Autopsy The Good (lol!) The Bad and the Beveridge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course we claim credit. As we should. Tigers took our system and made it their own.

You can keep posting the same irrelevant article over and over if you want to. All good šŸ‘

Sigh. Youre so tediously of a certain type of poster that drags on the forum. Never ever fail to post snark if someone disagrees with you.

Its a trump-like mix of arrogance and insecurity that simply cant handle lack of affirmation.

You know how adults interact Charlie? One says something and another says a different thing and they leave it at that..., and they dont have to go nyah nyah afterwards!

Sigh. Youre so tediously of a certain type of poster that drags on the forum. Never ever fail to post snark if someone disagrees with you.

Its a trump-like mix of arrogance and insecurity that simply cant handle lack of affirmation.

You know how adults interact Charlie? One says something and another says a different thing and they leave it at that..., and they dont have to go nyah nyah afterwards!

You responded to my original post telling me I was wrong, and then proceeded to share an article from Jake Niall as proof.

You then doubled down on that with your second response.

Not sure why youā€™re now upset with how I responded.

12th here: the aggregate of 15 different statistical models:

Fox Footy has us 13th

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...s/news-story/a99e70047627d148b449ce4a478e3dd4

"we are underperforming with the players we have" is exactly my point. That implies an expectation of high performance, and the recognition of talented as talented also is something that is attributed to Beveridge. And at the end of the day being the 12th best team with an expectation of being the 8th or whatever isn't better than being the 12th best team with the expectation that you would be 15th or whatever, it's equal, because either way you're the 12th best team.
Eww they rate GWS and Melb highest.
They don't say how they arrive at the aggregate result and Fox just say ......

"What are the Power Rankings? This is our attempt to rank every AFL club from best to worst. We take wins and losses into account, but also the quality of opposition faced and whether teams are likely to get healthier or improve going forward. Itā€™s a little bit ā€˜whoā€™s hot and whoā€™s notā€™; part predictive, part analysis of whatā€™s happened. If Team A is above Team B, weā€™d probably tip A to win if they were playing at a neutral venue this weekend".

So they don't say what the ratings are based on other than W/L record and form. Are they accounting for potential best performance / expectation and do they mean current rating or predicted end of year position? The Fox one seems a combo of all of that

I would say while being 12th isn't great any time, it's better to be 12th with expectation of 15th rather than 8th as hopefully it means the side are trying harder / developing better and / or being better coached.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you are saying with >>>

"we are underperforming with the players we have" is exactly my point. That implies an expectation of high performance, and the recognition of talented as talented also is something that is attributed to Beveridge.

Are you agreeing we are underperforming given our list?
What is you expectation of our ladder position if we were performing to the best of our abilities?
I would have thought 5th to 7th, possibly higher if we found the magic spark again.

But thatā€™s the point, he isnā€™t good at player development. Is Weightman reaching his potential? Naughton? Jamarra? Smith? Busslinger? Richards? West? Darcy? Do you honestly think that Bevo will help Saunders and Croft reach their potential? The only player that looks like he reached his potential was English and even he looks like he has gone backwards this season.
One game in haha

Relax

H
He was "handed" three top 10 draft picks: Bont, Macrae, Stringer. But what's not to say that he didn't make them into superstars? Bont, for instance, immediately became an excellent player from his very first games under Bevo - six brownlow votes in his first two games in his second season.

Thinking that ... player development ... doesn't exist ... or that the coach has no role in player development ... is kind of ridiculous.
Bevo had Simon Dalrymple plucking good players late in the draft and rookie draft.
Time will tell but it looks like Dalrymple has worked his magic at Sydney as well.
I think without Dalrymple we would still be waiting for our second flag.

I've been told by the contact who gave me the Bramble info that Ratten will be coaching the club by round 4 (in a caretaker capacity only) if we don't see huge improvement

Whatā€™s huge improvement?

Beating GC and WC and losing to Cats so we are 2 2

Losses are easier to make a decision on.

I think this weeks game will speak volumes will be interesting to see the sides willingness to work hard and intensity

As solid as Scragey Boys ITK info is, I just canā€™t see Ratten leaving a steady assistant role for the uncertainty of a caretaker coach role.

I can see us pulling the pin in that time frame though if things continue the way they are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Iā€™d put good money on Lade being HC next year, not that I want him to just on the fact he will almost certainly coach this year out and probably get the team going to the standard they should be at, which in comparison to old mate he will look like an absolute genius and gods gift to coaching.

Iā€™d put good money on Lade being HC next year, not that I want him to just on the fact he will almost certainly coach this year out and probably get the team going to the standard they should be at, which in comparison to old mate he will look like an absolute genius and gods gift to coaching.
I don't want any coach that has had any links to the Saints coaching the Bulldogs

On CPH2305 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've been told by the contact who gave me the Bramble info that Ratten will be coaching the club by round 4 (in a caretaker capacity only) if we don't see huge improvement

I donā€™t want to sound like Iā€™m questioning you or the integrity of your contacts Scrag, because your Bramble mail changed my life for the better, but if we are going to be faced with paying out Bevo, wouldnā€™t it be more realistic to pay Lade as caretaker?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Dunno if Scrags serious or taking the piss, but that would be the first time a caretaker coach has come from outside the team wouldnā€™t it? In saying that it could be an unprecedented early sacking, so situation may be different than normal where youā€™re just trying the get through the year we genuinely might still be competing šŸ˜³

But it would be a hell of a * you to our other coaching staff and a massive indictment on the management of the club to say hey we donā€™t have a single coach here we think is competent enough to even manage the rest of this season šŸ˜‚ not that Iā€™d disagree but surely that would have to spell the end of Grant & Co.

And surely Hawks arenā€™t letting a high ranking staff member leave to another club mid season with all that IP, and why would Ratten even want to do that, whatā€™s in it for him?

Doesnā€™t really add up, Im almost certain itā€™ll be Lade but who knows? Fun rumour

I understand their soft cap issues but it blows my mind Simpson is still chugging along under the radar. Heā€™s achieved no more than Bevo at his best but has turned them into the 2011 Suns and everyone just seems to have moved on.

Dunno if Scrags serious or taking the piss, but that would be the first time a caretaker coach has come from outside the team wouldnā€™t it? In saying that it could be an unprecedented early sacking, so situation may be different than normal where youā€™re just trying the get through the year we genuinely might still be competing šŸ˜³

But it would be a hell of a * you to our other coaching staff and a massive indictment on the management of the club to say hey we donā€™t have a single coach here we think is competent enough to even manage the rest of this season šŸ˜‚ not that Iā€™d disagree but surely that would have to spell the end of Grant & Co.

And surely Hawks arenā€™t letting a high ranking staff member leave to another club mid season with all that IP, and why would Ratten even want to do that, whatā€™s in it for him?

Doesnā€™t really add up, Im almost certain itā€™ll be Lade but who knows? Fun rumour

Definitely not unprecedented
šŸ›žšŸ›žšŸ›žšŸ›ž šŸ˜

This might be very well true, as I have no 'mail' to the contrary, but it would surprise me only due to my belief (which could be untrue) that Ratten and Bevo are friends.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back