Random Random Chat Thread XL

Remove this Banner Ad

Mass shooting in NZ. By an aussie. Absolute fruit loop.
By an Aussie? That's even worse. I just got a breaking news email thing about it as well, two mosques shot up in the christchurch area, one person in custody and they're unsure if others are involved. They're recommending everyone to stay away from mosques until it's safe.

Being Friday lunch time, this is a prime time for it unfortunately.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/world/2019/03/15/gunman-christchurch-mosque/

By an Aussie? That's even worse. I just got a breaking news email thing about it as well, two mosques shot up in the christchurch area, one person in custody and they're unsure if others are involved. They're recommending everyone to stay away from mosques until it's safe.

Being Friday lunch time, this is a prime time for it unfortunately.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/world/2019/03/15/gunman-christchurch-mosque/
The guy recorded himself killing them and it was on Facebook live, attention quite obviously the motive.

I hope facebook has taken it down, though I suspect it'll pop up elsewhere.
Facebook took the original down but there are copies over Twitter and Facebook. I do not recommend watching any of the videos though. I made the mistake of seeing one of them on Twitter and it's horrific. I wish I hadn't seen it.:huh:

Facebook took the original down but there are copies over Twitter and Facebook. I do not recommend watching any of the videos though. I made the mistake of seeing one of them on Twitter and it's horrific. I wish I hadn't seen it.:huh:
Some news websites are using a screenshot from the start of the video in their articles too (outside the mosque, can't see much except hands and gun). Publishing the name of the guy who posted it, referencing a manifesto he posted on a forum.

I think people need to know what happened and need to know how to stay safe, but I don't think we need to give that a-hole what he wants (publicity), and if I'd died like that I wouldn't want the video of me dying being shared around either, worse still if anyone who knew me saw it.

Yeah I saw it.
Absolutely horrendous.

Some news websites are using a screenshot from the start of the video in their articles too (outside the mosque, can't see much except hands and gun). Publishing the name of the guy who posted it, referencing a manifesto he posted on a forum.

I think people need to know what happened and need to know how to stay safe, but I don't think we need to give that a-hole what he wants (publicity), and if I'd died like that I wouldn't want the video of me dying being shared around either, worse still if anyone who knew me saw it.

Well known poster on certain forums I believe.

Part of the footage was of someone trying to stop him, getting him to the ground but in the end failing.
I'd like to think I'd have the courage to do that, acts like that should be spoken about I believe.

I struggle to come to grips with how casual this person was about the whole thing.

I would urge no one watch it. Stay away from it. A mate on facebook sent it to me and I deleted it as soon as I worked out what it was, thankfully before seeing anyone die.

My heart breaks for our New Zealand friends.

i think it should be compulsory viewing for certain race baiters and agiatators in the media, who peddle islamaphobia and xenophobia, either due to ignorance and stupidity, or worse, for the lols, to show the consequences of their actions.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/wor...n/news-story/a3b953f8df19907933cca6975a75d9bf

'He would fart five or six times a day’: Melbourne engineer appeals $1.8 million bullying decision

A Melbourne engineer who claimed his former supervisor would “lift his bum and fart” on him is still trying to squeeze $1.8 million out of the case.

A Melbourne engineer who claimed his former supervisor would “lift his bum and fart” on him is appealing a court decision that found he was not bullied.

David Hingst sued his former employer Construction Engineering in 2017 seeking $1.8 million in compensation, but the case was thrown out by the Supreme Court of Victoria last April.
Justice Rita Zammit found that even if the farting occurred it “would not necessarily amount to bullying”.
The 56-year-old’s case came before the Court of Appeal on Monday.
He told the court “flatulence was a form of bullying” and that his ex-colleague Greg Short was a serial farter, AAP reported.
“I would be sitting with my face to the wall and he would come into the room, which was small and had no windows,” he told AAP after the hearing.
“He would fart behind me and walk away. He would do this five or six times a day.”
As a result of the constant farting, Mr Hingst sprayed deodorant on Mr Short and called him “Mr Stinky”.
At the original hearing, Mr Short said he didn’t recall doing it “but I may have done it once or twice, maybe”.

“But I can’t recall,” he said. “I don’t recall doing so, so I’m not flat out saying I didn’t or I did. I just can’t remember doing it. But if he alleges I did it.”
But Mr Short denied he was doing it “with the intention of distressing or harassing” Mr Hingst. “No, not at all, no,” he said.
Another former employee, Phillip Hamilton, told the court he recalled times Mr Hingst “got quite offended by some of the stuff that went on”.
“Obviously there were incidences where (Mr Short) had a propensity to walk over to the printer, which was next to me and I think (Mr Hingst) sat behind where the printer was and (Mr Short) would flatulate (sic), he would fart you know, and that would happen quite frequently,” Mr Hamilton said.
On Monday, Mr Hingst reiterated his farting claims. “He thrusted his bum at me while he’s at work,” he told the panel of judges, AAP reported.
“And you sprayed deodorant at him,” Justice Phillip Priest said.
In any case, Justice Priest said farts were not the key issue in Mr Hingst’s original claim, as it had focused more on alleged bullying phone calls.
But Mr Hingst said the flatulence had caused him “severe stress” and should still be taken into account.
He claimed Mr Short’s behaviour was part of a conspiracy to get rid of him and said his time at Construction Engineering caused him psychiatric injuries.
Mr Hingst, who has represented himself throughout the trial and appeal, is seeking leave to appeal on several grounds.
He claims he didn’t get a fair trial as he felt under pressure from Justice Zammit when questioning witnesses. He also felt the judge was biased against him.
But Justice Priest said the trial judge seemed to show “remarkable latitude” to Mr Hingst during the 18-day proceedings.
“The very distinct impression I get is you were given every opportunity to put your case,” he said.
The Court of Appeal judges will deliver their ruling on the appeal on Friday.'

5 or 6 times a day? pffft hes a light weight

pretty cheeky if you ask me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been watching a bit of the World Snooker Championships on Fox tonight. I've enjoyed it far more than the "spectacle" that Richmond and Melbourne are putting on.

When played between 2 skilled practitioners it's a rivetting tactical duel.

I'm one of the poorer pool players going around, I admire people who play it well.

does anyone have much recollection of the 2001 Grand final? specifically the black arm bands we wore down low under our elbows on the forearms

the players said they were taunting brisbane about using drips at half time - tape to find the vein - publically they said it was for the retiring long/wallis

pretty cheeky either way...

1556148994044.png

1556149013746.png

puts the sam mitchell jibe into greater perspective

Remove this Banner Ad

Back