Free Agency Stephen Coniglio

Where do you think he will play in 2020 and beyond?

• GWS

Votes: 61 12.1%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 179 35.4%
  • Carlton

Votes: 185 36.6%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • West Coast

Votes: 27 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 40 7.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a group if experienced professionals getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars a year and with access to exact figures in front if them, know less than some guy on a football forum called the Ziebull? Right.

I wouldn’t worry about him mate, he’s just pi$$ed that Josh Kelly, not once but twice, knocked back massive money to play for the same club his old man played 36% of his senior games for.

You won’t have cap space to match after jelly signed on
Smith, Shiel, Scully, Lobb, and if the rumours are true Patton is in line for a salary dump trade as well.

GWS having the cap space to keep everyone they want is the worst kept secret in football.

Smith, Shiel, Scully, Lobb, and if the rumours are true Patton is in line for a salary dump trade as well.

GWS having the cap space to keep everyone they want is the worst kept secret in football.
Cameron, kelly, cogs, Greene, ward, Davis, Whitfield would all be on 700-1.2 mil a year each by end of the year let’s say 800k on average for all 7 to be conservative
That’s 5.6 mil of a 12 mil cap on 7 players taking half the cap

Then there’s Patton, Tomlinson, Haynes, Taranto, himmelberg, hopper

They won’t be keeping everyone

Cameron, kelly, cogs, Greene, ward, Davis, Whitfield would all be on 700-1.2 mil a year each by end of the year let’s say 800k on average for all 7 to be conservative
That’s 5.6 mil of a 12 mil cap on 7 players taking half the cap

Then there’s Patton, Tomlinson, Haynes, Taranto, himmelberg, hopper

They won’t be keeping everyone

That pre-supposes that’s what they’re on. It’s all just guesswork on your part. Geelong 2007-2011 and Hawthorn 2012-2015 were both collectively worth bucketloads more than they were actually being paid.

Sometimes players choose to play for clubs at rates well below what they might get elsewhere for a variety of reasons. Not all footballers care only about money.

Really? Not doubting your info, but not at all what I heard. I was told the Scully/Lobb trades was a salary fixer. Might be wrong though.

Yes it was. To make sure we were in the game for our out of contract stars this year and next.
Yeah and i don't doubt that but clearly the cap is tight otherwise you play hold those guys or at least play hardball on the trade. No doubt you guys are putting a fair offer in the hopes to sign him but who knows if the Giants will have the cap to match all offers if some clubs come in with huge offers. I think he stays but if he decides to leave the Giants may not be in a position to match.

Yeah and i don't doubt that but clearly the cap is tight otherwise you play hold those guys or at least play hardball on the trade. No doubt you guys are putting a fair offer in the hopes to sign him but who knows if the Giants will have the cap to match all offers if some clubs come in with huge offers. I think he stays but if he decides to leave the Giants may not be in a position to match.
This.

If he wants to go, he's done.

Slobbo's gone early though. Reckons he signs in the next 2 weeks.

This.

If he wants to go, he's done.

Slobbo's gone early though. Reckons he signs in the next 2 weeks.
Wouldn't surprise me in the least unfortunately, the guy is just a ripper of a person and even taking out all his on field ability is the type of guy everyone wants at their own club.

The Giants have had some huge re-signings and some very talented players but if they could lock him in long term i would say it's probably the biggest of the bunch.

Fingers crossed all the rumors are wrong!

It would of been tight if we kept all those players.
It will probably be tight again if we keep all the stars we want.
We got 2 1st rounders for Shiel, we've done ok.
We also have a history, for the most part, of not being dicks at the trade table. Helps us in the long run.

It’s been reported Cameron was one of the million dollar players last year
Green, Kelly, Ward, Whitfield, Davis and Cogs would we all agree none of those 6 would be on less than 700k a year? With a few of those being very close to a mil also

7 players taking up half the cap leaving 38 others to share the other half

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s been reported Cameron was one of the million dollar players last year
Green, Kelly, Ward, Whitfield, Davis and Cogs would we all agree none of those 6 would be on less than 700k a year? With a few of those being very close to a mil also
Reported?

Like it was reported that;

Jezza was off to Adelaide.
Kelly was off to North.
Tomlinson has been off to Carlton about 10 times now.
Dusty to North.

Don't believe everything that's reported. Sometimes it's just a guy or girl with an opinion.
Like here but they get paid, for some reason.

You do know about 3rd party deals and ambassador roles yeah?

We shall see I guess.

You know that if Cogs signs on $1m a year for 5 that blokes are going to push out. Patton, Tomlinson will be first out the door.

Then they face the fight of their life to hold on to Whitfield next year.

Cogs is the last plank. He's a jet and they want him to stay, but him staying will speed up the squeeze. It's common knowledge now.

Again
You list me what you think the below 7 are on/will be next year
Cameron
Coniglio
Kelly
Greene
Davis
Ward
Whitfield
Again.

No idea, I'm not the list manager, and neither are you.
You're either guessing or hoping that its the case, probably due to some rage that Kelly knocked your lot back. Again.

Not every club has to offer overs or even the going rate to keep players.
You also don't seem to be able to get that there are also 3rd party deals and or ambassador roles that can help.

We ditched a ton of talent last year knowing we have stars to sign this year.

Pretty straight forward really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back