Preview Rnd 6 - Carlton v Hawthorn Sunday April 28th 3.20PM @ UTAS - Team Post #1331

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After watching the VFL yesterday, I'm now slightly concerned our Senior boys are going to be hungover from last week's win. Fingers crossed that's not the case

Fortunately for the seniors, yesterday should be a wake up call.

After watching the VFL yesterday, I'm now slightly concerned our Senior boys are going to be hungover from last week's win. Fingers crossed that's not the case

I'm hoping their poor performance will be a wake up call the Senior team needed without having to play a poor game themselves.

Those scars belong to the supporters. The players and coaches havent lived through it like we have. It should not exist. Today is just a game and whatever happens is not because of the past.

It’s still pretty much the same playing group that over the past 2 years has played some of its absolute worst football in winnable games.

Last year, both wins were followed by losses of 100+ points, while our trip to Tassie led to an 86 point loss to a team that didn’t play finals in which we managed 4 goals total. 17 players from that team are there today - it’s the same players...

It’s still pretty much the same playing group that over the past 2 years has played some of its absolute worst football in winnable games.

Last year, both wins were followed by losses of 100+ points, while our trip to Tassie led to an 86 point loss to a team that didn’t play finals in which we managed 4 goals total. 17 players from that team are there today - it’s the same players...

This game will really be an indicator of how much these guys have progressed over the last year or two.

I really doubt they'll allow Cuningham to not play at any level this weekend

It seems that way and in particular after what AWG put forward.
CCurnow may not be slated to play, but what if two players had gastro this morning - He'd simply have to.

The CFC generally take two emergencies away when travelling. I'd say most teams would be prudent enough to do so.
Charlie may not be asked to play but if something went astray, would have no choice but to. i.e. CCurnow can't be too bad and will play next week.

EDIT:
Curnow out officially, replaced by Cunners .
Carn Baggers , let's do this.

Well there you go.
That ends the Polson/Cuningham debate for this week. :)

Perhaps, but decades was the thrust of the original post I replied to not two years. Also we have beaten them in recent times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really looking forward to this game. Great test for our young group.

Apparently Charlie was close but still sore yesterday so withdrew. Should be fine next week. Good luck to DC as I'm a huge fan.

Key will be our ability to compete for 4 quarters and be smart with the ball. Can we expect McKay & SPS to do what they did last week? Who else will step up?

I expect our defence to continue its great form. Midfield the key and the way we use it inside 50. Kruezer Cripps SPS Walsh Dow Fisher need good days

A loss won't be a disaster but a WIN we do us wonders.

Blues by 22 points

Really looking forward to this game. Great test for our young group.

Apparently Charlie was close but still sore yesterday so withdrew. Should be fine next week. Good luck to DC as I'm a huge fan.

Key will be our ability to compete for 4 quarters and be smart with the ball. Can we expect McKay & SPS to do what they did last week? Who else will step up?

I expect our defence to continue its great form. Midfield the key and the way we use it inside 50. Kruezer Cripps SPS Walsh Dow Fisher need good days

A loss won't be a disaster but a WIN we do us wonders.

Blues by 22 points

Unless we don't fight it out and end up getting pumped. If we can put in a solid four quarter performance and show that we won't be easily run over and end up losing by under two goals or so, then I agree.

No it's not, SPS, Harry, Fisher, Weitering all different players from last year. Throw in the new players = we win.

Curnow out officially, replaced by Cunners .

Carn Baggers , let's do this.

What is this twilight universe I'm living in.

I'm actually pleased by this news. How things can change in 12 months. Testament to how far Cuners has come this off season.

5 new player compare to last year is significant. Considering what we let go and what we recruited. Gov, Walsh etc are good upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back