Preview Geelong V Hawks Mon Apr1 2024 @MCG 320pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt they want mannagh to play vfl they want to hold him and tuohy over for the 5 day br eak next week they will probably come in for 2 older guys and we will rotate.

If Mannagh played VFL yesterday it would have been a 7 day break until our next match

Only reason I can see to hold him over is there is/was uncertainty over a named player

Hes managed in the sense they would have rested him (given the 2 games in 6 days) whether he was injured or not
But i take your point re our lack of honesty with injuries.
That’s assuming he is gonna be back for the Dogs game.

If he isn’t straight back in the side next week (because he has a broken hand) it will look ridiculous.

Not sure how bad this broken hand is though.

It’ll be mega interesting if Stanley isn’t available… I’m not sure we’d play Conway v the dogs… might be Neale time.

Anyway we will know in time.

29 thousand posts and counting.
Pot. Kettle. Black.

First & final warning

With nothing of note contributed to date, move on and back to whatever board you call home

No. Response. Needed!!!

Is there any confirmation of a broken hand for Stanley or is that just speculation?

He was at the family day today, carrying his youngster around - no brace or protection on either hand. Maybe there's bruising, but if it was a break I'd expect to see some sort of protection

View attachment 1945551

There’s almost definitely something going on with his hand.

Doesn’t look bad though from the pics (which is good).

I’m not complaining… I think Conway should be playing this game anyway.

Interesting to see if Stanley is straight back in next week… assuming the hand is good to go, you’d think he will be back.

How does Mullen continue to get a game ?
Offers something they think the team needs or see something in him I guess. Would prefer Mannagh or Knevitt but I don't mind it that much as there's no one else we're really doing that but it is weird how far out if favour Bews has fallen (diff type of defender to Mullen though).

I gotta say in all the games Mullin has played this year… I don’t really recall thinking that he was costing the team.

He doesn’t really have much of an offensive game but made a few runs last week that looked impressive.

He isn’t keen on kicking though.

What he has is a strong body, clean hands, speedy little steps and keeps his feet with his low to the ground centre of gravity.

I can see it slowly coming together.

Still a long way to go though.

Maybe by the end of the year he will look like a different player, maybe it’ll take a couple more years.

There’s something to work with though for sure and the club must see it or they wouldn’t select him.

Here's the latest from BOM - be interesting to see how late is late afternoon

But either way, we'd want to get off to a fast start and put the pressure on early. Don't want to be chasing the game when the rain comes

View attachment 1945354
Not happening 20km/h N/NNW gametime and rain most of the arvo.Trust me.

This would be the youngest team we’ve fielded in a while?
Worth a look. Younger than Port, Brisbane and Collingwood this week. Same age as Richmond, Carlton and Melbourne.

Must have been a while since we fielded a side no older than 6 other teams that week

Mannagh new to the caper and rested on the short break surely

As for Mullin he doesn't know he's not an AFL player, so considering he has all the physical attributes it makes sense to get him up to speed in the AFL!

Hawks have a few dangerous smalls so there's a spot there too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s almost definitely something going on with his hand.

Doesn’t look bad though from the pics (which is good).

I’m not complaining… I think Conway should be playing this game anyway.

Interesting to see if Stanley is straight back in next week… assuming the hand is good to go, you’d think he will be back.

I don't think Stanley is 100%, so it'll be interesting to see what happens next week

I'm taking no obvious support on either hand as being a slightly more positive sign than if he was wearing a brace or splint

Very pleased to have Atkins, Bowes, Bruhn, Conway + Duncan in the team.
Really excited for the young blokes to experience our traditional Easter Monday game against Hawks.
Duncan is a huge 'in', adds so much depth + experience. Atkins returning is fantastic, need our bull!
Thrilled for Conway to have this opportunity.
Looking forward to see Bowes + Bruhn's impact in the team.

Still quite a while to go :disrelieved:
Cam GuthrieQuad4-6 weeks
Gary RohanBack2-4 weeks

Looking forward to Mullin stepping out on the wide expanses of the ‘G. We did the same with MOC who’s now a 100 odd game Premiership player with some saying we still need to get games into him! Please. Sure he’s there ahead of Cuthrie Bews and Atkins for various reasons but he has the highest ceiling of just about anyone on our list over the next 4 months so I’d rather stick with him and cross our fingers as a speedy small defender is one of the few pieces missing right now.

For all the talk re our midfield it’s not looking too shabby at all, cancel each other out and we have more than enough at either end.

Cats by 25, rain hail or shine.

I gotta say in all the games Mullin has played this year… I don’t really recall thinking that he was costing the team.

He doesn’t really have much of an offensive game but made a few runs last week that looked impressive.

He isn’t keen on kicking though.

What he has is a strong body, clean hands, speedy little steps and keeps his feet with his low to the ground centre of gravity.

I can see it slowly coming together.

Still a long way to go though.

Maybe by the end of the year he will look like a different player, maybe it’ll take a couple more years.

There’s something to work with though for sure and the club must see it or they wouldn’t select him.
Exactly - his game is developing nicely considering his newness to the whole thing.
Very noticeable how clean he is below his knees now and how efficient he’s disposing of it now compared to a few games ago.
Looks to be covering a lot of ground and wow when he puts the jets on he’s lightning.
Love that we’re getting games into the younger guys - long season and I suspect that teams that manage their squads with the full season in mind will be there at the pointy end.
We’ve got a great list if they all stay fit and are available ✅

My son has gone football crazy and ran into the bathroom to tell me that the Swans loss can see us go top of the ladder with a big enough win. Anyone know what score we need to make up 50 points?
Tuggers 82 - Swans 77

Hope you're taking your son to the game tomorrow?

Tuggers 82 - Swans 77

Hope you're taking your son to the game tomorrow?
We are. Very rarely get to a game because he’s either working, playing basketball or playing footy. But no games this weekend so we are taking his sister to her first afl game! Had to promise her donuts to get the deal done! Side note, she follows the dogs.

Very harsh on mannagh i assume its load management more than anything and he will be straight back in on sat in adel. We probably also wanted a run into bowes.

Other than that straightforward changes.
Looking forward to seeing conway.

I doubt parfitt atkins bruhn and bowes all in the same midfield is viable (they are all too similar). But this is a game worth trying it in.
We had a MF comprising Bartel, Kelly, Corey, Ling, GAJ, Rooke- all very similar , apart from GAJ. We just need players who can win the ball.

My son has gone football crazy and ran into the bathroom to tell me that the Swans loss can see us go top of the ladder with a big enough win. Anyone know what score we need to make up 50 points?
Nice introductory algebra problem for him to work it out?

If I haven't messed up it's about 100 points. Eg a scoreline of 143-45 would sneak us on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back