Toast Alex Keath

Remove this Banner Ad

This bloke has probably been our biggest positive for 2019. His marking has improved out of sight.

This bloke has probably been our biggest positive for 2019. His marking has improved out of sight.

Amazing what happens when you actually invest a few games into a talented player. Everyone kept saying about Hartigan "just wait till he gets to 50games", he does and he's just not that good, yet we wouldn't invest games into Keath because Hartigan was the "safer" option.

He would be criticised and peopled called for him to dropped because apparently being made a fool of by Lance Franklin in your second game of AFL just isn't good enough. :rolleyes:

Very happy to see Keath doing well, is a great lad to boot. Hopefully he can remain fit.

Amazing what happens when you actually invest a few games into a talented player. Everyone kept saying about Hartigan "just wait till he gets to 50games", he does and he's just not that good, yet we wouldn't invest games into Keath because Hartigan was the "safer" option.

He would be criticised and peopled called for him to dropped because apparently being made a fool of by Lance Franklin in your second game of AFL just isn't good enough. :rolleyes:

Very happy to see Keath doing well, is a great lad to boot. Hopefully he can remain fit.

He was great but he needs to improve his awareness when he gets the ball. He slows the game down to much. Also it must be a team thing to pass back and across continually.

He was great but he needs to improve his awareness when he gets the ball. He slows the game down to much. Also it must be a team thing to pass back and across continually.
He knows his limits, it's not up to him to create

Feel like this sums it up really well.

Positions himself well, able to do his thing defensively but the waiting/holding is pretty frustrating at times and I think it's a team thing for whatever silly reason.

He's a surprisingly good kick. There's something awkward looking about him, but it seems to come off most of the time.

Also, how nice is it to have a tall defender with some genuine pace? That run down to get a finger on his opponent at just the right moment was exceptional. Pity his teammates all let him down.

He'd have to be leading the B&F count at this point.

He's a surprisingly good kick. There's something awkward looking about him, but it seems to come off most of the time.

Also, how nice is it to have a tall defender with some genuine pace? That run down to get a finger on his opponent at just the right moment was exceptional. Pity his teammates all let him down.

He'd have to be leading the B&F count at this point.

Go pretty close, I reckon.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Keath ever rucked?

Left field but he could provide some mobility and he can mark.
Said this 2 weeks ago after Sauce went down. 6'6 and 93kg, the guy looks like he can jump and time the ball beautifully as well.

It would be a shame to lose him from the backline, but I'd love too see him go through the ruck this season. Even if its just for an experiment

Quickest player on the park Sat night. Has some serious wheels when he needs to and has easily been our most consistent and reliable performer in defense.

Was a KP forward as a junior. Don't think he played in the ruck

Quickest player on the park Sat night. Has some serious wheels when he needs to and has easily been our most consistent and reliable performer in defense.
Hmmm, anyone thinking what I'm thinking? Is our next small forward to replace Jenkins sitting right under our noses?

*not serious*

Hmmm, anyone thinking what I'm thinking? Is our next small forward to replace Jenkins sitting right under our noses?
Has occurred to me before. But "he hasn't trained with the forwards", just like "Murphy hasn't trained with the defenders"

Doesn't mind a contested mark either. Don't see him as a chop out ruck though

I get it from 1 perspective, however Don has always maintained he wants players who are competent in number of positions. Sometimes I wish they'd just throw caution to wind and really mix it up, let the players go for it and see what happens (even if its only for a quarter)

I would like to see Keath, Fogarty & Himmelberg in the side with Talia & Walker/Jenkins

Gives us 3 players we can swing both ends if necessary... though I would be playing Fog mainly CHF, Keath CHB & Himmelberg in Doedee's role.

I think most would be surprised with his defensive/aerial nous (9th in the league in total intercepts, 10th in contested marks). That said with the increased pressure on him his skills have definitely suffered (top 20 clangers/turnovers). Nonetheless he's been a great find and has been working his backside off in games which is great to see.

We should not be playing keith harto kelly and talia in the same team. Keith is the best kick off the 4 but he still has no composure with ball in hand. That second where he thinks about kicking the ball is crucial. He thinks and decides to kick backwards. The safe option. We are playing 4 players that do this. Tag laird and Smith and our half back line is screwed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back