Movie Avengers - Endgame

Remove this Banner Ad

Just read an interesting point:

Captain goes back in time to shack up with Peggy and have a life...What about his supposed new hookup, Sharon Carter? She left behind to deal with being ditched?

it’s also interesting in the context of Winter Soldier, where an elderly Peggy is shown with those photo frames around her of her family and children.

So whoever her husband was/was going to be also is affected. So many paradoxes when talking about time travel.

Really think these movies need new threads on release for spoiler talk, last few pages are a pain to read.

Vision is dead. He's not coming back (at least not in the way all the others came back). His death was at the hands of Thanos pulling the mind stone from his head, not because of the snap. Goneski.

Gamora bailed I take it in the wash up of the battle. It's "past" Gamora not the Gamora who got sacrificed for the soul stone so she hasn't got any affection for Quill. I'm assuming GotG3 will be at least in part about how they track her down and bring her back in to the fold.

Also gives them a handy out if Zoe Saldana isnt coming back for future GotG movies, or even wants a break. Will be interresting to see how the MCU changes now.

Will Thor become a GotG? They've been playing up his humour for awhile now so wont be surprised. No need for another Thor stand alone movie.

Does Loki escaping with the Tesseract act as a resurection? He has a TV series coming so may play into that.

Speaking of TV series Vision and Scarlett Witch are also doing one so not sure how Vision gets brought back for that.

Does Hawkeye retire now without Black Widow and with his family back? Could leave the next avengers movie as something like Captain America (Sam Wilson), Spider-Man, Ant Man, Doctor Strange, Black Panther.

Seeing Professor Hulk was awesome but if he gets much more screen time I still hope something happens to revert him to the more traditional Hulk. Get the feeling he could leave the Avengers but would love a stand alone movie for him, change genres again and do something solo and dramatic. A real scary Hulk.

A nice touch having Bucky and Wilson side by side when Rogers returns and having Bucky tell Wilson to step forward (seeing as both have been CA in the comics). Also feels right that Rogers would be aged but still alive seeing as he is still a super soldier.

Will it be as believable seeing Wislon throw the shield around without Roger's powers?

One last question in a very long ramble, did Steve stay with Carter or only have the one dance? First instinct is of course he got the life he always wanted with the love of his life but it does stretch credability with how it affected the time line, wiping out Carter's previous life starting SHIELD etc. And Rogers chose not to talk about it, maybe we'll find out later the timeline wasn't affected because Rogers didn't stay with Carter.

Last edited:
Really think these movies need new threads on release for spoiler talk, last few pages are a pain to read.

Also gives them a handy out if Zoe Saldana isnt coming back for future GotG movies, or even wants a break. Will be interresting to see how the MCU changes now.

Will Thor become a GotG? They've been playing up his humour for awhile now so wont be surprised. No need for another Thor stand alone movie.

Does Loki escaping with the Tesseract act as a resurection? He has a TV series coming so may play into that.

Speaking of TV series Vision and Scarlett Witch are also doing one so not sure how Vision gets brought back for that.

Does Hawkeye retire now without Black Widow and with his family back? Could leave the next avengers movie as something like Captain America (Sam Wilson), Spider-Man, Ant Man, Doctor Strange, Black Panther.

Seeing Professor Hulk was awesome but if he gets much more screen time I still hope something happens to revert him to the more traditional Hulk. Get the feeling he could leave the Avengers but would love a stand alone movie for him, change genres again and do something solo and dramatic. A real scary Hulk.

A nice touch having Bucky and Wilson side by side when Rogers returns and having Bucky tell Wilson to step forward (seeing as both have been CA in the comics). Also feels right that Rogers would be aged but still alive seeing as he is still a super soldier.

Will it be as believable seeing Wislon throw the shield around without Roger's powers?

