Preview Rnd 1- Carlton v Richmond Thursday 16th March 7.20M @ MCG - Team - Post #898

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
drink for every "not up to it" "why did we pick?" "we should have gone with" "game was lost at mc" & "be lucky to finish out of the bottom 4" in tonight's autopsy thread

The big 3 for me tonight are Mots, TDK and Cerra.

We get Rd23 Cerra, a TDK who has taken the next step to fulfilling his potential and a Motlop who has real scoreboard impact and we’ll be very hard to stop. On the flip-side, if they are well-beaten, I think we’ll struggle.
For me it, it is whether our outside runners can play above themselves and break even with the riolis, picket, Mcintosh, Bolton
Keys for the Blues: Fisher, Acres, Holland, Martin, Owies, Motlop to take the pressure off Saad and Cerra

drink for every "not up to it" "why did we pick?" "we should have gone with" "game was lost at mc" & "be lucky to finish out of the bottom 4" in tonight's autopsy thread
Drink for every 'JSOS is a star', 'Crippa, you beauty', 'Incredible debut by... Acres... Dutch... Moo'... 'Who can match it with Harry and Charlie'... Austin is a genius...

Dwayne Suggesting Pittonet as the sub. TDK rucks entire first half, goes forward second half, stretches the defence late

Pitto subbed in for a midfielder or utility type (Newman???) and then rucks second half.

Gives a fresh ruckman against a solo ruckman.

Honestly I don’t know if it would work, but I’d love to be a a club that would roll the dice and try something out of the box like this & see what happens. Would be a disaster if we need the sub early for an injury

Gutsy call that can so easily go pear shaped.

Richmond will come at us hard. They always do. Would absolutely hate to lose a running player and to only be able to replace them with Pittonet, an underdone ruckman who I sincerely doubt can go 3+ quarters.

On the flipside if it works out and we avoid injuries it could be absolutely genius and potentially break the game open our way. Fancy Pitto in the 4th against a tiring Tank giving Cripps and co first use.

The safe bet is that LOB will be the sub as Hollands, Martin and Fisher can all do rotations on the inside leaving LOB to do a running role. Secondary would be Honey going forward freeing Martin/Fisher to provide more run through the middle.

I admire our emergency selections as it could go any way and it leaves Richmond guessing until final team sheets are submitted.

Say anything in footy world with a serious face & people will accept it.

I firmly believe this.😎👍

I have all of the respect in the world for Essendon. It's really not their fault what the AFL did to them.

Amazon Studios Nod GIF by Amazon Prime Video

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The defining factor whether Carlton win or lose is when the ball hits the ground inside Carlton's 50.
If the forwards can create scoring opportunities when Harry or Charlie don't get decent delivery then Carlton will go along way towards winning the game but if the Blues let Tigers defenders pounce on any errant delivery into forward line then Tigers will set up play from behind the play and attack from Carlton's half forward line, this is what Tigers will be relying on if/when they lose the midfield battle, Tigers can lose midfield battle & still win the game , not sure Carlton could.
Carlton's midfield will provide ample inside 50's & the Blues defenders are capable of keeping Tigers below 80pts.
Carlton's half forward line will the deciding factor tonight, l'd be instructing Cerra & Acres to push into Carton's forward line & defend on the way out otherwise if they set up around the wings the ball will go over their heads, Carton's pressure tonight is paramount .

The problem with Ed as a tagger is that he was always fair - a tagger who is a nice bloke - hmmmm I have never seen him do a dirty deed in his whole career - and some opposition deserve some nasty back - not an enforcer and not mean enough to even hurt blokes within the rules. It is a missing link in the midfield - perhaps somewhat made up for by some genuine big lads - big enough to make you feel it within the rules- but Carlton hasn't had the nasties and I am thirsty for some.

In the forward line - I would love to have someone with the size to back up some physicality as displayed by Motlop /Durdin and Honey. For every flop from Harry I'd prefer a calculated "I am not marking in this contest I am kneeing someone out of the game -because they decided to sit in front of me"

Down back I saw some evidence from Young of some mongrel - need much more - Weitering is a sneaky hard arse- buyt if he decides to put someone out for the game like he tried with DeGoey - be smarter how you try and hip and shoulder- - dont use the pointy end of your shoulder FFS.

My call is early and consistent - Fisher and Owies have to hit the scoreboard - the defensive pressure is a non negotiable base line - kicking goals is what scares opposition - same for the 100 gamer today .

If Carlton allows Richmond to chest puff and play the so called 'play on the edge' with no credible response- that is a loss for us and a repetition of round 2 last year.

I can understand why Vossy went for Hollands and Cowan - he has another in Honey who should be encouraged to go in as hard as he likes - I hope he gets the sub gig.
"Play the right way" while the opposition are gaming the system has annoyed me no end.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Will this do? :)

My son said to me, "Dad - if I'm ever being kept barely alive by a machine, unable to communicate, just pull the plug."

So I disconnected the Wi-Fi.

One from Miss 11yo yesterday.

Son: Mum, what does 'gay' mean?
Mum: pauses...... Happy. It means.... happy.
Son: Are you gay, Mum?
Mum: No, I can't be gay. I am married to your dad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back