Preview Rnd 6 - Carlton v Hawthorn Sunday April 28th 3.20PM @ UTAS - Team Post #1331

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really looking forward to this game. Great test for our young group.

Apparently Charlie was close but still sore yesterday so withdrew. Should be fine next week. Good luck to DC as I'm a huge fan.

Key will be our ability to compete for 4 quarters and be smart with the ball. Can we expect McKay & SPS to do what they did last week? Who else will step up?

I expect our defence to continue its great form. Midfield the key and the way we use it inside 50. Kruezer Cripps SPS Walsh Dow Fisher need good days

A loss won't be a disaster but a WIN we do us wonders.

Blues by 22 points

I reckon the Gov might step up soap got a feeling he will kick 4 or more and be a real target

images

Please no BT, Hamish and Basil commentary team today. One or two of them is barely tolerable, if its The Three Stooges working together, the tv is going on mute.

Charlie did next to nothing at training yesterday but Cuningham was in everything. I’d say it’s Charlie out and Cuningham in.
Yep, made the most sense. Looking forward to seeing Cunners out there. Really excited me how he was developing before the kidney bruising. Gives me a bit more hope today with one less tall in front half.

This place would go dead set bonkers if they end up bringing Garlett in instead of Cuningham.

In other, unrelated news I have decided to start a small business selling torches and pitchforks at wholesale prices. My shop will also be conveniently set up just outside Princes Park. Come on down and say hi!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This place would go dead set bonkers if they end up bringing Garlett in instead of Cuningham.
Be worth it for the melts.

All is not well on the good ship lollipop......
time to rebuild...dismantle the ship...wagons ho..pirates all

You pack of argumentative ninnies :p .......I am off tomorrow for a week of golf and the state of affairs at CFC is not going to spoil it one litle bit.
Some carry on like their whole life depends on it.

Be worth it for the melts.

All is not well on the good ship lollipop......
time to rebuild...dismantle the ship...wagons ho..pirates all

You pack of argumentative ninnies :p .......I am off tomorrow for a week of golf and the state of affairs at CFC is not going to spoil it one litle bit.
Some carry on like their whole life depends on it.
Blue it’s a bit sad I know but the quality of my life does depend on the fortune or misfortune of the Bluebaggers.

Got a feeling Andrew Russell might play a big part in the outcome of this game.IP.
And many more games to come, hopefully.

I noticed that Bolts said in his pre-game presser that he’d been having a few constructive arguments with Russell during the week, regarding what load the different players were capable of managing. I think that prior to Russell (and even Bolts for that matter), the coaches were winning those sorts of arguments with our fitness staff way too easily, such that the short term wish to get players back quickly was overriding the medium to longer term interest of minimising the risk of injuries reoccurring. Kreuz said something very similar to Bolts earlier in the week too.

I’m really pleased to have Russell on board - a big piece of the rebuild puzzle imo.

And many more games to come, hopefully.

I noticed that Bolts’ said in his pre-game presser that he’d been having a few constructive arguments with Russell during the week, regarding what load the different players were capable of managing. I think that prior to Russell (and even Bolts for that matter), the coaches were winning those sorts of arguments with our fitness staff way too easily, such that the short term wish to get players back quickly was overriding the medium to longer term interest of minimising the risk of injuries reoccurring. Kreuz said something very similar to Bolts earlier in the week too.

I’m really pleased to have Russell on board - a big piece of the rebuild puzzle imo.
The whole approach is so much more detailed and professional

Blue it’s a bit sad I know but the quality of my life does depend on the fortune or misfortune of the Bluebaggers.
I was being a bit silly mate. When we lose the world is a bad place. Deep depression follows.
Anyway we are going to win.

Unless we don't fight it out and end up getting pumped. If we can put in a solid four quarter performance and show that we won't be easily run over and end up losing by under two goals or so, then I agree.
Even though understandably Bolts won’t countenance the term - publicly at least - it seems like, if need be, a few of us could cope with an “honourable loss”. I’d include myself in that group tbh - I would love a win obviously, but imo a hard, intelligent, four quarter effort from the boys is what’s truly non-negotiable in our development.

I was being a bit silly mate. When we lose the world is a bad place. Deep depression follows.
Anyway we are going to win.
Happy to read that. If anyone is actually happy to see Garlett picked ahead of a talent like Cunners just because they enjoy the melts then their priorities are a little off.

Or they're a troll.

Where is announcement? I'm expecting it but can't find confirmation.
Any late outs for the Hawks that we know of?
Nothing official from the Club Matty.

Where are you hearing this.
Should have stayed that it wasn't from the club. I may need to revise my use of officially. Saw it on Twitter yesterday he didn't train much at all and was replaced with Cunners.

If this is the case, Id be happy for Cunners to get the call up. But i want Charlie in, just not at the risk of further setbacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back