Preview Carlton v Geelong match simulation - Thursday 22nd Feb 11.30am @ Ikon Park - Squad post #21 🏈

Remove this Banner Ad

We can’t take too much away from this one as it was ‘match simulation’.
The coaches would have been trying different things and manipulating scenario’s that they wanted to practice.
They could have instructed the mids to concede clearances to simulate repeat entries ect.
Next week will be a bit more structured but they won’t be going full throttle.

We can’t take too much away from this one as it was ‘match simulation’.
The coaches would have been trying different things and manipulating scenario’s that they wanted to practice.
They could have instructed the mids to concede clearances to simulate repeat entries ect.
Next week will be a bit more structured but they won’t be going full throttle.

Good to see you posting, now if I remember correctly you were a member of the original multimedia online blues group, The Sexy Squad.

I remember 'back in the day' that I used to get worried if we won these silly hit outs! Reckon we didn't win a preseason game from 1978 to 1984 but won three flags and don't think we missed a finals series.....

Just sayin' youngens...
Hahaha I remember the pre-season winning 'fear' all too well...

Kemp may've been down in confidence more so because the "General" was out injured?
Weiters is our most important player,the youngen's would really miss his guidance.

unbelievable the club allows so many players to take calls from sporting equipment reps during the actual game......
Personally I was marvelling at their ability to acquire the sound of local air traffic so clearly, because they wouldn't be so silly as to put a smartphone next to a giant fan at the far side of the bench to where everyone was sitting

... right?

Maybe this explains why we never kick to anyone in space

Not sure what people really expected from our first hit out.Its been 25 years since we played a preliminary final so we’re starting 3 weeks later than 14 other teams and obviously haven’t been in that position.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah, that's why Collingwood was so far off Richmond last night. Oh, wait, no. Seems later start to preseason doesn't matter at all. Our full-strength midfield,against their mf with no Oliver and Brayshaw, and they flogged us. 33 shots at goal to 13. 20 marks inside 50 vs. our 8. I'm glad we've got Brisbane away to start the season, as we're going to get flogged, but probably would have lost even if we were cherry ripe. Hopefully two floggings in a row will remove any residual thoughts that last year's PF appearance counted for anything, and we can be properly switched on to get past Richmond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, that's why Collingwood was so far off Richmond last night. Oh, wait, no. Seems later start to preseason doesn't matter at all. Our full-strength midfield,against their mf with no Oliver and Brayshaw, and they flogged us. 33 shots at goal to 13. 20 marks inside 50 vs. our 8. I'm glad we've got Brisbane away to start the season, as we're going to get flogged, but probably would have lost even if we were cherry ripe. Hopefully two floggings in a row will remove any residual thoughts that last year's PF appearance counted for anything, and we can be properly switched on to get past Richmond.
gee I hope so...........really important points you've raised.........

Didn’t the pies lost to north in their first hit out?

They sure did.

Didn’t the pies lost to north in their first hit out?

Seems to me you have forgotten only 1 week ago Norf beat the Pies by 34pts!

North Melbourne 15.12 (102) def. Collingwood 10.8 (68)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back