Preview Rnd 6 - Carlton v Hawthorn Sunday April 28th 3.20PM @ UTAS - Team Post #1331

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also pointed out Kennedy was out of form.

Kennedy in as a mid - slow, can't spread, doesn't impact when pushed forward, offers nothing we aren't getting elsewhere and is out of form
Kennedy in as a forward - doesn't really work
Cunners in as a mid - great speed and burst from stoppage, can go forward, is dangerous on the outside has shown great form.
Cunners in as a forward - dangerous around goals, good crumber and around the stoppage and put on good defensive pressure.

Are you going to finally offer a reason for Kennedy?

And again you raise the Fasolo argument, I counter it and then you ignore it. It is as if you no you have no leg to stand on but want to argue anyway.

So Kennedy out of form, yet Cuners played one good half against the Tigers, went missing in the 2nd half and now hasn't played in 4 weeks

So Cuners is more in form than Kennedy, is that what you are saying?

I change only ...

IN: Charlie Curnow
OUT: Cameron Polson

B: Dale Thomas, Liam Jones, Caleb Marchbank
HB: Nic Newman, Jacob Weitering, Lachie Plowman
C: Marc Murphy, Patrick Cripps, Sam Walsh
HF: Sam Petrevski-Seton, Harry McKay, Lochie O’Brien
F: Michael Gibbons, Mitch McGovern, Ed Curnow
FOL: Matthew Kreuzer, Paddy Dow, Zac Fisher

I/C: Kade Simpson, Levi Casboult, Charlie Curnow, Jack Silvagni

EMG: David Cuningham, Jarrod Garlett, Matthew Kennedy, Cameron Polson

Them ...

IN: Ben Stratton, Liam Shiels, Tim O’Brien
OUT: Harry Morrison, David Mirra, Conor Nash

B Blake Hardwick, Kaiden Brand, Jarman Impey
HB Tom Scully, Ben Stratton, Jack Gunston
C Isaac Smith, Jaeger O’Meara, Daniel Howe
HF Paul Puopolo, Mitchell Lewis, James Sicily
F Luke Breust, Chad Wingard, Jarryd Roughead

FOL Ben McEvoy, James Worpel, Ricky Henderson

I/C Jack Scrimshaw, James Cousins, Liam Shiels, Tim O’Brien

EMG Harry Morrison, Conor Nash, Jonathon Ceglar, David Mirra

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100% agree. At the moment we are trying to strike a balance between development and performance. As for DC he is definitely ahead of Polson at this stage IMO BUT both have played less than 20 games. Just that Cuningham has missed a month of football. The club will decide if he's ready and if it's the best thing or not. None of know what's happening internally and Kidney injuries are tough.

I look at it as more than this week. The sooner Polson, DC and others get to 30 plus games the better for all.

As I have said numerous times I just don't see his selection as a certainty. So many variables and so much we don't know. Seems as though some of us are discussing possibilities and some seem to be so called certainties

PS It is nice to be discussing genuine selection options though. Imagine how the next few weeks will be :oops:
That’s 2019 in a nutshell for me Soap, and it’s a delicate balancing act for the Match Committee and coaching staff to strike. I think that whatever wins we can manage this year are vital, not just for sustaining morale and building confidence throughout the entire club and support base, but just as importantly for cutting the coaches some slack to concentrate on the development part of the equation.

Out of the extended squad that we’ve announced, tbh I can pretty much live with whatever permutation we go for with the final 22. The only thing I will say is that if Charlie comes back in, I’d like to see us trying him up the ground, playing mostly between the arcs, because I wouldn’t want his inclusion to interfere too much with the decent forward structures that we saw against the Dogs.

I’m really looking forward to this game, albeit a little nervously, because I think it will tell us a lot about how we’re maturing both as a playing group, and at the level of our coaches. Re the latter, I thought that what Chris Scott said on 360 about Clarko was interesting - that is, that you almost have to beat him several times within the one game, because if you get on top at any stage, Clarko won’t just sit on his hands and see how it plays out; instead he’ll change things enough to ensure that you have to answer a whole other set of questions. Bolts and co will need to be on their toes on Sunday, but I think they will be, and I definitely give us a real chance of winning this one. If we do, then with an imploding Norf on the radar next week, it might just get tempting to dig the old “They Know We’re Coming” t-shirts out of their mothballls ... even though I know that would be premature, because apart from Duck and Derm they don’t yet realise that we’re coming, but imo they will do within 12 months. Go Blues!

So Kennedy out of form, yet Cuners played one good half against the Tigers, went missing in the 2nd half and now hasn't played in 4 weeks

So Cuners is more in form than Kennedy, is that what you are saying?

How many games has Kennedy played in the last 5 weeks?

Cuningham played 3 really good games in the pre-season - Kennedy didn't play 1. Cuningham played a good game in round 1. Kennedy has played a could of oridnary game sin the VFL and 1 good one against a very ordinary side.

So yes I would take Cuningham over Kennedy on form. As well as all the other reasons I have outlined.

Where is your positive arugment for Kennedy?

Like many, I would have liked to have seen Cuningham get a run, but my God, with Charlie named, we're already much better (on paper, at least) than last week.

That’s 2019 in a nutshell for me Soap, and it’s a delicate balancing act for the Match Committee and coaching staff to strike. I think that whatever wins we can manage this year are vital, not just for sustaining morale and building confidence throughout the entire club and support base, but just as importantly for cutting the coaches some slack to concentrate on the development part of the equation.

Out of the extended squad that we’ve announced, tbh I can pretty much live with whatever permutation we go for with the final 22. The only thing I will say is that if Charlie comes back in, I’d like to see us trying him up the ground, playing mostly between the arcs, because I wouldn’t want his inclusion to interfere too much with the decent forward structures that we saw against the Dogs.

I’m really looking forward to this game, albeit a little nervously, because I think it will tell us a lot about how we’re maturing both as a playing group, and at the level of our coaches. Re the latter, I thought that what Chris Scott said on 360 about Clarko was interesting - that is, that you almost have to beat him several times within the one game, because if you get on top at any stage, Clarko won’t just sit on his hands and see how it plays out; instead he’ll change things enough to ensure that you have to answer a whole other set of questions. Bolts and co will need to be on their toes on Sunday, but I think they will be, and I definitely give us a real chance of winning this one. If we do, then with an imploding Norf on the radar next week, it might just get tempting to dig the old “They Know We’re Coming” t-shirts out of their mothballls ... even though I know that would be premature, because apart from Duck and Derm they don’t yet realise that we’re coming, but imo they will do within 12 months. Go Blues!

100% agree. If I could do more I would

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back