Not open for further replies.

Next Waiting

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 19, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
1690586356199.jpeg vs.
7392ea994c3b9ce409a2cb9a729a982369f711f6

And just like the fairytale, good shall triumph.

Sure, the disciples of dickheadery have a few tricks and some good players but we have The Bont and Ballarat.

Big game, season defining is not too much of a stretch. Time to take care of business.

Anyone not looking forward to seeing Cleary?

1:45 on a Saturday is a stupid time for a game

We have so many night games these days, I actually would like some more of these afternoons at Marvel. Although I like 1PM sunday

First meaningful game between the clubs really since 2017. Have a good feeling.

This game will be season defining. Lose and I don't think we make finals. Win and we are still alive and one of our rivals will be eliminated.
Carlton winning last night has made our job tougher to keep 5th spot.
But honestly, if we can't beat GWS at Ballarat then we don't deserve to be in the mix anyway. Shut down Greene and I see no way how they score.
On the flipside we have to make Taylor accountable at all times. Be smart with our entry into the arc, create. simple shots at goal as we know the wind is very flukey there.
I will be very disappointed if we lose, on paper we shouldn't. But, who knows what ideas the coach will go with today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This game will be season defining. Lose and I don't think we make finals. Win and we are still alive and one of our rivals will be eliminated.
But honestly, if we can't beat GWS at Ballarat then we don't deserve to be in the mix anyway. Shut down Greene and I see no way how they score.
On the flipside we have to make Taylor accountable at all times. Be smart with our entry into the arc, create. simple shots at goal as we know the wind is very flukey there.
I will be very disappointed if we lose, on paper we shouldn't. But, who knows what ideas the coach will go with today.

Thanks summarised what was in my head well covered all the points.

As long as we beat the Tigers, Hawks and Weagles I think we do.

I want to win this game too but, curiously, when I was doing the ladder predictor after Carlton's win last night, a 6th or 7th place finish would give us Melbourne finals throughout should we progress (assuming my predictions pan out). A 5th place finish (very likely if we beat GWS today) would give us a Melbourne EF then away in Brisbane followed by away in Adelaide if we were to progress.

So I'm a little torn between the instant gratification that a win today would bring along with an extremely high probability of a home elimination final vs the strong possibility of a home elimination final and a constant run of home finals should we progress.

Instant gratification probably wins out.

1:45 on a Saturday is a stupid time for a game
I seem to remember that this is the same time on that Saturday that the Israelites fought the evil Philistines at Socoh.
“And David put his hand in his bag and took out a stone, and slung it, and struck the Philistine on his forehead; the stone sunk into his forehead, and he fell on his face to the ground.”

My tip - Caleb Daniel for best on today.

Me
As long as we beat the Tigers, Hawks and Weagles I think we do.

I want to win this game too but, curiously, when I was doing the ladder predictor after Carlton's win last night, a 6th or 7th place finish would give us Melbourne finals throughout should we progress (assuming my predictions pan out). A 5th place finish (very likely if we beat GWS today) would give us a Melbourne EF then away in Brisbane followed by away in Adelaide if we were to progress.

So I'm a little torn between the instant gratification that a win today would bring along with an extremely high probability of a home elimination final vs the strong possibility of a home elimination final and a constant run of home finals should we progress.

Instant gratification probably wins out

Melbourne final? What is that?

There is always an interstate club that finishes just above us - we have to play.

Another good reason to win today.

I seem to remember that this is the same time on that Saturday that the Israelites fought the evil Philistines at Socoh.
“And David put his hand in his bag and took out a stone, and slung it, and struck the Philistine on his forehead; the stone sunk into his forehead, and he fell on his face to the ground.”

My tip - Caleb Daniel for best on today.
Yeah what a total bummer that day was. I had 6 camels on the Philistines to nab that one.

It's not we can or should beat GWS, it's we must. They are a genuine rival in terms of making the 8 and of doing anything meaningful if we make it. We shouldn't be relying on beating the next few opponents to make finals, this game really determines if we are good enough to even be there. GWS are in very good form and our true test is now, today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back