Preview Rnd 1- Carlton v Richmond Thursday 16th March 7.20M @ MCG - Team - Post #898

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t stand JR - pretty much for that reason alone. Agree wholeheartedly re Charlie.. and while H doesn’t complain he does go down easily.
That's the second time I've read this today. I shall squint with more intensity tonight.

Did some research: "Clubs will still name a starting sub when they finalise their teams an hour before the first bounce, in addition to the four interchange players." We'll probably have an idea in second half of VFL who sub may be, unless they decide to take all 4 off!
Just checked when daylight savings finishes.:heavycheck:
Is anyone reporting on the VFL game?

Dwayne Suggesting Pittonet as the sub. TDK rucks entire first half, goes forward second half, stretches the defence late

Pitto subbed in for a midfielder or utility type (Newman???) and then rucks second half.

Gives a fresh ruckman against a solo ruckman.

Honestly I don’t know if it would work, but I’d love to be a a club that would roll the dice and try something out of the box like this & see what happens. Would be a disaster if we need the sub early for an injury

I see the logic of this, but if we did use this option I could also see the Richmond small defenders waltzing out of the D50 untouched. It’s all well and good to test them for height, but when the ball hits the deck we’d be WAY too top heavy IMO.

Agreed, that Prestia pec looked like at least a 2 weeker , maybe more.

Can be nasty these injuries and it was very heavily strapped in last training outing.

So, I feel that they are taking a big punt with him due to his importance to the team.

Ed may well be in to simply work him over non stop ..... I hope so.
Not difficult to keep hurting him legally with this injury, scragging and bumping all night long.

Either way he will be below his best IMO.
I think the human angry meatball is one hip an shoulder away from his pec muscle ending in his back😁.
If he comes out throwing his weight around like he tried on Crippa last season he's asking for trouble.

Agreed, that Prestia pec looked like at least a 2 weeker , maybe more.

Can be nasty these injuries and it was very heavily strapped in last training outing.

So, I feel that they are taking a big punt with him due to his importance to the team.

Ed may well be in to simply work him over non stop ..... I hope so.
Not difficult to keep hurting him legally with this injury, scragging and bumping all night long.

Either way he will be below his best IMO.
He'll be jabbed and wonder if it'll impact his tackling ability. I reckon they'll just feed him the ball and get Hopper and Taranto to do the dirty in and under work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That Time of year again for me to whinge about daylight savings means a 4.30 start here in the Wild West.
At least I work from home so should beat the traffic between the home office and the lounge room.
no question that sucks, passy..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back