Review Dogs Completely Out Coached By Beveridge: Lose Badly To Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Nope. English just won the hitouts against a decent ruck. Why drop him?

Think he he should be no 1 ruck 60/40 with Trengove doing the 40 and resting back on the slowest tall.

If you watch Bevs presser he states that English wasnt decisive either wah in the ruck and you take that with a young ruck. Its not as if he is keeping Scottty Wynd out.

Bev did admit Trengove was a talking point at MC - a polite way of saying at least some of his coaching group want him in to support English. Maybe this game wiĺl sway it for those who want him in.

Ok, I'll take your agree to disagree. I have been to all the home games this season and to me he looks miles off the standard.

Try and find some positives out of that train wreck.

JJ, Crozier I thought we’re good. English needs help but he took some good grabs and ruck taps were better.

That’s it.

Bailey Smith was ok I thought - kick to set up Lloyd goal was sweet.

Other than no injuries I think we've covered the positives.

Dishearteningly brief

I hope they merge us with North Melbourne and relocate that side to Tasmania so I can go and follow a decent side.

Please stop taking the p155.
Do you actually go to games Scrag?
I chose to give up going to a family function to support the team, and they dish up that tripe. So people are angry. Let them be angry.

Sorry but these types of comment poking fun at people who want more from the club are really wearing thin, and it seems to have become some new form of sport.

How about you just go get yourself a barrel full of fish and a pop-gun. You might have more fun...

Theon taking Winterfell with only a handful of men is basically us in 2016.

Today was the removal of the genitals.
I can't wait for our resurgence, only for us to completely pussy out when things get tough and just jump overboard

As much as I agree with most of the brain farts in this tread this is bullshit, this bloke just needs another 50 games as hard as it is to look at them + 15 kg

You may have a point, but won't be that hard as I rarely get the opportunity to watch the VFL.

15kg. That is a lot. The only way he is going to add 15 kilos is if Hird was his coach.

Bont, Daniel, Crozier, Macrae and Gowers (for his marking but not kicking) a pass.

JJ at least tried to create, even if he turned it over.

Wallis was awful again.

Libba well down.

English was killed.

Lloyd kicked two but honestly looked like a VFL player a lot of the time.

Don’t understand the point of Hayes and Young. Both admittedly tried but both are turnover merchants which is the last thing we need.

Most importantly, the only recognised tally in the entire team were English and Naughton. Cordy is basically a 3rd tall. What happens if English goes down?

Need to change the way we do things and quick.

The biggest issue for me is that we essentially need to rebuild our forward line, and to some degree our backline.

Naughton is obviously a great player. Who knows about Boyd/Schache.
Our mid sized forwards are Gowers, Lloyd and Dickson. Dickson is past it or will be very soon and the other two are VFL standard.
We have no dangerous small forwards and have to play guys like Dunkley etc there who just have no goal sense.
This is the reason we miss so many shots - the people we have playing up there just aren’t good enough.

Down the other end, our key position defensive stocks are bare. Completely bare. Cordy is suited to be a third tall only. They refuse to play Roberts who hasn’t played a good game since 2016, Trengove is too slow to play back and who knows with Lewis Young, doesn’t really seem up to it
We are forced to play Wood as a key position player when he isn’t

The issue is we can’t attract players like other clubs to fill these gaps. We identified Wingard, we got Lloyd.

It has to be done via the draft which will take time and who knows if guys like Bont want to hang around for a slow rebuild.

What’s happened to our list since 2016 is mind boggling

I know everyone is jumping on Dunkley, but trust me, don’t. He’s a gun. A dead set gun. He just needs to be played in the midfield not in the ****n ruck.

Who loses mid minutes? Bont, Macrae or Libba?

Which means he plays fwd and stinks it up if he plays.

Alternatively we play Wallis permanent fwd and Dunks takes his minutes (would prefer McLean though) or we drop Wallis instead.

