Review Dogs Completely Out Coached By Beveridge: Lose Badly To Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't care what y'all say. I love the Bulldogs. One week they help raise my low BP better than my meds. The next week they take me on a journey back to 1981/82, when I was a mere 29 year old. Next week they'll be taking me back to Perth where I lived 30 years ago. They're not just a team. They're a medicinal time machine.

Things will get better. They always do.

Have a look at the players people are wanting to bring in:
Trengove
Roberts
Lipinski
Jong

The same players that as soon as they are picked. Bring the same issues to the table, slow (minus Jong) and poor skills (minus Lipinski). And are right back on the chopping block the next week.

We just don’t have the cattle to play the way we want to play right now.

That’s why Bev is pumping games into English, Smith and Richards as they actually have the skills to execute the desired game plan moving forward.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

In regards to Trengrove/Roberts it’s not simply a pace/skills thing. It’s mainly a structure. Playing these guys would significantly assist the 3 young KPP who are having too much reliance replaced upon them.

Not to mention it’s implementing these players and removing players who are slow and unskilled such as Wallis/Young/Dunkley/Lloyd.

Just watched Bevos presser, Jesus what a lot of crap. Gives us nothing. I think he’s starting to lose a lot of us fans. Just not good enough his form, the other coaches and the players. “We picked 2 debutants who deserved their spot”. No they bloody didn’t, Lipinski has been banging the door down with Rourke Smith, yet we pick 2 guys who haven’t shown much. We are officially a rabble of a club. 2 1/2 years after a flag, is a bloody disgrace. This is the biggest fall from grace from a flag club in years. Not bloody good enough, and us members that continually pay our memberships, continue to attend games and give our blood, sweat and tears, year after year, deserve heck e n better

Round 3 might have been worse. Didn't think we'd dish up 2 games like that after beating Hawthorn. Bev has lost it in the coaches box and zi know we're only a bunch footy fans on a forum what would we know, but some of the positions he puts our players in make no sense. He needs to do what Richo did, take some constructive criticism from the assistant coaches, and maybe some from Bont and Macrae too.
Gold Coast was bad, but at least we willed ourselves back into the contest. There was no such thing here. It was almost as if we gave up at the start of the fourth quarter. Zero effort.

below is the VFL match report from last week.. Surely 2 of Webb, Trengrove, Lynch, Lepinski, Jong or Williams should get the nod ahead of 2 debutons? Just stupid, arrogant coaching. If I was one of those VFL players, I'd be pretty pissed off.. Lose 2 senior players in Suckers and Durea and he replaced them with rookies who hadn't even played a game.. Does the match committee want to win, or are they tanking? (The mind boggles)

REPORT "Jackson Trengove impressed in the ruck, collecting 26 hit-outs, 26 disposals and kicking two goals, while midfielder Lukas Webb booted two goals, took ten marks and gathered 28 disposals.
Brad Lynch looked comfortable in the midfield and up forward, kicking two goals and taking six marks.
Lin Jong enjoyed a solid first game back from injury, taking seven marks and kicking a goal, while Tom Boyd played limited minutes in his return from a back injury and got through the game unscathed.
Pat Lipinski (one goal, 20 disposals) continued his impressive VFL form, while defender Bailey Williams continued to push his case for a senior recall, taking ten marks and collecting 22 disposals."

One question I've been asking myself for the last 3 seasons is why has Zaine Cordy never seen the CHF position again? Surely swapping him and Naughton could have been tried. I have many questions after today, but this still baffles me.
And McLean never at the centre bounce. Never, even when the other blokes couldn't touch it.
And bring in Trengove FFS

English was completely slaughtered in the ruck. I can't get his feeble performance out of my mind. Except if I think about his performance the previous week. No that didn't help. It was also feeble.

He is too feeble to be an AFL player. Wasted first round pick on display...but not for much longer if there is a God.

Come on now.