One last question in a very long ramble, did Steve stay with Carter or only have the one dance? First instinct is of course he got the life he always wanted with the love of his life but it does stretch credability with how it affected the time line, wiping out Carter's previous life starting SHIELD etc. And Rogers chose not to talk about it, maybe we'll find out later the timeline wasn't affected because Rogers didn't stay with Carter.

you raise a good question whether Steve actually stayed with Peggy or not. I think it’s implied that he did, with reference to his wedding ring.

However it isn’t explicitly clear whether his wife was Peggy or not (the presumption thought is yes it was).

I liken it similar to the ending of The Dark Knight Rises, where an alive Bruce Wayne is seen in that Italian cafe with Selina. A nice little image to view, however the more you think about it, the more questions are raised as to how plausible it actually is.

you raise a good question whether Steve actually stayed with Peggy or not. I think it’s implied that he did, with reference to his wedding ring.

However it isn’t explicitly clear whether his wife was Peggy or not (the presumption thought is yes it was).

I liken it similar to the ending of The Dark Knight Rises, where an alive Bruce Wayne is seen in that Italian cafe with Selina. A nice little image to view, however the more you think about it, the more questions are raised as to how plausible it actually is.

Absolutely, the MCU isn't Inception where every twist and turn has to make sense. If they've created some timeline issues, don't think to hard about it. But still its an interesting option.

Re: comments about Peggy's family- I think they still exist. That past still happened, Sharon was still born etc. It's like there's an extra dimension to time maybe? It is a bit of a tricky one.

But then Rogers should have lived his life out in that new dimension, he shouldn't have been able to walk back in if this dimension was the one with Peggy's family etc. Like I said above just an interesting question, the MCU could easily leave it at, don't worry about it.

Absolutely hated it. Worst movie I've seen in a while.
Killing off Thanos basically straight away was stupid. Took away any sense of danger for the next 90 odd minutes and turned it into a shitty D-grade comedy that relies on a sensitive Hulk and a fat Thor smashing cans to get laughs. Then it suddenly dawns on them 5 years later to invent time travel, which Tony then achieves in like a few days, but they can only use if once or twice for some reason. Then all those characters that supposedly died in the last one magically came back to life for the happy ending, taking away any weight from their previous death. The time travel thing stopped me from giving a s**t whether they won or not. Why care if they succeed if they can just have another go?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For all of the discussion about the kid from IM3 -

They are clearly setting up for a Young Avengers arc, IM3 kid will be Iron Lad, it'll have Hawkeyes daughter and Ant Mans daughter, however it may not be a movie but a show for Disney

IIRC Vision was bought back from death by the Young Avengers as well.
Could tie that series and the supposed Vision/Scarlett Witch series together

But then Rogers should have lived his life out in that new dimension, he shouldn't have been able to walk back in if this dimension was the one with Peggy's family etc. Like I said above just an interesting question, the MCU could easily leave it at, don't worry about it.
Yep you're definitely right, if you are following the version of time travel they set up in the movie - that you can't change your present by changing the past and changing the past doesnt change your present then... Captain America couldn't have lived out in that timeline with Peggy and then just wandered over to place where they teleported out to meet them there to tell them what he did. Potentially.. he could have waited the whole time, lived out his life with Peggy in what is now a new timeline, and then teleported back to the Avengers timeline (but then why didn't he appear back on the little quantum realm teleporter thing they built? Or the photos next to Peggy were always Captain America and throughout all of the MCU there have been two caps.?

Absolutely, the MCU isn't Inception where every twist and turn has to make sense. If they've created some timeline issues, don't think to hard about it. But still its an interesting option.

yes true, because the more you think about it the more issues you find. Such as how recognisable Cap is, he was the poster boy of WW2 and an icon of that era. Was featured in countless materials of propaganda.

His face would be recognised wherever he went. Which is why I likened it to the ending of TDKR, Bruce Wayne would be instantly recognised especially being seen in an Italian cafe. Anyway, best to leave it there.

There is Thor 4 confirmed btw..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back