Free Agency Stephen Coniglio

Where do you think he will play in 2020 and beyond?

• GWS

Votes: 61 12.1%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 179 35.4%
  • Carlton

Votes: 185 36.6%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • West Coast

Votes: 27 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 40 7.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/afl/gws-gi...24cb-44b4-b954-d2f280e7da64?ocid=Social-AFLFS

Seriously, if he was staying, why would he have not at least made a statement saying his preference was to stay, and his management were working through the details.

it will become a distraction to the team very soon, just like it did with so many other who ended up leaving.
You mean like Dusty or Kelly or etc etc etc.

Is it possible he goes? Yep.

Is it likely he stays? Yep.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

So because I said maybe a few people had some mail, you make a sweeping statement.

I could not give a **** what some North Nuffies said same way as I don’t give a **** about the WCE.

Except of course I do in Grand Finals where we hand out 10 goal Floggings.

Guess what? We don't care much for the Hawks either.

Enjoy living in the past, all you have right now...............and in your own little fantasy world mate!!! Hawks have years of rebuilding to do before they make any impact when it counts.

Whatever floats your boat.:thumbsu::cool:

Guess what? We don't care much for the Hawks either.

Enjoy living in the past, all you have right now...............and in your own little fantasy world mate!!! Hawks have years of rebuilding to do before they make any impact when it counts.

Whatever floats your boat.:thumbsu::cool:
Well the Hawks owning the WCE by 10 goals in Grand Finals played between the two teams, floats my boat.

By the way everything is in the past, including last year.

As soon as I post this, it’s in the past.

As for the Hawks having years of rebuilding, I assume you realise how the competition works?

Well the Hawks owning the WCE by 10 goals in Grand Finals played between the two teams, floats my boat.

As soon as I post this, it’s in the past.

As for the Hawks having years of rebuilding, I assume you realise how the competition works?

How does the competition work?

Some teams do things differently to other teams. What your point?

Looking at the Hawks lack of a spine both young and old I'd say it will take quite a few years to get that right. McEnvoy, Frawley and Roughead aren't getting any younger. So that floating boat of yours has quite a few leaks!!! :thumbsu:

No it's what Hawks fans keep telling everyone.

The old "I didn't want him anyway".

We wanted him, we were just not going to pay what was asked.

“Hawks have pulled out of the race because we are not prepared to pay 2 first rounders” was posted in the thread on our board a week before Shiel made his announcement.

The poster who stated that copped a lot of flak at the time but has since been confirmed as having very very good mail, in fact told us about the Scully deal weeks out from it as well.

Anyway the Hawks dodged a bullet and it’s plain to see for everyone why the GWS were not that put out at losing Shiel.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah na, in the thread at the time a certain poster posted this a week out from Shiel announcing he wanted to go to Essendon and I quote “Hawks have pulled out of the race because we are not prepared to pay 2 first rounders”

Lol I have no doubt he posted that as it looked more and more likely he wasn't choosing the Hawks at the time.

No it's what Hawks fans keep telling everyone.

The old "I didn't want him anyway".

Lol I have no doubt he posted that as it looked more and more likely he wasn't choosing the Hawks at the time.

yeah na, it was a week out from the decision and no one knew where he was going.

Go read the Carlton thread about it, there were posters who said it was a done deal.

Posters were having a go at this bloke for posting that we pulled out of the race, but it played out exactly as he said it would.

Anyway everyone is happy GWS got 2 draft picks and Essendon got a good mid, granted the bloke can’t hit a target to save himself or get within 25 metres when trying to kick a goal but they got their man.

The same as we are happy we got Scully.

Well the Comp works a bit like this, for over half a century the Hawks have been winning Premierships at an astonishing rate.

Sometimes other clubs win some as well.

That's a pretty enormous contradiction....

yeah na, it was a week out from the decision and no one knew where he was going.

Go read the Carlton thread about it, there were posters who said it was a done deal.

Posters were having a go at this bloke for posting that we pulled out of the race, but it played out exactly as he said it would.

Anyway everyone is happy GWS got 2 draft picks and Essendon got a good mid, granted the bloke can’t hit a target to save himself or get within 25 metres when trying to kick a goal but they got their man.

The same as we are happy we got Scully.

Keep telling yourselves that.

I'm glad Scully is going well. Have no regrets and wish him all the best.

Kinda like a kid who misses out.

Saying "Never wanted him anyway" *with a tear down the cheek....

Didn't get Shiel ("chose Hawthorn") or Lynch ("outlined conditions only Hawthorn could meet"), panicked and traded their first and second pick plus Burton to get Wingard. Could be worse, just ask North.

I don't know what Coniglio will do (mail usually comes about 3pm, will check it when I get home) but it's a safe bet that if he doesn't end up at Hawthorn there will be some backtracking from a few folk. Understandable, I sometimes get mail addressed to the neighbours or the previous guy who lived here.

I don't know what Coniglio will do (mail usually comes about 3pm, will check it when I get home) but it's a safe bet that if he doesn't end up at Hawthorn there will be some backtracking from a few folk. .
So if he does become a Hawk, will you backtrack?

Or is it a one way thing?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back