I don't mind if I get a ban for posting, but I thought he was pretty solid. Kept Kreuzer very honest around the ground.

Have a look at the players people are wanting to bring in:
Trengove
Roberts
Lipinski
Jong

The same players that as soon as they are picked. Bring the same issues to the table, slow (minus Jong) and poor skills (minus Lipinski). And are right back on the chopping block the next week.

We just don’t have the cattle to play the way we want to play right now.

That’s why Bev is pumping games into English, Smith and Richards as they actually have the skills to execute the desired game plan moving forward.

Trengove was doing ok towards the end of the season. Some suggestions in this thread to make him #1 ruck and partner English in the FP as #2 and give us a bit more height in the 50 metres. I could give it a go on the basis that we have to something.

Roberts has been treated so poorly - if you are never going to pick a player again, have the decency to delist him and put him out of his misery. Basically, he has gone to seed in the VFL and is now just a list clogger.

Lipinski deserves a go.

Jong deserves a go.

There has to be consequences for poor performers and being dropped to the VFL to be replaced by players doing well in the VFL is a tried and tested means for encouraging improvements in performance.

bottom 4 this season.

get rid of bevo already
bloke has his head in space.

Worried were going to lose bont if this crap keeps being served up.
Carlton didn’t lose Cripps during their down years - which haven’t necessarily ended on the back of beating woeful us.

Has Bevo ever been tactically a good coach? Our game style peaked in 2015 and has been in declined ever since. Yes this includes our premiership year. We won by shear determination and belief and Bevo got a lot of players to play at their best or above but in 2015 we played far more attractive and attacking football.

Who was the architect in 2015? Was Montogomery the tactical coach and Bevo the spiritual leader. Every season since Montgomery has been gone our style has deteriotated. Our game style is non existent, we are the most unattractive team to watch by a country mile. Bevo plays favourites as others have mention and appears to be very arrogant. Apart from being a great motivator in 2015/16 what else does he bring to the table. He needs a quality assistant like Ratten or Caracella, take a step back and let the assistants, match committee and recruiters do their job.

Agreed extending him is a major mistake. Thought he accepted his mistakes in 2017 and got it right at selection at the end of last season and we improved. He has now regressed again to early last season. Contrary to others our list is not that bad but our team selection is atrocious. Major changes this year. In skill, height and speed. Out pedestrian mids and mediums with no skills and please bring back Monty

Agree 100% with this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just back from the game with an incredibly disappointed 7 year old son - who will be lost to another team soon if this keeps up, and not sure I’ll blame him.

Firstly, I think Carlton were actually pretty good. They were allowed way too much freedom by an opposition with poor team selection and structure but they exploited it well. McKay played very well, Cripps is unquestionably elite and their top draft picks in midfield has a good day out.

However, if our match committee and coaching department continue like this there’s no option but to change. That’s not saying the head coach needs to go (which would be pretty reactionary) but he’s undoubtedly part of the problem if he thinks he can, for instance, ask English to ruck pretty much solo every week. I haven’t seen the presser but if he’s saying English was ok he’s just not watching the same game I am. If he thinks that’s preventing Tim from taking a hit to his confidence then fine, but what’s worse for the young guy is for him to be exposed like this week after week when he’s plainly not up to it yet.

Going small against a team like Carlton was asking for trouble - compounding it by keeping Cordy on McKay when he was giving him a bath was inept. Schache wasn’t good last week but there are a lot of passengers in this side when they don’t play well, are they going to be dropped this week?

The turnovers trying to kick across the backline are infuriating, and today Caleb’s was a momentum killer at pretty much the only time in the game we looked like pegging them back. That happens to most teams but it feels like we do it at exactly the wrong times. Set shot kicking continues to be pathetic when it matters, but that’s nothing new.

Bevo and the club caught lightning in a bottle a few years back, and it was glorious. What’s happened since has been generally poor, particularly match committee and team selection. We can hang shit on the players - and I do - but they haven’t been put in the best position to win many times in the recent past.

