Autopsy The Good (lol!) The Bad and the Beveridge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunno if Scrags serious or taking the piss, but that would be the first time a caretaker coach has come from outside the team wouldn’t it? In saying that it could be an unprecedented early sacking, so situation may be different than normal where you’re just trying the get through the year we genuinely might still be competing 😳

But it would be a hell of a * you to our other coaching staff and a massive indictment on the management of the club to say hey we don’t have a single coach here we think is competent enough to even manage the rest of this season 😂 not that I’d disagree but surely that would have to spell the end of Grant & Co.

And surely Hawks aren’t letting a high ranking staff member leave to another club mid season with all that IP, and why would Ratten even want to do that, what’s in it for him?

Doesn’t really add up, Im almost certain it’ll be Lade but who knows? Fun rumour
It does seem very unlikely. One possibility is that going through the review the club made an assessment on our assistants - none are capable of stepping up. Still wanted to have a Plan B in place if s**t does hit the fan so may have worded Ratten up to this possibility.

99% Scrag's just taking the piss though.

Dunno if Scrags serious or taking the piss, but that would be the first time a caretaker coach has come from outside the team wouldn’t it? In saying that it could be an unprecedented early sacking, so situation may be different than normal where you’re just trying the get through the year we genuinely might still be competing 😳

But it would be a hell of a * you to our other coaching staff and a massive indictment on the management of the club to say hey we don’t have a single coach here we think is competent enough to even manage the rest of this season 😂 not that I’d disagree but surely that would have to spell the end of Grant & Co.

And surely Hawks aren’t letting a high ranking staff member leave to another club mid season with all that IP, and why would Ratten even want to do that, what’s in it for him?

Doesn’t really add up, Im almost certain it’ll be Lade but who knows? Fun rumour

We'll still be trying to salvage something from the season, which is why an early standing down of Bevo and why we want someone with head coach experience to step straight in. We believe Ratten would serve us better in a finals campaign if we got that far. Regarding Ratten's motivation, he would be backing himself in to win the head coaching gig permanently after the season concludes. If his results were decent for the remainder of the season then he certainly goes into the running. Lade will almost certainly apply for the role too and would be considered.

I’m always slightly terrified when Scrag is the voice of reason!!!

Nervous George Costanza GIF

I've been told by the contact who gave me the Bramble info that Ratten will be coaching the club by round 4 (in a caretaker capacity only) if we don't see huge improvement
I may sound like a goose, but what was the Bramble info? Please explain. Thanks Scrag and don't take the p@ss. :)

Truck Ratten wowee good mail

What’s huge improvement?

Beating GC and WC and losing to Cats so we are 2 2

Losses are easier to make a decision on.

I think this weeks game will speak volumes will be interesting to see the sides willingness to work hard and intensity

I don’t want to sound like I’m questioning you or the integrity of your contacts Scrag, because your Bramble mail changed my life for the better, but if we are going to be faced with paying out Bevo, wouldn’t it be more realistic to pay Lade as caretaker?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

🎣

It does seem very unlikely. One possibility is that going through the review the club made an assessment on our assistants - none are capable of stepping up. Still wanted to have a Plan B in place if s**t does hit the fan so may have worded Ratten up to this possibility.

99% Scrag's just taking the piss though.

Only 99%?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I know you've all had a sh*t of a day but I want to add just one more depressing fact.

We have no first rounder in 2024. We traded it to the Suns.

On what limited form we've seen so far we are every chance to finish bottom 6, but our first draft pick if we finished say 14th (and even that may be optimistic) would be pick 25.

Meanwhile Gold Cost would have pick 5. They must be having a great giggle over this and they look every chance to consolidate their good fortune by walloping us at Ballarat next week.
We'll get one when Smith goes. My mail is he's as good as gone. Geelong.

You made a very good point pages earlier that the club risks losing some big signatures this season. Power has been a mastermind. But he's got a very tough sell at the moment. So many other up and coming teams or established stalwarts.to play for. And we've just burnt a whole preseason to establish a new head coach and game plan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back