Autopsy Smashed the Tigers - Rd 11, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Melts on Tiger board very humorous. Worth a look.

Apparently we are a "nothing club", "nothing game", "no one there" etc.

Well if we are that bad, how ****ing stupid are the clowns that laugh about getting owned by such a club AGAIN?!!

This claim that "its our grand final" and we have a rivalry with them.

I'll wear the "Its your Grand Final" stuff off Essendon because we DO have a rivalry with them and we do want to build up our games with them.

But Richmond? Rivalry? That mob? Really?

Richmond who for my whole life bar last season I immediately looked for when the fixture coming out to know if we had a guaranteed four or eight point head start on the comp that year?

Us.

Rivals with RICHMOND?

Lol.

Having a lot of fans doesn't mean you can't be a small club and they are the definition of a small club, will be dining out on 2017 for another three decades, you watch.

I don’t mean to be pushy but where the **** is giantroo all the goals clip?

I need another hit.

Unfortunately my Macbook Pro has carked it, hence why you haven't seen any of the goals videos lately. I've attempted to revive it but no luck. Just don't have the funds to get a new one.

Trying a workaround atm to get last night's game up but no guarantees yet.

Has anyone seen the highlights on the afl app . Firstly it’s says BLUES STUN THE TIGERS . Then the stupid narrator says MELBOURNE PILED ON SIX GOALS .. * me they are lazy journalists.. 🙄..

No one should undermine this feat. Richmond are one of the hardest teams out there and our young blokes made them look soft as butter after half time.

Shaw gave them licence to kill.

Bumped into Moons on the way out of the ground last night and he said words to the effect that "Brad wouldn't have enjoyed sitting at home watching that".
I think he would have hated every second of it.

At the end of the day if Shaw keeps the boys playing footy like that, then his brand and chances of another job take a big hit.

While last night was great, I know there will be some stumbles along the way, but if those stumbles happen playing that brand of footy then it will be one hell of a ride.

Tonight was a North team prepared to take the game head on and make life difficult for their opponent. These guys were so over coached by Scott and it looks like they were rapt to be let loose.

No second guessing, no looking to go backwards or handball to a player under pressure, just balls to the wall footy.

I think LDU’s game summed it up perfect. The kid was told to play on instinct and look how much better he was for it.

Don't be ridiculous and open the other eye, he got a holding free kick where the guy wasn't holding Brown's arm, Brown was more fending him off.
The second one was for an over the shoulder or whatever and it was very soft as well, if we used those to as a fair measuring stick you wouldn't be able to go anywhere near a forward.

You would be filthy of those were frees against Tarrant up in front of our defensive goal.
Like Lynch’s first goal where he ran into Tarrant and flopped to the ground?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The most noticeable thing about Shaw in the box, other than smashing lollies, was that he seemed in constant dialogue with his assistants.

A lot different to the images of Brad, who seemed to have very little interaction.

Just a small observation and hard to tell unless you are actually in the box, but you could definitely see Shaw in a lot more discussion.

Great win. Notable game plan change with barely a kick backwards and players always moving forward. When we weren’t in possession we hunted the man with the ball rather than trying to protect a zone.

I recall watching a couple of top 4 teams earlier in the year, and I lamented that the intensity and physicality the best teams play at is something that we have never really demonstrated under Brad Scott. Well last night was the first time I’ve seen us play at the level expected with intimidation to match since the 1990s.

PS. Our list is not the problem. I reckon this is our best spread of talent since the 90s - just needs to be coached in the right way. Can see Ahern, Scott and Murphy potentially pushing up soon. Also would love to see how Durdin and McKay respond to a new coach when their opportunities present again.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back