The boys looked arrogant when they played GC, not sure that was the case today - which is even more worrying.

Come on now.

I don't mind if I get a ban for posting, but I thought he was pretty solid. Kept Kreuzer very honest around the ground.

I'm not into banning people. Your opinion is welcome. But I think you got Kreuzer's name wrong. It is correctly "Has-Been" Kreuzer and that's all English kept honest. And keeping him honest means you tried but he beat you.

Easton Wood is about as inspiring as Weet Bix. Got to be bottom 1 or 2 for output in the AFL as a Captain. WTF has happened to all these players since the GF? So many talented and key players have lost interest or left the club.

I don't care what y'all say. I love the Bulldogs. One week they help raise my low BP better than my meds. The next week they take me on a journey back to 1981/82, when I was a mere 29 year old. Next week they'll be taking me back to Perth where I lived 30 years ago. They're not just a team. They're a medicinal time machine.

Things will get better. They always do.

Yeah you're right Chicago, but the problem is we are losing faith right now. Our faith in our mastermind coach of the year has been dropping for 3 years and I reckon it's hit rock bottom. Losing to Carlton by 44 points is rock bottom. All respect to Carlton they played very well, but even on an off day our midfield should be smashing theirs. We cannot kick to the advantage of the forwards to save our lives and I'm sure we're all sitting here wondering why our goal kicking accuracy has gotten progressively worse since 2016, when it was only average then. Why haven't we brought in a Matthew Lloyd or a Dermott Brereton, even if they don't improve us much it's better than doing SFA which is what bevo has been doing.

I don't go to a lot of games. Went to the round 1 game but that's it so far this year. I'm genuinely feeling very deflated after the last three weeks. I guess posting over the top crap is just the way I grieve. Apologies for being annoying.

Hoping for player to be spat on is more than "annoying".
You should have gotten a forced break from here for that comment, but since you obviously haven't, how about you have a self imposed rest.
Might do you good.

When Bevo took the reigns, he started the resurgence on the back of placing his most experienced and coolest heads in the back line. Murph, not o my installed as captain, but a wise old head played at half back. Boyd, a maniacal on baller with a never say die attitude next to him, or to mention Morris as your lockdown and one or more of Adams, Roberts / Hamling.
Add in a high flying 4th, or 5th defender in Wood and a hard running outside flanker in JJ.
All of a sudden our mids grew in confidence and started to spread and our forwards all understood their simple roles (mind you Picko cannot be replaced). We win games playing amazing football.
Whilst some team selections were baffling (the Ayce in the pack for 6 weeks etc), we basically understood who our best 25 players were, but most importantly, the players understood who the best 25 were. The back 7 were predictable to each other. They understood the new system because they had 4500 games between and we all believed we had a messiah in the box.
Today we witnessed the exact opposite of everything that we once did to take us off the bottom of the scrap heap and I’m afraid that nothing will change next week or beyond.

You should have gotten a forced break from here for that comment, but since you obviously haven't, how about you have a self imposed rest.
Might do you good.

Another Comedy Festival Censor? Or you were being tongue in cheek - can be hard to tell with text only communications.

Might do you good.

Come on, that one was obviously taking the piss. Got a few bites. It's not much, but it's honest work.

In AFL you need to be able to kick and sadly our disposal by foot is the worst in the league by far.

This lack of skill in today’s game is a recipe for disaster.

It gives us no chance in most if not all games.

Sadly we do nothing about it Year in year out.

We just focus on the short game. We don't seem to have many players who can kick it long to a teammate's advantage. We have very few players who can position themselves to take advantage of a good long kick.

Look at the bright side

At least we can bring on Schache and Jong!!!!

lol what a shambles the best disintegration of a premiership list in AFL history and we will NEVER know why it needed a rebuild.

Jake and Dahl will be p!ssing themselves watching this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back