Preview Carlton v Geelong match simulation - Thursday 22nd Feb 11.30am @ Ikon Park - Squad post #21 🏈

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"

The AFL match simulation - which consists of four 20-minute quarters - begins from 11am, with both VFL sides also to go head to head 20 minutes following the match.

Gates 5 and 6 will open from 10am, with the IKON Park car park to be closed. Fans are recommended to take public transport into IKON Park.

For those who have Foxtel footy channel, Atm On 504 the footy channel and 503 they both have AFL Practice Matches for Sydney v GWS advertised to be broadcast live at the same time, 10am…

Sydney v GWS game kicks off at 10am
Carlton v Geelong game kicks off at 11.30am

There is a replay (1 hour) of the two previous practice games plus also the Syd v Gws earlier game again before an hour replay of our Carl v Gee game at 5pm later that day…

Foxtel are prone to rearranging and restoring the TV guide as the games get closer…

All games televised live, along with Kayo…

And just for the absolute nuffies like me, our VFL team has a practice match straight after the main game, beginning at 2pm. It'll give us the opportunity to see some of our young guns in action.

Although according to this, we're also scheduled to play another game the following day....

And just for the absolute nuffies like me, our VFL team has a practice match straight after the main game, beginning at 2pm. It'll give us the opportunity to see some of our young guns in action.

Although according to this, we're also scheduled to play another game the following day....

Will this be broadcast anywhere?

VFL Practice matches in this thread:-

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time change to 11.30am ...

After previously being listed to commence at 11am, the start time has been shifted back half an hour — it will now kick off from 11:30am.

The match simulation will consist of four 20-minute quarters, with a VFL hitout to follow: it’ll commence 20 minutes following the AFL contest.

The squad will be announced at 5pm on Wednesday evening.

Time change to 11.30am ...

Bit odd considering the forecast heat........thought it may have started earlier if anything.

Oh well, these hot days are the ones that you really get a good work out/ benefit from in the long run IMO.

I would always throw up during pre-season on the hot ones in my playing days.

The saying back then went, if you are not chucking you are not trying.:p

Bit odd considering the forecast heat........thought it may have started earlier if anything.

Oh well, these hot days are the ones that you really get a good work out/ benefit from in the long run IMO.

I would always throw up during pre-season on the hot ones in my playing days.

The saying back then went, if you are not chucking you are not trying.:p
I’d say telecast. Foxtel had it from 11:30 when listed initially

AFL & VFL Squads …

The AFL clash will be broadcast on Kayo and FOX Footy from 11:30am. Highlights from the VFL game will be available post-match.

AFL squad: 2. Lachie Cowan, 3. Jesse Motlop, 4. Ollie Hollands, 5. Adam Cerra, 8. Lachie Fogarty, 9. Patrick Cripps, 10. Harry McKay, 11. Mitch McGovern, 12. Tom De Koning, 13. Blake Acres, 14. Orazio Fantasia, 15. Sam Docherty, 16. Jack Carroll, 17. Brodie Kemp, 20. Elijah Hollands, 24. Nic Newman, 28. David Cuningham, 29. George Hewett, 30. Charlie Curnow, 31. Harry Lemmey, 33. Lewis Young, 37. Jordan Boyd, 39. Alex Cincotta, 42. Adam Saad, 43. Ashton Moir, 46. Matthew Cottrell

VFL squad: 16. Jack Carroll, 25. Jaxon Binns, 31. Harry Lemmey, 34. Rob Monahan, 35. Billy Wilson, 39. Alex Cincotta, 40. Hudson O’Keeffe, 41. Dom Akuei, 43. Ashton Moir, 51. Heath Ramshaw, 52. Liam McMahon, 55. Lachie Young, 56. Flynn Riley, 57. Luke Nelson, 58. Michael Lewis, 60. Blake Kuipers, 62. Hayden Gill, 63. Kristian Ferronato, 64. Archie Stevens, 68. Jess Gedi, 69. Hugo Nosiara, 72. Ollie Badr, 75. Darcy Hogg, 77. Will White, 79. Jack Lefroy

So no Jack Martin (as usual) and Zac.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's actually crazy how much depth we finally have. You look at that squad of 26 and it is fairly strong. And then you realise we have 9 significant outs from that team with probably 6 easily walking into our best 23.

Just hoping for no injuries to either team from this hitout and hopefully get a good look at some of the younger players and those fighting for OR spots

Remove this Banner Ad

Back