Preview Geelong V Hawthorn Monday 22 April @ MCG 3:20 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides the interchange, what position would you prefer Cam Guthrie play? He puts teammates under pressure with handball and runs from a contest rather that confront it, so he'd be a liability down back. He's not proactive enough to play through the midfield ... I'm sick of those 4 metre handballs to teammates facing him, or his sideways chip kicks that allow the defence to get back in numbers. He doesn't tackle with intent and makes no effort to chase.

If he's going to play it should be as a negating half forward. Give him a role and say 'stop this defender from rebounding' If he makes an error it's not going to hurt us as much.
Anywhere in the VFL, but while hes giving Charlie a rest id like to see him play on the wing, where he cant hurt us as much, and see Parfitts midfield time increase

What are the alternatives? I'd have included Brownless for this reason, and he brings effort. All of those players named on the extended bench who were brought in this week all have one thing in common.

They lack any real intensity and cruise through games.
yes...
Thankfully, although far from ideal, C Guthrie will be the only in IMO...

No man for any considerable period can wear one face to himself and another to the multitude, without finally getting bewildered as to which one may be true.
So no rebuttal then? Right.

Guthrie was putrid as a forward last year when they played him there for a few games, but you still suggest he is best played forward. Which unsurprisingly no one is agreeing with you.

Guthrie was putrid as a forward last year when they played him there for a few games, but you still suggest he is best played forward. Which unsurprisingly no one is agreeing with you.
It's an opinion on an opinion forum. If you can't handle that (which you've shown you can't) maybe you should post on the Hawthorn board.

And I was alluding to you being a hypocrite in case you missed the reference.

Not that many really if you discard SS and Cocky who are always injured,then there is Bews Henderson and 2e all backs.

And Cunico.

GMHBA Health Update

Player Injury Duration
Zach Tuohy Knee Test
Scott Selwood Hamstring Short
Lachie Fogarty Hip Short
Lachie Henderson Foot Short*
Jed Bews Groin Medium
Nakia Cockatoo Knee Medium
Jordan Cunico Ankle Long

* Henderson in VFL

To be fair the Wagon was only suggesting he play forward to minimize the damage the turnovers do further up the ground.

Pressure forward for me would be the worst. Actually they're all bad.
Middle is probably the best option.
A key component of being a pressure forward is running down and applying pressure to your opponent.... Guthrie refuses to do that.
Has to play on the wing if he plays. Cant be trusted anywhere else... especially defense

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A key component of being a pressure forward is running down and applying pressure to your opponent.... Guthrie refuses to do that.
Has to play on the wing if he plays. Cant be trusted anywhere else... especially defense
I never said pressure forward, I said as a negator, there's a difference. You only need to focus on your opponent not getting the ball. Guthrie has played a lockdown role in the past and he's done it well on a few occasions.

I don't want Guthrie anywhere between the defensive goal square and the middle of the ground where he's a liability.

I never said pressure forward, I said as a negator, there's a difference. You only need to focus on your opponent not getting the ball. Guthrie has played a lockdown role in the past and he's done it well on a few occasions.

I don't want Guthrie anywhere between the defensive goal square and the middle of the ground where he's a liability.
I wasnt talking to you... but the point remains, Guthrie doesnt work anywhere hard enough to be a forward in any sense of the word. Its no coincidence that our forward pressure dropped off dramatically last week and we lost.
Forward pressure, or negating if thats what you want to call it, has been the barometer of our season thus far. Lets get back to prioritising that.
Put him on an open wing where we can hide him as best we can. The wing under the Great Southern Stand doesnt get much action... that would be the best spot for mine

Last edited:
It's an opinion on an opinion forum. If you can't handle that (which you've shown you can't) maybe you should post on the Hawthorn board.

And I was alluding to you being a hypocrite in case you missed the reference.

I might disagree with you but I totally agree with this...

Can you imagine post after post of...

Geelong is good..
Yes geelong is good..
I agree geelong is good... etc.

As long as we are constructive and not personal ..then different opinions are live force of an opinion forum...

I wasnt talking to you... but the point remains, Guthrie doesnt work anywhere hard enough to be a forward in any sense of the word. Its no coincidence that our forward pressure dropped off dramatically last week and we lost.
Forward pressure, or negating if thats what you want to call it, has been the barometer of our season thus far. Lets get back to prioritising that.
Put him on an open wing where we can hide him as best we can. The wing under the Great Southern Stand doesnt get much action... that would be the best spot for mind.
Should I raise my hand next time, Sir?

I might disagree with you but I totally agree with this...

Can you imagine post after post of...

Geelong is good..
Yes geelong is good..
I agree geelong is good... etc.

As long as we are constructive and not personal ..then different opinions are live force of an opinion forum...
And I'm guessing Down at K Park still can't see how calling someone's opinion dumb isn't hypocritical when he waives his arms in the air and pleads 'don't play the man, don't hurt me son.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back