Toast Alex Keath

Remove this Banner Ad

Coming along very nicely. Our best defender at the moment with Hartigan being Hartigan and Talia getting beaten.

He plays on the edge and almost gives away 50's but gets away with it mostly.

Closing speed is impressive, he has a very rounded game to boot.

Was cautiously optimistic when we signed him and now it's all coming up roses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Keath. He's got some very solid trademarks. What lets him down sometimes is his ball-handling -- a bit fumbly. Nevertheless, he is definitely having a breakout season - which at 27 he needs to be having. His progress is definitely making up a little for Doedee's absence.

There weren't heaps but you're right, some were calling for harto over Keath. Keath showed these signs early in the SANFL. It seemed pretty obvious he had something.

perhaps the few were just extremely vocal, I just recall seeing it week after week in gameday and selection threads.

I recall receiving some flack when I suggested after Keath and Greenwood’s first trial game for the Twos,
“If they can reach AFL fitness and not get injured they will be very good AFL players”. Unlike most Cat B rookies they are natural footballers with X-factor (even the very astute Marty took a couple of years before accepting that Greenwood might have a future in the AFL).

Unfortunately injury slowed down Keath’s progress, THE MIGHTY THOR not so much. If Alex remains healthy and can get a solid run of games he will just get better and better.

I really enjoyed the comments from many of the usual suspects (cough....Marty....cough) that Keath would not make it after his first AFL game and Harry Taylor “kicked FIVE goals on him” (well it was actually two).

Hopefully we will see a Cat B revival to our 2019 season!

Keath Stats for the week, after 5 rounds of AFL, Alex Keath has 45 intercept possessions, which is good enough for outright 4th in the AFL. 1st place is James Sicily who is only 4 infront of Keath!

Also equal 11th in the AFL for contested marks.

Which is why I'd like to see him moved forward if we are too tall in defence once Doedee comes back

We need more Cat Bs!

Keath has been a shining light this year so far and would be comfortably be in our top 5 BnF. Only 27 so still has a few years of good footy left in him too.

We need more Cat Bs!

Keath has been a shining light this year so far and would be comfortably be in our top 5 BnF. Only 27 so still has a few years of good footy left in him too.
I'd be shocked if he wasn't streaks ahead in the B&F after 5 weeks. Sloane and Brad might be the only ones who have a claim otherwise!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back