield.

the resurgence of newnes has gone a long way to improving the midfield.

What a win. That’ll be huge for the teams confidence to come back from 26 points down.

I thought Acres, Lonie & Billings really lifted & made some pivotal plays at crucial moments of the game.

Ross back to his best.

Marshall is like another midfielder. He had 7 clearances!

No Geary, Carlisle, Steven, Hanneberry or Robbo meant others had to stand up. And they did. Billings, GOAT, Steele, Lonie, etc showed growth as leaders.

Well done lads!

Marshall's clearances aren't a dribbled handball either, they are a 70 meter launch to the 50 meter arc. He can put some force into his kicks.

Hind having 39 is going to be pretty hard to say no to... especially as he can play off of halfback much like D-Mac.

Though if Geary and Stuv comeback its hard to find another spot without dropping someone else.

really good point

clarks numbers were very low, so he could find himself back in the VFL for someone like hind/geary/stuv

Marshall's clearances aren't a dribbled handball either, they are a 70 meter launch to the 50 meter arc. He can put some force into his kicks.

his impact inside there might mean we don't have to play dunstan as often and can put someone in who can do more around the ground

Lethlean did say were the fitest in the competition. natbe its true withe way we have been Running out matches.
They were 3 players down today
Yes of course I'm happy but we should've smashed them

He has been very good this year amazing really hasn't played 20 games

They were 3 players down today
Yes of course I'm happy but we should've smashed them

We were pretty knocked about too. They were actually only 2 down for most of it and we had Parker pretty limited but still out on the ground as well. We just wanted it more and worked harder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back