Autopsy Dogs 77 lose to Pies 89

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it wrong that I want Pies to win the flag? Just a fun loving team who goes about things the right way I’m not sure how you can’t have a bit of a soft spot for this current side, and I’d usually wish death on anyone outside of our club. Talent everywhere, even where there’s not there’s just full buy in and a genuine want to play good footy & win. No real egos in the side (well Cox aside, * Cox) just admiration for most of their stars like Moore, Pendles, Daicos

Would be a tragedy if a bunch of campaigners like Brisbane, Port or god *ing forbid Melbourne beat these guys.

I’m very very jealous of their fans being given that sort of football week in week out, imagine what Mccrae would do with our list
For a change I agree with you

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Is it wrong that I want Pies to win the flag? Just a fun loving team who goes about things the right way I’m not sure how you can’t have a bit of a soft spot for this current side, and I’d usually wish death on anyone outside of our club. Talent everywhere, even where there’s not there’s just full buy in and a genuine want to play good footy & win. No real egos in the side (well Cox aside, * Cox) just admiration for most of their stars like Moore, Pendles, Daicos

Would be a tragedy if a bunch of campaigners like Brisbane, Port or god *ing forbid Melbourne beat these guys.

I’m very very jealous of their fans being given that sort of football week in week out, imagine what Mccrae would do with our list
Don't want to overstay my welcome, but just on macrae he's a real life Ted lasso in many ways. Just positivity. This collingwood is different to us as well. Always had a soft spot for the dogs. By the way, how was Tom libba suppose to make an attempt to clear the ball in the 2nd qtr most baffling decision. Good luck in the finals

I've never minded Collingwood. Probably because the teams with supporters who have a hatred for them are the teams I hate!

I've never minded Collingwood. Probably because the teams with supporters who have a hatred for them are the teams I hate!
I’ve definitely softened towards them in recent years, to the point where I hope they win it this year (I don’t think we can 😢). Mind you I’ll switch off when the final siren goes 😉

Arty Jones would have been handy instead of McNeil. His pressure and pace bring us something different. He's a 1s player he will never dominate the 2s
I kept thinking last night when they were chipping it around that he would be right up in their faces. He needed a spell in the twos, but it's time to bring him back

This run on wasn't so bad in my book because we got good shots through JUH that he just butchered. He nails one or two that he should have and its game on again.

Pretty happy with the effort all round
We definitely had opportunities to score which would have stemmed some of the bleeding in that period. We just didn't put it on the board and they did and that was the difference in the match

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve been sort of fine with Lobbs season, he’s definitely been a big positive in the ruck but * at this point if we want a 2nd ruckman who does literally nothing else we may as well just play Sweet.

I just don’t think you can carry a 200cm bloke who can’t *in catch the thing. Darcy has to come in, for what we’ll lose in the ruck at least he will bring an aerial presence which is more important IMO

Lobb will be needed again, but for now Darcy

I’ve been sort of fine with Lobbs season, he’s definitely been a big positive in the ruck but * at this point if we want a 2nd ruckman who does literally nothing else we may as well just play Sweet.

I just don’t think you can carry a 200cm bloke who can’t *in catch the thing. Darcy has to come in, for what we’ll lose in the ruck at least he will bring an aerial presence which is more important IMO

Lobb will be needed again, but for now Darcy
Darcy for Lobb is what should happen. I think Bevo will take the less controversial option of replacing JOD with Darcy.

Keep reading that Keath is past it and West is too slow and genuinely think people watch a different game each week.

Keath was our best defender by miles and West had them genuinely terrified with his pressure and presence.
I too wish people would stop misreading West's skill set.

yes he is a little slow in open play and gets exposed defensively on transition at times, but he has elite agility, incredibly low centre of gravity (cork in the ocean), and is nippy for his first 5 or so yards. pretty strong too. disposal is ok. decent goal sense.

overall he has enough elite characteristics to make it, but still raw and learning how to best utilise his talents.

The most important stat is that they got 7 goals to 1 from stoppages. A lot of that is on English. Interesting to hear Bevo mention of the 12 centre clearances we won, 10 went straight to the Pies after we took first possession
That's mainly due to our penchant to just bomb it forward after taking first possession. Rather than chaining out and delivering effectively

Cody started well and finished well but inbetween Quanyor gave him an absolute bath, was nowhere near him on all his intercepts.
That is by design though aggressive positioning, which our kicking wasn't good enough to punish. When we bomb it in without depth plays into the Pies game plan. And starts the chain of blasting forward from D50

pre match didn't want a brave loss, yep got the brave loss, margin a little flattering (though expected score apparently 79 v 79)

just some frustrated thoughts:

we kept them to just 45 'Inside 50s' but opposition efficiency is nearly always better than ours

Relative efficiency i50 is an important part of it. Well worth discussing.

My take is that not all i50s are equal. Ours are often laboured, crablike and slow which allows opponents to retreat and set up their defensive structure, crowd our f50, etc. This means we get poor returns for our repeat entries.

Meanwhile our opponents often zip the ball through the corridor into an open f50, catching out our high press and allowing far higher quality entries.

If this is correct there’s no point moaning about how we dominated i50s. That’s only half the picture. The goals do NOT kick themselves. We have to change the system.

I think OG might have already provided some stats on this a few weeks back.

Last edited:
I too wish people would stop misreading West's skill set.

yes he is a little slow in open play and gets exposed defensively on transition at times, but he has elite agility, incredibly low centre of gravity (cork in the ocean), and is nippy for his first 5 or so yards. pretty strong too. disposal is ok. decent goal sense.

overall he has enough elite characteristics to make it, but still raw and learning how to best utilise his talents.
Kicks with speed through the air and gets penetration. Not many others in our team do that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back