Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Essendon > 30 pts

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Bombers scared the life out of me there, have to hand it to them, incredible pressure in the 4th quarter.

Was never going to be a classic with their outs, our outs, and the weather, really impressive to get 80k

can't believe Bombers in here complaining about the umps- pull your heads in.

Lynch ok??

Bombers scared the life out of me there, have to hand it to them, incredible pressure in the 4th quarter.

Was never going to be a classic with their outs, our outs, and the weather, really impressive to get 80k

can't believe Bombers in here complaining about the umps- pull your heads in.

Lynch ok??

Will beat most sides if we played like this.

It's bloody frustrating that they cant string it for 4 qrts and on a weekly bases

Last edited:
********, were you even there, or are you basing that off watching it on tv? Heaps of people on level 1 were staying out of the weather, undercover..

Didn't you know Geelong is a 3 day trip from Melbourne, there is no way he was there

Will beat most sides if we played like this.

It's bloody frustrating that they cant string it for 4 qrts and on a weekly bases
You realise I could say the same thing with Carlton with how they played the Pies a couple of weeks ago?

Means squat all when you can't keep it up all game.

BBC1967
I don't have a problem.
Just sick of people going on and on about umpires...or droning on and filling up the matchday threads with the free kick count (not you - but you know the usual suspects)
BigFooty not BigUmpires...nice to discuss football.
I can't speak for the precious little flowers though.

Anyway.
Nice to see Martin playing well again.
Houli in rare form...loved watching him play last week and again tonight...just his workrate, his enthusiasm and the run he provides is fantastic.

I was surprised by Essendons lack of endeavour tonight. You would expect them to be up for a marquee game.
As a team they looked disinterested or uninspired for large periods of the game. Allowed Richmond to dictate the play.
Just 2 goals scored up to 3/4 time is woeful.
Fired up in the last...Richmond had as someone mentioned earlier "put the cue in the rack" and were caught napping..
I think this was a game that may define the "beginning of the end" to Essendons season.
Whilst Richmond has had a poor run with injuries, they haven't lost their spirit or gameplan and their replacements have filled their roles well.
I don't see Essendon being able to respond in a similar way to their significant injuries - Daniher, Devon Smith, Fantasia etc....and now the loss of Stringer and Shiel with hamstring injuries.. Their forward line is in tatters.
They just looked 'lost' out there for a while, but then showed a bit of what they are capable of.
Coaching issue perhaps? Where was that pressure and intesity in the first three quarters?
Hard times ahead for Woosha I think...

Last edited:
How many players did we field with less than 20 games experience and are 20 years of age or under?
Balta
Bolton
Stack
Coleman Jones
Garthwaite
Baker

More than one quarter of our team.

Of course Higgins is only 20 but has now played 30 games.

Not bad.....

The average age of the team we fielded was 4 months younger than Essendon.

Let that sink in from both a Richmond and Essendon perspective.

Isnt it fascinating that this point is rarely if ever mentioned in our games? I think we’re nigh on the youngest side in the comp week in week out but I haven’t heard it mentioned once in a telecast. We had 5 players, nearly a quarter of our side, with under 10 games exp in several games this year but you don’t hear boo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are Riewoldt and/or Cotchin due back next week?

Lynch only suffered a corkie. Hopefully we’ll get Soldo, Cotchin and Lambert back next Friday night.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Lynch only suffered a corkie. Hopefully we’ll get Soldo, Cotchin and Lambert back next Friday night.

Wasn't cotch after the bye?

How much of a knob is Josh Cady?
1. Totalled
2. Mostly
3. Part time knob full time flog
4. Moderate

You posted under the wrong account Timothy.

How much of a knob is Josh Cady?
1. Totalled
2. Mostly
3. Part time knob full time flog
4. Moderate

Hey Sterge and tugga check this “tiger” out.

Wasn't cotch after the bye?

Nah, Jack and Short should be right to go after the bye. Hardwick in his presser said if Cotchin is good to go, he’s in. Before this week he had been in a holding patten going at 90% for 2 weeks. This week he has been training at full tilt.

According to footywire, it was 9 months younger. 24y5m V 25y2m

lol massively inflated. Level 1 was empty. It was high 60kd absolute best.

It was pouring rain everyone was undercover, i was actually there.
Members was packed as well

lol massively inflated. Level 1 was empty. It was high 60kd absolute best.

Dude, take it from someone who was there, it was around 80k. It was pissing down.
Secondly, if you’re gonna post like a knob, just go.

They might have sold 80,000 but they didn’t all turn up-no way there was that crowd tonight.
Attendance is based on amount of people who physically pass the turnstiles, nimrod

Back