Preview Rnd 1 - Carlton v Richmond Thursday 14th March 7.30PM @ MCG - Team Stickied

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is not the thread but thinking more people will be looking at this today.

A shout out to anybody here that may have purchased tickets to gather round in Adelaide.

Have you received or can you print your tickets as yet ?

I have purchased mine and have a confirmation from Ticketek however it says print at home
but there is no link and I cant?

Appreciate if any body has same issue.

I understand it maybe they have not been sent yet but it is getting closer and would be good to know.

You can't ring them and have sent several emails and no response.

Thanks

Last edited:

Wow.. for a "rebuilding" side Richmond's list profile is horrendous.

Blues supporters recognise this instantly. We had a shitty profile many years back and it has taken a long time to get it right. It's not just the aging list with little quality coming immediately under those about to drop off. It's foregoing the draft to get in players in the second half of their careers, when your fortunes are on the slide. It's the level of quality of those you are looking to hand the keys to in 5 years time.

No star player wanting success is going to Richmond as a free agent, for many years to come.

6sng5a.gif

Who plays on him tonight? Young?

While Young was good last week that matchup gives me the 5 goal heebie jeebies.

Why? Daniher bigger and better than the 2024 version of Lynch....

He last played Rd 4 last year....turning 32 this year.....

Dusty?

"The 32-year-old is dealing with a corked calf"

"Irrelevant of playing Gold Coast, it's round one and he wants to get started. But we've just got to be really smart (with Martin)." Martin will join Tom Lynch (foot) and skipper Toby Nankervis (plantar fasciitis) in missing the opening round."

Bit hard to get match fit when you can't run...

Last edited:
Who plays on him tonight? Young?

While Young was good last week that matchup gives me the 5 goal heebie jeebies.

Young is decent on leading tall forwards. As long as we don't leave him one out in a wrestle, we can manage the situation.

Blues supporters recognise this instantly. We had a shitty profile many years back and it has taken a long time to get it right. It's not just the aging list with little quality coming immediately under those about to drop off. It's foregoing the draft to get in players in the second half of their careers, when your fortunes are on the slide. It's the level of quality of those you are looking to hand the keys to in 5 years time.

No star player wanting success is going to Richmond as a free agent, for many years to come.

Richmond must have thought they had one last shot at a flag in 2023.

Last thing you want to do is time your rebuild with Tasmania entering the AFL.

They need to cut hard & quick.

Punt Road fire sale the end of this year.

I’m pro cask wine, at least.

I might try make the Carlisle Hotel depending on work commitments
You prob already know the Carlisle is where WA Blues will be having their function.

If you're on the other side of the river the best overall footy pub in Perth is the Inglewood although the Perth Collingwood supporters club used to have functions there when their shitbags were on.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really. Just other players stepping up and filling the breach. We beat Brisbane in Brisbane last week without him.
I don’t understand the notion of not having one player being the reason teams can’t achieve success.

Richmond lost Rance for the season in round 1 of 2019, then went on to win the flag. West Coast lost Naitanui and Gaff in the back end of the H&A season in 2018, then went on to win the flag.

Walsh makes the job much easier, but certainly isn’t impossible with him not there. Same with Doc and JSOS

I don’t understand the notion of not having one player being the reason teams can’t achieve success.

Richmond lost Rance for the season in round 1 of 2019, then went on to win the flag. West Coast lost Naitanui and Gaff in the back end of the H&A season in 2018, then went on to win the flag.

Walsh makes the job much easier, but certainly isn’t impossible with him not there. Same with Doc and JSOS
Agree - but with Doch and Walsh (potentially long-term) out, we can't afford to lose anyone else and the season has just begun.

Sam is an absolute gun. However since the start of last year he has missed 10 games - we have won 9 of them and drawn the other.
So we went 8 wins and a draw "Walshless" you say...
Find this hard to believe when he missed the start of season when we were poor 4-8-1 record and then won 9 of last 10 with Walsh hitting his straps and then dominating finals....

Sister in law has been visiting, not a footy person, I mentioned footy game the other day and she kindly read the room and headed home this morning, arvo walk with the dog probably a swim at the beach, early dinner … sis on speed dial,
Ducks in a row….don’t care how we do it just get the 4 points, bank em take the bye re set and hit Norf.

Go Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back