Autopsy Round 8, 2019: St.Kilda v West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

He started off the ground and I think they don't believe he can run out a full match.
Surely not that dribble again? Not you Gringo, but whomever has that rubbish imprinted in their head ( think we can all figure out who ) has
Seriously got to get over their own stubborn inflexible views and stop playing favourites and do what's best for the StK FC not his own
Stupid pride!

Has gotten to an incredibly frustrating climax! And not the good Los Vegas kind!

Interesting for Marshall to assess why he had his colours lowered this week. He needs to back up against Grundy next week, a huge challenge.
He was struggling this week.. got beaten by Vardy who is a pretty ordinary ruckman himself.. we’re overrating Marshall way too much.. he had a couple of good games, he is can get some clearance, but he won’t be a dominant ruckman like Dawn, Martin or Grundy.. These are all seasoned rucks, Marshall used to play as a forward who can pinch hit in the ruck.. we need to find a more permanent solution, seeing Acres/Bruce rucking is ridiculous.

Much happier with how we played today. At least we tried Lowering of game the eyes to hit up targets inside 50. Keep doing it match after match and we’ll get the hang of it 👍

Yeah, I tend to agree. I'm really not feeling too worried about this one. I think the gameplan is OK and the effort is definitely there. If we can add some class - Hanners, Steven, Carlisle, maybe another - then I think we'll win more than we lose generally.

Anyway I’m just disappointed with the loss. We said this month would show us where we were at and we’ve been found wanting.

Don’t think major overhauls with personal are needed but we need to find a bit more organisation and execution than we are showing right now.

Prob TOG related but his impact waned as the game went on. Of his 26 disposals:

Q1) 10
Q2) 7
Q3) 6
Q4) 3

But don’t know how that correlates to his TOG. The trend does suggest he tired and became less impactful as the game went on but it may be he was given less time as the game went on.

Ironically his pressure late when we were coming back was still very intense. He was still chasing and giving second and third efforts.

Really disappointing that we lost tonight but can’t help but think that until we start drafting elite midfielders that we aren’t going to really contend with the top teams. Ross and dunstan do almost no damage with their possessions. We also don’t have an elite leader in the midfield at the moment

Interesting that Phillips managed to pick up another 23 touches, seems to know how to find it the boy. In his eight games so far: 24, 19, 21, 17, 20, 21, 14, 23. And 9 contested. Seems OK with the footy too. He's worth persisting with - certainly adds to midfield depth.
He could always find space and find the ball.. his short kick and run is quite good too.. didn’t find too much space today, and like the rest of the team, his delivery to forward line needs to be better.

He was struggling this week.. got beaten by Vardy who is a pretty ordinary ruckman himself.. we’re overrating Marshall way too much.. he had a couple of good games, he is can get some clearance, but he won’t be a dominant ruckman like Dawn, Martin or Grundy.. These are all seasoned rucks, Marshall used to play as a forward who can pinch hit in the ruck.. we need to find a more permanent solution, seeing Acres/Bruce rucking is ridiculous.

I think Marshall's going to be a very solid ruck, won't necessarily be dominant in hitouts but he can be really damaging around the ground. Stef Martin is probably the best comparison for him - similar size, similar game style. I think he can definitely be that good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hannebery hasn’t played a game for us and you’re telling me Geary is fixing our forward entries??? He’s underrated but gee wizzz....

Carlisle alright maybe I can concede that one
Parameters were forward entries and end of quarter lapses.

Yes, if fit - which would be the direct result of not being on the injury list - Hanners would help with the first, and clearly Geary would help with the second.
Not sure Geary is one many would have on a list of helpful forward entry but we need our mature heads back to settle the side down under pressure.
Again. The parameters included end of quarter lapses.

Much happier with how we played today. At least we tried Lowering of game the eyes to hit up targets inside 50. Keep doing it match after match and we’ll get the hang of it
A major positive. They still suck at it, but it just seems unpracticed, unfamiliar. Persist. Give it time. Better than the bomb alternative.

**** me, GT?!

Bloke had no defensive mind at all, and no gameplan other than run and gun; at least Richo has “Carlisle’s gone forward”...

Yeah we only made consecutive prelims under GT and a semi final before he was sacked by Butters who has now admitted he has a drug/booze problem.

Meanwhile Richo coasts along with a similar coaching tenure as GT with no finals to show for it.

GT is a winner and Richo is a loser.

Yet we sack a winner and keep a loser, classic St Kilda.

why is there so much hate for Ross on here . He had 31 disposals and 9 score involvements. His disposals arent always great but he gives a 100% every game .
He turned the ball over a lot and did a lot of stupid things when he had it.

He had a dirty game.

Surely not that dribble again? Not you Gringo, but whomever has that rubbish imprinted in their head ( think we can all figure out who ) has
Seriously got to get over their own stubborn inflexible views and stop playing favourites and do what's best for the StK FC not his own
Stupid pride!

Has gotten to an incredibly frustrating climax! And not the good Los Vegas kind!

I'm Dunny's biggest critic but he's shown again he can't play a full match. Was at 17 disposals at half time then ended up petering out as the game went on. I concede Seb was terrible tonight though, he was like a turn over machine.

Just sad.

Nothing else.

This year was going well for us. The Lonie injury turned it all on its head. NOw we’re in a slump.

I’m not going to accept honourable losses or anything here either. That shouldn’t have been an honourable loss. Their poor kicking in the last let us back in.

Where is our next win going to come from now?

why is there so much hate for Ross on here . He had 31 disposals and 9 score involvements. His disposals arent always great but he gives a 100% every game .
The reason his disposal aren’t great is we can’t get any clean possessions through the midfield, if you look at him in space, his disposal is one of our best, can often weight his pass to a player’s advantage.. can’t say that about most of our mids.

29 went to the WCE. He's good player but he lacked composure.

He's 7 games in as the main ruck. How good were the others 7 games in?

It’s his half arsed chases, then when the bloke he was chasing gets the easy mark he drops his head or throws his hands up. He acting captain at the moment, of a young side. Needs to set an example.

And yes I know Roo got frustrated too.

What’s being female got to do with it?

100% Agree though that the umpires were putrid. Every 50/50 call went against us.

Because she is the only female and therefore that's the easiest way to explain which ump the poster is talking about.

If the poster had said the umpire was a
s**t we all would have asked which one (as 2 out of the 3 were woeful)

It's like saying the bald ump. It's not baldist - it's just to differentiate by individual characteristics for ease of reference

Fair enough, probably being overly pc but good to see a female umpire out there and no reason why there can’t be more over time.

All for it.

As long as the decisions are competence based and not virtue signalling.

None of the umps seemed to have a good game tonight, it’s hard to track the individual performances but Eleni probably stands out more / her mistakes are more memorable because she is the only female.

Just want decent umps that umpire with consistency regardless of gender. It kills you as a fan when the game is close and blatant incompetence costs dearly.

That cost us in the first half, but overall we were not good enough, even if the umps had the best game of the year we still would have lost.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back