Not sold on Wallis or Dunks in their current roles

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched the press conference, was asked about Libba and he then has a go at the reporter saying you cannot remember the first 5 games. Bevo the facts are that Libba is critical to our midfield and clearances. You swapped him with Gowers and Bailey Williams. Libba should be onball for 75% of his game time minimum. He is just so arrogant and has lost the plot. I agree that I am worried about Bont staying if there is not dramatic improvement. Thank god Naughton signed a long term contract.

Honestly the melts in here and comments by so called supporters of this club make me sick to the stomach. Man up and support your team or f*&# off and support Norf.

I’m taking a break from big footy now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Sorry for being honest! Are we meant to pretend we didn't just watch our worst performance for this half of the decade?

Please stop taking the p155.
Do you actually go to games Scrag?
I chose to give up going to a family function to support the team, and they dish up that tripe. So people are angry. Let them be angry.

Sorry but these types of comment poking fun at people who want more from the club are really wearing thin, and it seems to have become some new form of sport.

How about you just go get yourself a barrel full of fish and a pop-gun. You might have more fun...

I don't go to a lot of games. Went to the round 1 game but that's it so far this year. I'm genuinely feeling very deflated after the last three weeks. I guess posting over the top crap is just the way I grieve. Apologies for being annoying.

Have a look at the players people are wanting to bring in:
Trengove
Roberts
Lipinski
Jong

The same players that as soon as they are picked. Bring the same issues to the table, slow (minus Jong) and poor skills (minus Lipinski). And are right back on the chopping block the next week.

We just don’t have the cattle to play the way we want to play right now.

That’s why Bev is pumping games into English, Smith and Richards as they actually have the skills to execute the desired game plan moving forward.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What’s happened to our list since 2016 is mind boggling

There has certainly been some type of implosion since the 2016 flag. Sadly, it's not without precedent. Within five years of the '54 premiership, the team was unrecognisable. It seems that success - as elusive as it has been in our history - is something we don't really know what to do with when it comes along. There is no conceivable reason why the proverbial wheels should have fallen off our club almost immediately after a premiership.

Let’s play Naughton back, yes he is our best forward but he is only 19 and I am worried that we will ruin the kid. As most would agree, Lockett, Dunstal, Ablett would all struggle to kick goals with our atrocious game plan, forward structure and skill level. Let’s get Boyd fit and Schache back in, surround them with a couple of crumbers or maybe just 1 as we only have 1 on our list FFS and try and build some chemistry, consistency and structure and let Naughts become All Australian CHB

I don't go to a lot of games. Went to the round 1 game but that's it so far this year. I'm genuinely feeling very deflated after the last three weeks. I guess posting over the top crap is just the way I grieve. Apologies for being annoying.

Love yer comments. The humour, be it gallows, bitter-sweet, double irony or whatever is coming out of your stream of consciousness, is appreciated here. I just can't stand the posters who think being constructive means being Ned Flanders.

How the f****k people will blame English or ,Richards is beyond me.
List management
Number 1 Forward line coaching
Bad kicking
Too many same pace players need different dynamics.( a Small fast smart forward goal sneak)
Recruitment
Last year too many slow talls
This year too many slow half backs and midfielders.
And then keeps playing favorites not form.
Webb should play
Lipinski should play.
And Trengrove to help English if no Boyd or Schache.
The latter being the only two ,who have the possibility of saving embarrassment to the entire coaching staff.
Because our forward line isn't functioning
And Bont needs to be Captain
Proactive not reactive.

Sorry for being honest! Are we meant to pretend we didn't just watch our worst performance for this half of the decade?

Round 3 might have been worse. Didn't think we'd dish up 2 games like that after beating Hawthorn. Bev has lost it in the coaches box and zi know we're only a bunch footy fans on a forum what would we know, but some of the positions he puts our players in make no sense. He needs to do what Richo did, take some constructive criticism from the assistant coaches, and maybe some from Bont and Macrae too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back